Was 9/11 an inside job?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Was 9/11 an inside job?
(19-02-2014 09:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Are we saying that sometimes war is good? Consider

Yes, it can be the best of bad choices.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 09:13 AM
(19-02-2014 09:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Are we saying that sometimes war is good? Consider

How could it not be?

Every act carries with it positive and negative consequences. If the former outweigh the latter...

Are you familiar with the trolley problem thought experiments? From many points of view most wars are that in aggregate.

[Godwin]Opposing the fascists in WWII. Good or bad?[/Godwin]

... this is my signature!
19-02-2014, 09:18 AM
(19-02-2014 09:13 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

How could it not be?

Every act carries with it positive and negative consequences. If the former outweigh the latter...

Are you familiar with the trolley problem thought experiments? From many points of view most wars are that in aggregate.

[Godwin]Opposing the fascists in WWII. Good or bad?[/Godwin]

Starting a war with interests is one thing, resistance to a war is another Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-02-2014, 09:20 AM
If 9/11 is an inside job it's a pretty fucking good one. The mastermind behind it should get a medal for his hard work.
19-02-2014, 09:23 AM
(19-02-2014 09:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Starting a war with interests is one thing, resistance to a war is another Tongue

Of course, but "interests" can mean anything.

Not that there's any single line to cross, either. I was trying to speak beyond a purely self-defensive level because I think that much most people accept implicitly.

But that gets into the question of "what is one's moral obligation in the face of another's suffering", which might outside the remit of the thread.
Wink

... this is my signature!
19-02-2014, 09:24 AM
(19-02-2014 09:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  If 9/11 is an inside job it's a pretty fucking good one. The mastermind behind it should get a medal for his hard work.

Since GW Bush was in charge at the time, this is an impossibility.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
19-02-2014, 09:27 AM
(19-02-2014 09:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  If 9/11 is an inside job it's a pretty fucking good one.

Apparently not, a lot of ill educated people living in the basement got to the truth quite fast. Big Grin

The real gospel: Jesus went rogue and preached love instead of genocide. God got angry and went old testament style on Jesus's ass, setting him up to be tortured and killed. The End.
[+] 2 users Like Alexandro's post
19-02-2014, 09:29 AM
(19-02-2014 09:23 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 09:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Starting a war with interests is one thing, resistance to a war is another Tongue

Of course, but "interests" can mean anything.

Not that there's any single line to cross, either. I was trying to speak beyond a purely self-defensive level because I think that much most people accept implicitly.

But that gets into the question of "what is one's moral obligation in the face of another's suffering", which might outside the remit of the thread.
Wink

Anyway, tricky subject. It's just almost funny how long Americans have been in wars Tongue

(19-02-2014 09:24 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 09:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  If 9/11 is an inside job it's a pretty fucking good one. The mastermind behind it should get a medal for his hard work.

Since GW Bush was in charge at the time, this is an impossibility.

Good point.
However, the idea that whoever is President of the USA is the master of the universe is one thing I can't forgive Americans for Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-02-2014, 09:51 AM
(19-02-2014 08:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 08:22 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You didn't like most of the wars? So you liked some of them?

There's Korea on down to Libya.

But I guess the question then is how much UN operations can be considered...

You might ask the families of the dead and wounded. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2014, 09:56 AM
(18-02-2014 07:33 PM)max_payne Wrote:  Hey everyone check out this documentary on 9/11. What do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quTifldhH-g

No.

The logic dictates a big fat NO.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post