War on christmas

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: War on christmas
(23-12-2013 05:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Wait, we're going to war on Christmas?

DIBS ON THE HOMOPHOBIC RELATIVE WHO WON'T TOLERATE YOUR GAY CHILD! If we're going to destroy Christmas, I want the best ruin-Christmas weapon there is.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
23-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Help keep Christ in Christmess

Help keep Eostre in Easter
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Like it or not, Christmas is a federal holiday in the United States. You may choose to not to celebrate Christmas, and that is certainly your choice. But to mock others who celebrate the holiday is unfair. You may not like Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, or MLK Day, but please give respect for those Americans who wish to exercise their right to enjoy the day in celebration.
25-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh jeez. Word, just fuck off and have a good Christmas would ya? Lighten up a little!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
25-12-2013, 10:24 AM
(25-12-2013 10:13 AM)theword Wrote:  Like it or not, Christmas is a federal holiday in the United States. You may choose to not to celebrate Christmas, and that is certainly your choice. But to mock others who celebrate the holiday is unfair. You may not like Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, or MLK Day, but please give respect for those Americans who wish to exercise their right to enjoy the day in celebration.

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism More

Irony

[Image: 6a00e54ed2b7aa8833019b0389258b970c-600wi]

[Image: Merry-Christmas-Photos-9.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-12-2013, 10:24 AM
WE LOVE xmas! It's the only day of the year that xtians actually try to walk their talk.

Except when they are grinches and come troll atheist fora when they should be out caroling or working in a soup kitchen or something

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-12-2013, 11:11 AM
(25-12-2013 10:13 AM)theword Wrote:  Like it or not, Christmas is a federal holiday in the United States. You may choose to not to celebrate Christmas, and that is certainly your choice. But to mock others who celebrate the holiday is unfair. You may not like Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, or MLK Day, but please give respect for those Americans who wish to exercise their right to enjoy the day in celebration.

Who says we don't celebrate on Christmas? It's a fun holiday! No one wants to get rid of it. That's just silly.

You need to find a sense of humor so you can recognize it when someone is making fun.

Not everyone likes to do the same thing this time of year, but I don't know anyone who actually wants to get rid of Christmas.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-12-2013, 11:44 AM
(23-12-2013 05:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Oh! That was delicious! I am stuffed! Thanks for the Christmas dinner DLJ!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
25-12-2013, 11:48 AM
(25-12-2013 11:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Who says we don't celebrate on Christmas? It's a fun holiday! No one wants to get rid of it. That's just silly.

You need to find a sense of humor so you can recognize it when someone is making fun.

Not everyone likes to do the same thing this time of year, but I don't know anyone who actually wants to get rid of Christmas.

I celebrate every year! Cook a nice meal, give a gift or two if I have the cash. Love the family! I just don't put any stress on the knees.
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post