War against Isis?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: War against Isis?
(24-02-2015 04:45 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  Even a cursory reading of the Quran gives me the impression that it was written by a schizophrenic 10-year old.
For anyone to be a moderate Muslim, they need to ignore half of what the Quran prescribes.
Same goes for the Christian bible, right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 07:08 PM
(24-02-2015 06:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 04:45 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  Even a cursory reading of the Quran gives me the impression that it was written by a schizophrenic 10-year old.
For anyone to be a moderate Muslim, they need to ignore half of what the Quran prescribes.
Same goes for the Christian bible, right?

Absolutely. in fact I was thinking of taking a poll "Out of the three Western Monotheistic Religions, which has been the bloodiest and most against Human Rights?" The Jews had the slaughters carried out by Moses and Joshua, the stonings, etc, The Christians had the Inquisition, the Crusades, Burning witches at the stake, etc., and the Muslims, their current anti-western, anti-modernist crusade.

All in all, the biggest contribution made to humanity by Western Monotheism has been limiting population growth through slaughter of innocent people.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
24-02-2015, 07:25 PM
(24-02-2015 07:08 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  The Jews had the slaughters carried out by Moses and Joshua, the stonings, etc,
Was that an actual historical event rather than a myth-story?
24-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Isis ?
What's all this I hear about a war against an ancient Egyptian god ?

Never mind

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-02-2015, 07:47 AM
(24-02-2015 07:25 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 07:08 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  The Jews had the slaughters carried out by Moses and Joshua, the stonings, etc,
Was that an actual historical event rather than a myth-story?

As far as I have been able to determine, there is no evidence that Moses or Joshua actually existed, but the Christians and the Muslims took the accounts as facts.

There is an interesting passage in the Quran where M. refers to Ezra as the prophet of the Jews (on the same level as Christ for the Christians). It is likely that it was Ezra that assembled to word-of-mouth stories into the Pentateuch. There is a reference in the Bible of Ezra (the priest) finding "a book" of laws. Kind of like Mohammad getting the Quran dictated to him--or Joseph Smith finding copper plates.

The Old Testament punishments prescribed are every bit as cruel and anti-humane as those in the Quran--kind of like Mohammad had a source.

I wonder if we should begin referring to Mohammad as "the Cartoon Prophet' in remembrance of the Charlie Hebdo victims?

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
25-02-2015, 07:47 AM
(24-02-2015 08:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Isis ?
What's all this I hear about a war against an ancient Egyptian god ?

Never mind

Madame Blavatsky would be proud.

26-02-2015, 12:59 PM
So, it seems that happy-go-lucky beheading maniac "Jihad John", has been identified as Mohammed Emwazi - a computer programer from London.
A SHITTY COMPUTER PROGRAMER. Undecided

Consider
I'm wondering about the odds on how long it will take to locate this piece of human puke.
I'm sure for many the odds will rest on getting him dead or alive.

I vote for alive... apparently, he's only 27?
I want him to have a very long life with no computer or phone and very spartan human contact. He should only exist but not actually live a life.

See Mohammed Emwazi... I also, can remove life. Easy peasy. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-02-2015, 02:15 PM
(26-02-2015 12:59 PM)kim Wrote:  So, it seems that happy-go-lucky beheading maniac "Jihad John", has been identified as Mohammed Emwazi - a computer programer from London.

Consider
I'm wondering about the odds on how long it will take to locate this piece of human puke.

I want him to have a very long life with no computer or phone and very spartan human contact. He should only exist but not actually live a life.

If I hadn't worked in corrections before, however briefly, I might agree. But the reality is that today's prisons are merely people warehouses, and the higher profile the inmates are the more their rights must be safeguarded to prevent a lawsuit. One second the public hates them, then they're in custody and by the end of the week you're facing the possibility of a mistrial or a lawsuit because they weren't given enough phone calls. Or they're writing to the ombudsman because they got one cookie with their meal instead of two like everyone else. He'd get 3 full meals a day, full medical coverage, phone access, the opportunity to continue radicalizing others from within the institution, and the chance to be let loose on a technicality. It might not be a vacation by any stretch of the imagination, but it'd be far from punishment. I'm not one for revenge. I just want this guy to not exist in this world, and a 5.56 NATO round costs less than a quarter.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
26-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Oh well, I consider nothing but the best for our young friend ...
[Image: IG-Supermax.jpg]

It's a sort of set it and forget it situation. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-02-2015, 08:16 PM
(26-02-2015 02:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:59 PM)kim Wrote:  So, it seems that happy-go-lucky beheading maniac "Jihad John", has been identified as Mohammed Emwazi - a computer programer from London.

Consider

If I hadn't worked in corrections before, however briefly, I might agree. But the reality is that today's prisons are merely people warehouses, and the higher profile the inmates are the more their rights must be safeguarded to prevent a lawsuit. One second the public hates them, then they're in custody and by the end of the week you're facing the possibility of a mistrial or a lawsuit because they weren't given enough phone calls. Or they're writing to the ombudsman because they got one cookie with their meal instead of two like everyone else. He'd get 3 full meals a day, full medical coverage, phone access, the opportunity to continue radicalizing others from within the institution, and the chance to be let loose on a technicality. It might not be a vacation by any stretch of the imagination, but it'd be far from punishment. I'm not one for revenge. I just want this guy to not exist in this world, and a 5.56 NATO round costs less than a quarter.

A most under-utilized phrase is "shot while attempting escape". Drinking Beverage

Note: Where are you buying your ammo? It's hard to find 5.56 NATO for much less than US$0.40/round, unless you're using that TulAmmo crap.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post