War with North Korea impending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: War with North Korea impending
(28-09-2017 11:58 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm almost 50 years old so...

I never felt any anxiety about nuclear war. I just don't want it to happen. I have visited the museums in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. People were burnt to a crisp, half burnt, faces melted off but still alive, died later from radiation poisoning. Almost entirely women, children, and elderly men. I figured it would be better if those horrors were never repeated. And did you say you want me to suck your cock? Damn, son. Different thread.
I'm older than you so no son requiredLaugh out load Poor Harry Truman saw the projections for U.S. casualties for the invasion of the Japanese homeland which was well over a million so I'm pretty sure the decision was actually quite easy a couple of hundred thousand enemy civilians who's government and military opposed to the rights of POWs and the Geneva convention verses minimal U.S. casualties, no contest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2017, 12:15 PM
(28-09-2017 12:10 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 11:58 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm almost 50 years old so...

I never felt any anxiety about nuclear war. I just don't want it to happen. I have visited the museums in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. People were burnt to a crisp, half burnt, faces melted off but still alive, died later from radiation poisoning. Almost entirely women, children, and elderly men. I figured it would be better if those horrors were never repeated. And did you say you want me to suck your cock? Damn, son. Different thread.
I'm older than you so no son requiredLaugh out load Poor Harry Truman saw the projections for U.S. casualties for the invasion of the Japanese homeland which was well over a million so I'm pretty sure the decision was actually quite easy a couple of hundred thousand enemy civilians who's government and military opposed to the rights of POWs and the Geneva convention verses minimal U.S. casualties, no contest.
The Japanese would have lost millions. Gen. Marshall was to be given ten more atomic bombs for use in our invasion of Japan. That would make it a round dozen Hiroshimas today.

And the War Minister had them handing out wood awls to the school girls, to stab the GIs in the genitals. If one had done that every school girl would have had to hide, because the GIs would have shot on sight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-09-2017, 12:43 PM
(28-09-2017 12:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 12:10 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm older than you so no son requiredLaugh out load Poor Harry Truman saw the projections for U.S. casualties for the invasion of the Japanese homeland which was well over a million so I'm pretty sure the decision was actually quite easy a couple of hundred thousand enemy civilians who's government and military opposed to the rights of POWs and the Geneva convention verses minimal U.S. casualties, no contest.
The Japanese would have lost millions. Gen. Marshall was to be given ten more atomic bombs for use in our invasion of Japan. That would make it a round dozen Hiroshimas today.

And the War Minister had them handing out wood awls to the school girls, to stab the GIs in the genitals. If one had done that every school girl would have had to hide, because the GIs would have shot on sight.

They didn't have ten and they didn't have the plutonium or uranium required to make ten at that time, it would have ment the continuation of the war for ages in order to achieve that.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
28-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Maybe we should learn from Japan's mistake and stop acting like we're invulnerable.

(So for the "we" non-Americans)
28-09-2017, 01:07 PM
(28-09-2017 12:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 12:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Japanese would have lost millions. Gen. Marshall was to be given ten more atomic bombs for use in our invasion of Japan. That would make it a round dozen Hiroshimas today.

They didn't have ten and they didn't have the plutonium or uranium required to make ten at that time, it would have ment the continuation of the war for ages in order to achieve that.
SecWar Stimson advised Marshall of the above schedule. Tell him he got it wrong if you want.
28-09-2017, 01:13 PM
(28-09-2017 01:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 12:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  They didn't have ten and they didn't have the plutonium or uranium required to make ten at that time, it would have ment the continuation of the war for ages in order to achieve that.
SecWar Stimson advised Marshall of the above schedule. Tell him he got it wrong if you want.
Well you're the expert on this so I bow to your knowledge on this matter Bowing
28-09-2017, 02:51 PM
(27-09-2017 10:37 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Really? A few weeks in Vietnam gave you some sort of insight into a "hive mind" that makes Asian cultures especially menacing?

For the record, I've been to Vietnam and lived in South Korea for a year and I think you saw what you wanted to see.
A few weeks in any southeast asian country is more than most US citizens have to base opinions on.

Maybe you saw what you wanted to see? I don't know. I don't claim to be infallible, just capable of observing and talking about what I see.

Nor am I suggesting that this makes Asian culture "menacing". I'm just suggesting it makes their perceptual and motivational framework different and we misread it at our (and their) peril.
28-09-2017, 03:08 PM
"Hive mind" is a very common and harmful stereotype of Asian cultures. On real inspection it turns out Vietnam, Japan, and Korea are all actually made up of individuals. Their mothers don't want to use their children as fodder any more than ours do.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
28-09-2017, 03:10 PM
I was far more concerned by the Bay of Pigs incident in 1961. The nuclear threat was a lot more tenable then.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-09-2017, 03:13 PM
(28-09-2017 03:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I was far more concerned by the Bay of Pigs incident in 1961. The nuclear threat was a lot more tenable then.

Try the Cuban Missile Crisis for a max pucker.