War on drugs started to suppress political dissent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 12:27 PM
War on drugs started to suppress political dissent
Not surprising, but fucking wow anyway...

Quote:"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/j...=obnetwork

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
24-03-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: War on drugs started to suppress political dissent
Interesting. But who thought that this so called war on drugs was being waged for the good of people?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm not buying it. This guy died 22 years ago, and now some bum trying to write a book and a newspaper article is just now coming out with this, saying he remembered what was said only after reviewing notes he had kept?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Considering the fact that terms like "law and order" were consciously used by the Nixon Administration as code-words to mask their true outlook, I find this admission believable, if not proven.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-03-2016, 01:10 PM
(24-03-2016 12:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm not buying it. This guy died 22 years ago, and now some bum trying to write a book and a newspaper article is just now coming out with this, saying he remembered what was said only after reviewing notes he had kept?

There is nothing wrong with skepticism, but are you aware of Nixon's well documented racism towards blacks and Jews and hatred of hippies?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
24-03-2016, 01:26 PM
(24-03-2016 01:10 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm not buying it. This guy died 22 years ago, and now some bum trying to write a book and a newspaper article is just now coming out with this, saying he remembered what was said only after reviewing notes he had kept?

There is nothing wrong with skepticism, but are you aware of Nixon's well documented racism towards blacks and Jews and hatred of hippies?

I have no doubt the general idea could be true. I just doubt this guys story.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-03-2016, 02:42 PM
The "war on drugs" has been going on since the repeal of alcohol prohibition --- to give "the revenuers" something to do.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-03-2016, 03:00 PM

No one had to keep notes, you can listen to litterally thousands of hours of Nixon in discussions with anyone who happened to visit the oval office. Not to mention phone conversations. Everything was tapped and as far as can be figured, only 18 minutes were ever errased.

No doubt, if personal notes were involved, those are backed by recorded material.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-03-2016, 03:18 PM
More to the point it sounds exactly like what Nixon and his gang of crooks would do. The gang which erased tapes and broke into the Watergate hotel gets no slack when it comes to criminal activity.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
26-03-2016, 03:13 AM
(24-03-2016 01:10 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

you forgot his pro-genocide-warmongering,
he sent a US naval task force into the Indian ocean during the Indo-Pak war of 1971 while ignoring the Blood telegram which talked about one of the worst genocides ever committed in the Indian subcontinent.... so at which point we asked the Soviets to keep an eye on the USS Enterprise and its friends with their navy