Ward Cleaver's profession

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Ward Cleaver's profession
Does anybody remember what the character Ward Cleaver did for a living? I don't.

...he could have been a hit man....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: Ward Cleaver's profession
He was the father, right? All I remember is he was really hard on the beaver.

[+] 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
01-09-2017, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 06:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
Before I look it up, I'm going with accountant. ... unspecified whit-collar Jungian archetype.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 06:25 PM
He worked for Lumpy's father at a trust company...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2017, 06:26 PM
I always saw right through that Eddie Haskel fucker.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
01-09-2017, 06:27 PM
(01-09-2017 06:20 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  He was the father, right? All I remember is he was really hard on the beaver.

[Image: Bahdumtish2.png]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
01-09-2017, 06:27 PM
(01-09-2017 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Before I look it up, I'm going with accountant.

Nope, it was talked about in one of the episodes...Can't remember which, but it also gave the impression they lived back east...

Which was totally funny to me growing up because that suburb looked more Los Angeles.

A while back the show was streaming on Netflix and I was bored...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
(01-09-2017 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Before I look it up, I'm going with accountant.

Nope, it was talked about in one of the episodes...Can't remember which, but it also gave the impression they lived back east...

Which was totally funny to me growing up because that suburb looked more Los Angeles.

Looked it up. Just one episode with mention of a trust company. I'm not sure whether you should be congratulated or committed.

Ward is an archetypical white collar, briefcase-toting professional of the 1950s. He wears a business suit, works in an office with a view of a metropolitan area, has a secretary named Grace, leaves home early in the morning and returns in the early evening. He works for a "big company" with main offices in New York City; more specifically, it was revealed in Season 3, Episode 19 that Ward works for a trust company under Mr. Anderson. He drives to work in his Plymouth unless June needs the car during the day for a specific errand. He is home on weekends for golfing at a local country club. Occasionally, Ward is required to do some office work at home. In one early episode, for example, he works at home on a women's marketing survey. His co-worker is Fred Rutherford, a smug, pompous man who refers to the workplace as "the salt mine."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 06:33 PM
(01-09-2017 06:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He worked for Lumpy's father at a trust company...
(01-09-2017 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looked it up. Just one episode with mention of a trust company. I'm not sure whether you should be congratulated or committed.

To ask the question is to answer it...Smile

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
01-09-2017, 06:40 PM
(01-09-2017 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nope, it was talked about in one of the episodes...Can't remember which, but it also gave the impression they lived back east...

Looked it up. Just one episode with mention of a trust company. I'm not sure whether you should be congratulated or committed.

Ward is an archetypical white collar, briefcase-toting professional of the 1950s. He wears a business suit, works in an office with a view of a metropolitan area, has a secretary named Grace, leaves home early in the morning and returns in the early evening. He works for a "big company" with main offices in New York City; more specifically, it was revealed in Season 3, Episode 19 that Ward works for a trust company under Mr. Anderson. He drives to work in his Plymouth unless June needs the car during the day for a specific errand. He is home on weekends for golfing at a local country club. Occasionally, Ward is required to do some office work at home. In one early episode, for example, he works at home on a women's marketing survey. His co-worker is Fred Rutherford, a smug, pompous man who refers to the workplace as "the salt mine."

Oh, he worked with Lumpy's dad...That makes it even more funny because I was under the impression that he was the boss...with someone over him of course...

I do remember the trust company because I always kinda assumed advertising or something along those lines.

I do recall them also mentioning a housekeeper, but only in the first season.