Warm greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Warm greetings
Is Faith a gift? Yes, it is a gift, a sheer gift, bestowed on us out of God’s lavishness, and not out of any implicit contract in the covenant of creation. Faith is a dynamic gift, too, which means that it is both freely given and freely received. It is also a fruitful gift to such an extent that once we have it, we must never look on it as something which is our due, and ours to keep. We must freely give what we have freely received. Whenever we meet a heretic or a pagan, we must remember that our best gift, our Faith, is one which is also intended for him-even providentially so, once he has met us.

God loves every one of us. I'm sure He longs for everyone to have the gift of faith, but He does not force anyone or impose Himself on anyone.

From the Catechism, Section 160:
"Indeed, Christ invited people to faith and conversion, but never coerced them. 'For he bore witness to the truth but refused to use force to impose it on those who spoke against it.'"

Section 162:
"Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man. We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to St. Timothy: 'Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith.' To live, grow, and perservere in the faith until the end we must nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to increase our faith; it must be 'working through charity' abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
(09-10-2015 02:09 PM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 01:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well, even if he's gone, that pretty well sums up the disrespectful and insulting way these relious nuts appraoch sharing the "good news". What we are doing, Father Khan, is being honest. Totally honest. If by your post you are suggesting that honest people who have examined your religious nonsense form every angle possible, are somehow missing something, then you're wrong. Many of the people here know more about your faith and it's history than you do. They reject it. Totally honestly. They don't buy it. Get it ? It's not about "moral failing" (of any kind). If your god is so damn stupid, that he doesn't even know why non-believers honestly rejsect the notion of his/her existence, then you really need to find a smarter deity.

"No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him" , "Many are called, but few are chosen". Now why would your (supposed) founder waste his time in saying those things, if there was REALLY, in reality, no real distinction to be made there ?
St. Paul said faith was a gift. If everyone has it by default, it's not really a "gift" now is it ?

I liked you in Star Trek by the way, even though you were mean to the Admiral.

You have the attitude that,I don't know the bible.

John 6:44 where Jesus declares that “no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.” The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.

Quote:When Jesus says....

Oh no. Facepalm Not another "when Jesus says" nonsensical quote from a theist. No one knows what Jesus said.

Go away.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-10-2015, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 02:22 PM by Free Thought.)
(09-10-2015 01:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well, even if he's gone, that pretty well sums up the disrespectful and insulting way these relious nuts appraoch sharing the "good news". What we are doing, Father Khan, is being honest. Totally honest. If by your post you are suggesting that honest people who have examined your religious nonsense form every angle possible, are somehow missing something, then you're wrong. Many of the people here know more about your faith and it's history than you do. They reject it. Totally honestly. They don't buy it. Get it ? It's not about "moral failing" (of any kind). If your god is so damn stupid, that he doesn't even know why non-believers honestly rejsect the notion of his/her existence, then you really need to find a smarter deity.

"No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him" , "Many are called, but few are chosen". Now why would your (supposed) founder waste his time in saying those things, if there was REALLY, in reality, no real distinction to be made there ?
St. Paul said faith was a gift. If everyone has it by default, it's not really a "gift" now is it ?

John 6:44 where Jesus declares that “no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.” The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.

I will never understand why people (especially supposed prophets guided by an all-knowing god) put all the impetus for emotions and behaviour on the heart when it has nothing to do with them...

Well, ignorant non-god guided people from a time when meteors were signs that the gods were angry I can understand.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-10-2015, 02:31 PM
(09-10-2015 11:08 AM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  I see that you are not travelling,on the right path I am here to give you assistance to come to God.Smile

Yeah, no.

Hiyas.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I find people who talk of themselves in third person to be obnoxious.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 8 users Like The Germans are coming's post
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 02:48 PM by Commonsensei.)
This makes me hunger for a Po'boy. Anyone else getting hunger for a PoeBoy?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
09-10-2015, 02:45 PM
(09-10-2015 02:43 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  This make me hunger for a Po'boy. Anyone else getting hunger for a PoeBoy?

He's just a poe boy, from a poe family.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-10-2015, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 06:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)

All BS. If that's waht he meant, why did it have to be "interpreted". But I do get why someone in your evil institution thinks so poorly of people. Look at the people you work with and have to apologize for, every day.
You just refuted yourself, (and BTW I do know the Bible a hell of a lot better than you, sir). First you say it's due to the sinner, then you claim at the same time it's all due to your deity. So which is it ? Sounds like evivocation to me. YOUR church admits that some non-believers can be saved. So I see you don't even know your own theology. The "universality of depravity" is not a Biblical concept. See Martin Buber, whom you people love to quote from, ("I and Thou") but forget he also wrote "Good and Evil".

If your god has to do the "dragging, and many of us are more moral than you religious people, and we're clearly not being "dragged" anywhere, where does that leave you, Father Kahn ? Nowhere ? You do know that even Mother Teresa, now "beatified", as well as D. Bonhoeffer, were atheists. (Mother Teresa said in her memoirs "That which I see in myself, I fear to name".) She lost her faith. And you're going to try to fling the dung at us that she was "darkened and rebellious" ? If he doesn't "drag" everyone, the question remains. Why is his "dragging" so ineffective ?

You do also know I hope, that "original sin" is not Biblical, and the Roman Church cooked that BS up long after the time of your (supposed) founder. Your REAL founder was the insane megalomaniac, known as Paul of Tarsus, who really invented Christianity, but that's another matter. I think this self-righteous "darkened and rebellious" childish nonsense is not such a good way to share you "good news" Faaaather Kahn. Maybe you should read this : http://www.amazon.com/How-Share-Your-Fai...1888992301
with a foreward by Avery Cardinal Dulles. Tongue

People from the largest pedophile organization in the world really should not be talking about "depravity and darkness", sir.

Atheists are not depraved, or dark. Or immoral, or anything else. Your salvation myth is bogus :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ic-Origins

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2015, 02:51 PM
When KAHN!!!! came in I said to myself "Self. Where have you seen this guy before?"

Then it hit me. Like a big tainted cup of applesauce!
[Image: applewhite.jpg?crop=1xw:0.69031639501438...quality=90]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 6 users Like Commonsensei's post
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
(09-10-2015 02:14 PM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  God loves every one of us. I'm sure He longs for everyone to have the gift of faith, but He does not force anyone or impose Himself on anyone.

From the Catechism, Section 160:
"Indeed, Christ invited people to faith and conversion, but never coerced them. 'For he bore witness to the truth but refused to use force to impose it on those who spoke against it.'"

Section 162:
"Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man. We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to St. Timothy: 'Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith.' To live, grow, and perservere in the faith until the end we must nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to increase our faith; it must be 'working through charity' abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church."

And yet here you are forcing your opinions on us.

Nice Catholic hypocrisy is alive and well.

I thought you said you were leaving?

Just can't trust anyone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post