Warning: Rage-Provoking Stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Warning: Rage-Provoking Stupidity
Parents face First Degree Murder charges after starving their diabetic son. Alex Radita, 15, weighed just 37 pounds when he died of complications resulting from untreated diabetes, neglect and starvation. No word on the exact motive but on finding the boy cold and lifeless, the father called the church over then waited four hours before calling EMS.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 04:30 AM
RE: Warning: Rage-Provoking Stupidity
When I read articles like that I forget that I am against the death penalty.

We have a similar case in my neck of the woods too:

"I burned him because I felt the devil in him" the father and ex-Mountie said at the torture trial of his son.

The father is claiming that his own terrible childhood and PTSD is to blame and that he didn't know that what he was doing was wrong. I don't know what kind of testing and training you have to go through to get into the RCMP, but I'm pretty sure that "making sure an officer is able to tell right from wrong" is in there somewhere.

At least the kid in this case escaped and lived, but what will he have to deal with for the rest of his life. There are worst things you can do to a person in this world then just kill them.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
26-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Who knew "religious freedom" meant the ability to torture and kill????

Oh, yeah -- those folks in Salem who burned witches..................

go figure....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-05-2016, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 01:44 PM by SitaSky.)
I was just debating a fellow atheist on Youtube this morning about how the world would be better without religion, I mentioned how medical science would be vastly improved and we've been held back at this point and they said it's fine whatever anyone want's do with their body but what about their kids? Just another way we would be better off without a God myth pervading our lives. He was making the argument that many people still need religion, basically they are too stupid to live without it, but really they're too stupid to allow it to run their lives, they end up causing harm to each other and then blaming their religious "values" for their actions. Sad

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
26-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I can't begin to describe how many levels this just pisses me off.

BC had the kid in protective custody and returned him? Then the family moves...wtf? That child should never have been returned.

Those people were too crazy to be trusted.

Yeah this is one of those people piss me off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Angry!!!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-05-2016, 03:12 PM
(26-05-2016 02:08 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Angry!!!

I have no words; your post says it for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-05-2016, 04:12 PM
(26-05-2016 01:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I was just debating a fellow atheist on Youtube this morning about how the world would be better without religion, I mentioned how medical science would be vastly improved and we've been held back at this point and they said it's fine whatever anyone want's do with their body but what about their kids? Just another way we would be better off without a God myth pervading our lives. He was making the argument that many people still need religion, basically they are too stupid to live without it, but really they're too stupid to allow it to run their lives, they end up causing harm to each other and then blaming their religious "values" for their actions. Sad

Although I agree with you. I don't think this is something that can be shut off over night. It's a long process. As much as I would like Relgion to be a past memory. It's not going to go away with out a fight. Education and Education of younger generations is the only way. Thou I'm hearing and seeing younger people "waking up" earlier. It's those indoctrinated house hold that hold their thumb down on new ideas.

In some of my arguments, it has been brought up "What of the renaissance? The great achievements of art and architecture that have been created by religion." I respond "Artist go where the money is. Church's had money and power and could afford such luxurys. And where do you think the churches got that money from? Hard work, and persovirouns. No the people that where in the search of hope. That maybe the plague wouldn't take them in the night if god was on their side."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
26-05-2016, 04:45 PM
(26-05-2016 01:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can't begin to describe how many levels this just pisses me off.

BC had the kid in protective custody and returned him? Then the family moves...wtf? That child should never have been returned.

Agreed. The judge that returned that boy to his family utterly fucked up. I'd very much like to see him held accountable for his stupidity.

This is one of the reasons that my wife and I are concerned about fostering. I can't imagine how his foster family must be feeling.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
26-05-2016, 05:06 PM
(26-05-2016 01:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can't begin to describe how many levels this just pisses me off.

BC is very much to blame and nobody will be taking them to task over it.