Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 05:21 AM
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III
I really, really, really needed this now... If you excuse me, I must be undignified for a moment...

PRAISE BE! PRAISE BE!! WORSHIP THE GOD-EMPRAH UPON HIS GOLDEN THRONE, FOR HE HATH BLESSED US WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS OF GIFTS, FAITHFUL ONES!! SING THE LITANIES OF BATTLE AND PRAISES TO THE GOD OF MANKIND, BESEECH THE MACHINE SPIRITS AND FULFIL THE RITES OF THE OMNISSIAH, FOR THE GUARDIANS OF HUMANITY, THE ADEPTUS ASTARTES MARCH UNTO BATTLE ONCE MORE TO PURGE THE UNCLEAN XENOS!!

Oh yeah, and we get to play as the Eldar and Orks too... Filthy xenos.

What am I on about?

Me, I love me some RTS. I'm terrible at them, but damn I love them. And I love Dawn of War I. A great, if simple, RTS in my opinion. It had a lot of problems, but at least it wasn't Dawn of War II. And based on an interview with PCGamer, Dawn of War III is looking like Relic has bone back to the DoW roots and have committed to making the Warhammer 40K RTS that is ever so needed once more. Based on doubtlessly doctors screenshots, and the interview, Relic are going to fix the tiny view range that plagued DoW and it's expansions, and they are making bigger units to befit the larger scale, namely, Eldar Wraithguard, Imperial Knights, and Ork Gorkanauts. No word of seeing the God Machines of the Mechanicus, or of their Titantic Eldar and Ork equivalents, but the modders will get them in one way or the other, just like they did in Soulstorm.

Anyway, what we know now; DoW III is going back to RTS roots, big armies, big fields, base buildings etc. It's being made by Relic, so I think we can be decently assured of quality, getting new toys to play with on the battlefield, units are being split into 'line' and 'elite' units which from the article seem to be basically normal and hero units commonly seen around. Gabriel Angelos will return, leading the Blood Ravens and Warboss Gorgutz reprises his role as the head of the Ork WAAAGH! with Farseer Macha coming back heading the Eldar armies. The campaign will revolve through the races mission by mission.

I am sooo hypey for this already.

I'm sorry, I know this post makes little sense, but I'm tired and still trying to get my footing back as it were after recent ... events, so I'm kinda clinging onto their trailer like a baby chimp clings to it's mother made of wire in the experimental chamber.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
04-05-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III
I'm always hoping for a squad-level tactical game (like xcom) based on Necromunda.

Or at the very least, a table-top rpg conversion...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
04-05-2016, 07:42 AM
A tactical squad level game would be nice, but I'll take an RTS over what they did with II. I still play Soulstorm a lot...to sum up a friend when it comes to 40k, I tend to play the "good" guys, the Imperium, or one of its factions in the video game adaptations like Soulstorm. Good being relative when the xenophobic racist genocidal religious maniacs with an obsession with burning things alive, are indeed, the good guys of the setting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2016, 07:49 AM
It must come, I can not wait to cleanse the filthy Xenos in the name of the Great God-Emperor of Mankind.

Also it seems that the units will be closer to tabletop in apearance and MOTHERFUCCKING IMPERIAL KNIGHTS!

I am excited Drooling

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
04-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Meh.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-05-2016, 01:19 AM
(04-05-2016 04:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh.

Looks like heresy to me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-05-2016, 12:08 PM
(05-05-2016 01:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Looks like heresy to me.

Kill it with fire.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
13-05-2016, 05:46 PM
(05-05-2016 01:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Looks like heresy to me.

[Image: NJTSGgr.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Love me some WH40K. Dawn of War 1 and 2 were great fun. DoW 1 even more-so with some killer mods. I hope the battles are on a larger scale this time.
13-05-2016, 06:02 PM
(13-05-2016 05:47 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Love me some WH40K. Dawn of War 1 and 2 were great fun. DoW 1 even more-so with some killer mods. I hope the battles are on a larger scale this time.

I believe that they are going for larger battles than 1 had.