Poll: will this atheist organization progress toward success?
yes
no
[Show Results]

War on Atheist Culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 09:29 AM by TrainWreck.)
War on Atheist Culture
AmericanAtheist put out a statement that seems to reflect what probably took place at this year's convention - a social contract that seems to be aimed at discouraging the full use of free speech:

Some blogs and comments actually exhibit hatred, including rape threats and insults denigrating women. Hatred has no place in our movement. We unequivocally and unreservedly condemn those who resort to communicating in such a vile and despicable manner.

Our Approach

Here are some things that we plan to do to make our online secular community a place where we can exchange ideas and views instead of insults. We hope that others may also find this approach useful.
http://atheists.org/open-letter-secular-community

Threatening rape seems to be the threshold that was met that generated the organization of ideas, but the underlying task that they are proposing is something they are probably not going to be able to do without my help.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: War on Atheist Culture
I am not sure about what happens now. But look at the history. Christianity has kept getting more secular. Maybe towards an atheism end.

Want something? Then do something.
08-04-2013, 02:11 AM
(08-04-2013 02:07 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I am not sure about what happens now. But look at the history. Christianity has kept getting more secular. Maybe towards an atheism end.

I just wish I knew a way to help speed up that processThumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Find a substitute when people get desperate, anxious and depressed. And a group of people willing or even enthusiastic to provide social support. This demands altruism from secular people, which sounds like in different directions.

So religions will last for a long long time. And this warfare will get less and less intense.

Want something? Then do something.