Warm greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Warm greetings
(10-10-2015 03:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 11:08 AM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  I see that you are not travelling,on the right path I am here to give you assistance to come to God.Smile
Please, give me assistance. Teach me.

You know, I've got a bridge I wanna sell......in Brooklyn.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 05:49 PM
So this guy is from the same part of India that I'm originally from. In his video, he's speaking Malayalam, my mother tongue. He seems to be an RC priest not a televangelist. Let me speak to him.

Khan sabe,
You heap big annoying. Braves here getting plenty restless. Doing war dance and waving tomahawks. You vamoose. Savvy?

Ok. That should do it.

Doc
[+] 14 users Like docskeptic's post
10-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Come on father, you have made your religion your life's purpose. Surely you can tell us all how we can distinguish what you are calling God from something that you are merely imagining? After all, if it is indistinguishable from something that is imaginary..........

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
10-10-2015, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 11:08 PM by TheMrBillShow.)
(09-10-2015 11:08 AM)Fr.Xavier Khan Wrote:  I see that you are not travelling,on the right path I am here to give you assistance to come to God.Smile

Take your patronizing sanctimony and use it to fertilize a field somewhere else. Do you honestly think that level of conceit you've demonstrated in your opening remark is going to make you any friends in a place called "The Thinking Atheist?"

A large number of people you'll find here spent many years in religious study. Prayer, religious reading and discussion, and heartfelt contemplation were matters of regular routine. For many of us, dismissing that way of life was no trivial matter. Instead, it was done with great anguish and put many familial bonds at risk. Nevertheless, we had to go where the evidence was. Intellectual honesty and clarity allowed for no other possible course of action.

But no. You couldn't even entertain such a notion. Instead, you introduce yourself with a condescending bit of pablum wrapped in cynical joviality.

Bring some ideas and evidence or please, just go away.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 5 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
10-10-2015, 11:26 PM
I am wondering just how "warm" the greetings are, and for whom? Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-10-2015, 07:51 AM
(10-10-2015 11:04 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  

Take your patronizing sanctimony and use it to fertilize a field somewhere else. Do you honestly think that level of conceit you've demonstrated in your opening remark is going to make you any friends in a place called "The Thinking Atheist?"

A large number of people you'll find here spent many years in religious study. Prayer, religious reading and discussion, and heartfelt contemplation were matters of regular routine. For many of us, dismissing that way of life was no trivial matter. Instead, it was done with great anguish and put many familial bonds at risk. Nevertheless, we had to go where the evidence was. Intellectual honesty and clarity allowed for no other possible course of action.

But no. You couldn't even entertain such a notion. Instead, you introduce yourself with a condescending bit of pablum wrapped in cynical joviality.

That's what I said; I just said it more tersely. Drinking Beverage

(09-10-2015 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Fuck off. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Two paths

One is climbing a mountain, observing which hand holds to use, when climbing gear is required for safety and always striving to move up that mountain despite the obstacles.

The other path is haphazardly falling down the mountain believing the path they are on is guided by a god and all the way down, this person is screaming to others "You're on the wrong path. Follow me so your soul can be saved."

No matter how many lemmings fall down around me, I'll never be willing to abandon my critical thinking to see from their perspective.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
11-10-2015, 01:32 PM
(11-10-2015 08:42 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Two paths

One is climbing a mountain, observing which hand holds to use, when climbing gear is required for safety and always striving to move up that mountain despite the obstacles.

The other path is haphazardly falling down the mountain believing the path they are on is guided by a god and all the way down, this person is screaming to others "You're on the wrong path. Follow me so your soul can be saved."

No matter how many lemmings fall down around me, I'll never be willing to abandon my critical thinking to see from their perspective.

... on the other hand, taping a wireless video camera to their back to see their perspective can be awesome. ... expensive, but awesome.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
11-10-2015, 05:38 PM
(10-10-2015 11:04 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  

Mmmmmm.

pabulum |ˈpabjʊləm| (also pablum)
noun [ mass noun ] literary
bland or insipid intellectual matter, entertainment, etc.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent. (in the sense ‘food’): from Latin, from the stem of pascere ‘to feed’.

Thanks! A new word for me Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2015, 10:12 AM
(11-10-2015 05:38 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 11:04 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Take your patronizing sanctimony and use it to fertilize a field somewhere else. Do you honestly think that level of conceit you've demonstrated in your opening remark is going to make you any friends in a place called "The Thinking Atheist?"

Mmmmmm.

pabulum |ˈpabjʊləm| (also pablum)
noun [ mass noun ] literary
bland or insipid intellectual matter, entertainment, etc.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent. (in the sense ‘food’): from Latin, from the stem of pascere ‘to feed’.

Thanks! A new word for me Big Grin

I had this vague sense I'd heard the word before. Tongue
It's baby food ... very appropriate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablum

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post