War with North Korea impending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2017, 06:38 PM
War with North Korea impending
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/20/...veals.html

I saw this article this morning (yes, I check Fox news, so sue me) and it gave me a sick vomit-in-the-throat feeling. This is how wars start. Does KJ Un starve his own people and live like a king? Yeah, but we knew that, boooor-ing. But oh, wait...he has his people troll villages to scoop up good looking teen girls to serve as his sex slaves? Oh fuck! Guy has to go.

Is it true? Who knows. All that matters is the Trump admin cooks it up and feeds it to Fox and the conservative red-meat base. Gotta prime the pump to get the masses on board. It's the sinking of the Maine. It's the Zimmerman Telegram. It's the Tonkin Gulf. It's imaginary WMDs.

It's going to go down. Nice knowing you, South Korea and half of Japan.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
20-09-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: War with North Korea impending
[Image: 0bc8a2c2f1f15b5d878489a0991a5cf2.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
20-09-2017, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2017 08:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
I just read an article, I'll go find it, where the reporter indicated that the entire population fully expected to die in a nuclear war with the United States. When asked why then they would continue to provoke this act if it meant their own deaths, they showed him a giant bunker deep underneath a mountain and said "But a few thousand of us would survive." I don't see how you can hope to threaten that level of fatalism.

Here it is. From The New Yorker -

At lunch, I asked Pak, “If your country would be destroyed in a nuclear exchange, why are you really entertaining the idea?”

North Korea, he said, is no stranger to devastation: “We’ve been through it twice before. The Korean War and the Arduous March”—the official euphemism for the famine of the mid-nineties. “We can do it a third time.” The argument is embedded in North Koreans’ self-image. They are taught to see themselves as inhabitants of a land shaped by a history of suffering, a sense of hostile encirclement, and a do-or-die insistence on survival.

But, to state the obvious, I said, risking a premature end to a friendly meal, a nuclear exchange would not be comparable.

“A few thousand would survive,” Pak said. “And the military would say, ‘Who cares? As long as the United States is destroyed, then we are all starting from the same line again.’ ” He added, “A lot of people would die. But not everyone would die.”

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2017, 09:06 PM
I guess Trump is going to basically tease and dare Un to do something so we can react to it.
I have this little window that pops up on my laptop that shows breaking news stories as they're happening.
I'm waiting for the one that says NK has hit SK or Japan with a nuke, or at least some sort of missile
20-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Y'all need to get rid of Trump. He's recklessly endangering the entire world. How the fuck he was ever accepted as fit for office...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 10 users Like morondog's post
20-09-2017, 09:56 PM
(20-09-2017 09:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  Y'all need to get rid of Trump. He's recklessly endangering the entire world. How the fuck he was ever accepted as fit for office...

I think Mueller is getting ready to lower the boom. The latest shit on Manafort does not bode well for the Shitgibbon in Chief.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2017, 10:01 PM
(20-09-2017 09:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  How the fuck he was ever accepted as fit for office...

To be fair, as a reaction to the fact that barely any of our career politicians are fit for office. It's a vicious cycle. Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-09-2017, 12:22 AM
There will not be a war, I don't think. I do think that the next missile or two over Japan will see THAAD or AEGIS used to knock it down, if that is really possible. And once that happens, the rational player -- whose last name is not Trump -- will do the math and settle silent for a year or two.

(20-09-2017 09:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 09:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  Y'all need to get rid of Trump. He's recklessly endangering the entire world. How the fuck he was ever accepted as fit for office...

I think Mueller is getting ready to lower the boom. The latest shit on Manafort does not bode well for the Shitgibbon in Chief.

Mueller is being very crafty -- I'm using that word in the cointel sense of the word -- in drawing his noose. He's building his backstops up first so that when he goes in for the kill there is nowhere to run.

Follow the money.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-09-2017, 12:24 AM
(20-09-2017 09:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I wonder if Trump is desperate to find a distraction, hence North Korea?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-09-2017, 12:31 AM
Folks,

Trump wants Iran too, and Venezuela. I think Canada is OK for now. Thumbsup

At least Mexico will have the wall.

D.

PS - But its not funny. The real danger time will be at his re-election. If the numbers are not good a war will keep him in power. Oldest trick in the book.
[+] 4 users Like Dworkin's post