Warm greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Warm greetings
(09-10-2015 11:08 AM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  I see that you are not travelling,on the right path I am here to give you assistance to come to God.Smile

ahh I see that you are traveling on the path of the misinformed, hubris, and sanctimonious theist...catholic i see? Come to grips with how the church hides pedo priests by simply moving them to another church so they can continue to prey on little boys? Which god do you speak of by the way? There are so many made up gods Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-10-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 08:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-10-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:09 PM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  You have the attitude that,I don't know the bible.

John 6:44 where Jesus declares that “no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.” The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.

The Bible is not evidence.

That's what hit me most from his post. Right away he presumes his magical fairy-tale invisible set of people and their book, and the values he's been taught by rote, to yak-preach about it, are somehow to be presumed as true. Oh well. A fool is born every moment. he seems to have rounded up his share.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2015, 06:44 PM
(09-10-2015 11:08 AM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  I see that you are not travelling,on the right path I am here to give you assistance to come to God.Smile

A few questions if I may:

1) What's God's address? I don't need your guidance and you probably can't give that to me since you don't know where I'm at. So just give me an address or latitude-longitude coordinates or something concrete like that, and Google Maps will help me come to God. No offense, but I prefer the guidance of a bunch of cars with panoramic cameras on their tops over someone who obviously got lost and stumbled into the wrong forum.

2) ... also, if you were hypothetically to offer some sort of guidance, would you care to explain why A) every other denomination's guidance differs from yours, B) every other religion's advice differs from yours, including the advice of which holy book to turn to, and C) why would I choose to follow your advice over theirs? Is there a hat? Is there a funny little hat we can draw religions out of?
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
09-10-2015, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:24 PM by Mark Fulton.)

Let me help you. You should have written

"I see that you are not travelling on the right path. I am here to give you assistance to come to God."

Grammar is important. What is more, your tone is patronising, condescending and judgemental. Not a good start, father.

You are forgiven for that. Please hang around.

Although I must warn you... there's not much money to be made here. Weddings, funerals, baptisms, and deathbed donations on line aren't going to happen here.

You won't find any prepubescent boys who like to drink wine or go camping here either.

In fact there are many women here. They all have opinions, and jobs, too. We know that will make you squirm.

Oh...and some of us have actually read the bible. That will also cause you more than a few sticky moments.

People here think for themselves too. We like science. We like rational thought. You may find that a little confronting.

You will discover another problem. We have genuine empathy for our fellow man...well...most of us do anyway. We care about people, and particularly kids. We "arc up" when people get exploited. So you will be shot off at the kneecaps if you try to push your agenda here. Just sayin'

Also...we know about history. The catholic church has abused, raped, stolen from and molested the human race for nearly 2000 years now. You are going to have to apologise and recompense us for that before you get accepted into the human family.

Good luck with all that. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-10-2015, 06:49 PM
(09-10-2015 06:46 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The catholic church has abused, raped, stolen from and molested the human race for nearly 2000 years now.

Don't forget the genocide, witch trials, censorship, and general suppression of science and personal freedom.

Oooh, and endorsing the divine right of kings, so that's a lot more atrocities by proxy.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
09-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Deej? WTF?

Laugh out load
(09-10-2015 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Fuck off. Drinking Beverage

Noticed the reversion in the custom user title. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2015, 10:19 PM
welcome, hope you enjoy your stay
09-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Hi father.
I have already turned two catholic priests to atheism. What's one more? I'll gladly talk to you. But not today. I am not well enough.

Perhaps in a couple of days.

Anyway while here I suggest you do not address anyone as if they are your "flock". There are a few sheep here but they are all ignorant theists with no real knowledge of the bible. Unlike a great many of us who not only read it, but studied it. So you are amongst wolves, not sheep. Treat them as such, with respect. The moment you allow that to elapse will be the moment you will be set upon.

OK?

Enjoy your stay.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
09-10-2015, 10:44 PM
(09-10-2015 06:44 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Is there a hat? Is there a funny little hat we can draw religions out of?

[Image: is?1NLrAV5f4BTTX8Oc7bQmFxeAhpwxXDU5jtbP6...height=213]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-10-2015, 10:54 PM
(09-10-2015 10:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:44 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Is there a hat? Is there a funny little hat we can draw religions out of?

[Image: is?1NLrAV5f4BTTX8Oc7bQmFxeAhpwxXDU5jtbP6...height=213]

.... okay, I was going to argue that I'd said "little", but then I pulled up wiktionary and got hit by adjective definition 8, so point to you.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post