Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.
(16-07-2015 10:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 10:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not true.

Look at lightsabers.
Real free thinkers huh?

Yes, but what is "free" in reality?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 10:38 AM
(16-07-2015 10:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For you maybe. Reality due to our disconnect from our path is quite horrid to say the least.

Dude, seriously, am I the only person here who feels like I need to be on WAY WAY WAY more drugs (or at least, some drugs) to understand what the hell this guy is talking about?

It's like random strings of hippie dippie crap, linked randomly together into "deepity" ... like that "Star Trek Technobabble Generator".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 10:46 AM
(16-07-2015 10:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 10:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For you maybe. Reality due to our disconnect from our path is quite horrid to say the least.

Dude, seriously, am I the only person here who feels like I need to be on WAY WAY WAY more drugs (or at least, some drugs) to understand what the hell this guy is talking about?

It's like random strings of hippie dippie crap, linked randomly together into "deepity" ... like that "Star Trek Technobabble Generator".

Except it's the Deepak Chopra Woo Factory.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-07-2015, 10:46 AM
All the jokes about this Fundie Theobabble Generator issue aside,

What does this have to do with the OP of the thread?

Does coming on here and sounding like a priest and a philosopher ate a bunch of psychoactive mushrooms and MDMA (ecstasy) somehow mitigate the horror of True Christianity™, or distract from the fact that videos like I posted show what a band of psychopaths Christianity's founders were? And what the "true believers" are, today?

Did you just see "Christian" in the title of the thread and come here like insects drawn to a bug zapper?

What the hell is wrong with you people? Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 10:51 AM
What brought me here was the fact that you stated you want to choke the next Christian you encounter. Well in not Christian technically but here I am defending all people, not Christianity, or athiesm, or Buddhism, or Islam. Just unity. If it offends you that there are people attempting to bring people together for a common good then perhaps you are more lost than some.
16-07-2015, 10:59 AM
popsthebuilder, I have some serious questions:

So, what I want to know is whether or not this is the real life or if this is just fantasy? Are we caught in some sort of "landslide" in which we can't escape our own reality?

There have been times when I had to open my eyes and "look" up to the "skies" just to "see".

Because... well... I was a poor boy. No, I never needed sympathy. It was all "easy come, easy go". Sometimes it would be a little high or a little low for me, but in the end, I accepted that in any which way the "wind" blew; it never really mattered to me. To me.

But, then life took a sudden turn when Momma killed a man. I guess that's another story for another time, though.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 11 users Like kingschosen's post
16-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Well played, King's... well played.

16-07-2015, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 11:53 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(16-07-2015 09:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Based on observation. Everything from the smallest most simple single celled organisms, to the earth, solar systems, galaxies has a path. No I never said God as I know it is a man or anything like a man.

hmmmm sounds like a pantheistic approach. God is everything, is that what you are trying to state? I assumed you were a Christian, now where did I get that idea? My mistake.

EDIT: ah that's right, because the thread was about Christians, and you popped in on the defensive, thus an assumption that you had a vested interest in the subject was drawn.

Carry on with your delusion good sir, becareful not to draw the wrath of NORRG, the universe creator who resides inside hollow Neptune. he may not find your theory entertaining.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
16-07-2015, 11:39 AM
(16-07-2015 10:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What brought me here was the fact that you stated you want to choke the next Christian you encounter. Well in not Christian technically but here I am defending all people, not Christianity, or athiesm, or Buddhism, or Islam. Just unity.

Did you watch the video? Did you notice, as I pointed out, that it was taking place in a prison chapel? Did you see the man (as many Christian leaders did at the prison I just spent 9 years, in on a wrongful conviction that just got overturned, where I heard this type of guest-preacher routinely invited to speak) preaching violence-justified-by-God to dangerous and unstable men who would likely go out and harm homosexuals and HIV/AIDS patients as a result? Come to think of it, ever watched a person stabbed, stomped and/or beaten to death, or had their skull smashed in with a heavy steel floor drain grate, because a prison psychopath thought they were the "wrong kind of person"? Because I have seen all of those things. And to think of a person encouraging them by saying "God Wills It" in the Chapel makes me want to choke out the next priest I meet. Yes. Fuck that whole, barbaric religion.

(16-07-2015 10:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If it offends you that there are people attempting to bring people together for a common good then perhaps you are more lost than some.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Common good? Common good!?! Yeah, you clearly didn't watch that video. You just think I have no right to get angry enough at the (correctly taught, if you're a literalist, as about 50% of Christians at least claim to be) teachings and teachers of the Bible that I wish harm upon them in return.

When I hear an asshole saying the things he says, preaching what he preaches, it triggers my "Louisville Slugger"-related impulses, which says a lot because I'm generally a really calm dude, and my martial arts background has seen to it that I see violence as a last resort. Indeed, I'm almost completely non-violent. Even faced with someone screaming in my face and/or threatening me (as I often did in prison), I don't get angry enough to want to fight or harm them. My reactions are normal "fight or flight" reactions: high adrenaline, heartrate, etc... but I don't get the urge to be violent as a result. I just get hyper-alert and aware. It's not in my nature. I learned this about myself under the most hostile and direct conditions you could imagine, where the norm is to be as brutal as possible, and the penalty for any fighting (short of causing serious physical injury, or involving weapons) is 10-20 days in the Hole, max. And yet, in a place where I was frequently threatened but never intimidated, occasionally attacked but never did the attacking however provoked, and where no one would seriously have cared if I beat the guy's brains half-out, I managed to keep my cool in every case except when actively being attacked. (I hurt that guy badly enough to draw criminal charges, and spend a few nights in the county jail where the prison was located, but the charges were dropped when the witnesses explained to the DA that it was a rape attempt, and I was defending myself against a much larger and stronger opponent, which made "disabling force" necessary. I hurt him worse than I meant to, but that's hard to control once you use those techniques.) Generally, I choose to avoid violence wherever possible. That's who I am.

So if I'm saying that I want to break this motherfucker's knees, and anyone who thinks/talks like him, you'd best stop and think about what could drive me to that point, eh?

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 11:44 AM
(16-07-2015 10:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 10:11 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Like the BS promise of eternal life.
Not eternal life like you think. All is energy. Energy cannot be destroyed. Period.
Facepalm Who said anything about energy? Red Herring.....

You have quite the ability to say absolutely nothing.... No point no meaning..... Nothing more than a Woo word salad.