Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2017, 10:13 AM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(03-11-2017 09:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 08:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I had assumed that not all bans are permabans. Most sites I've been at, including one I helped moderate, had varied periods of bannage depending on severity, history, etc.

As far as I'm aware, for TTA almost all bans have been permanent. I can think of one occasion where someone got a temp ban. I think it might even have been Earmuffs. There may have been others but I can't recall them.

I personally believe that's the right way to do things. I mean, sure maybe there's a case for bringing in less harsh stuff. But frankly we're adults. I don't need to be kept in line with the threat of various grades of punishment. Muffs did his best to deserve this, he got his wish.

Didn't Brian get a temporary ban/ suspension for something he said about KUSA over on AF ? I'm pretty sure you can get a temporary suspension if you go too far but not quite far enough for a full ban.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2017, 10:14 AM
I honestly can't believe we have devoted 10 pages (and counting) to this.

Are we (some, that is) really saying the mods aren't doing a good job? No mod will ever please everyone all the time. So the question comes down to "on the whole" as it would for anyone in that role. Personally, on the whole, I think the mods are doing a great job.

But that's also beside the point, as is whether you liked or didn't like Earmuffs. It's even beside the point whether his conduct leading up to the ban was acceptable or unacceptable (although that's a valid, different question). The point is Earmuffs asked to be banned and so he was banned. That's it. Time to move on.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
03-11-2017, 10:19 AM
(03-11-2017 10:14 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I honestly can't believe we have devoted 10 pages (and counting) to this.

Don't go judging us mate Wink We've got 548 pages dedicated to "What's your latest first world problem".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
03-11-2017, 10:28 AM
(03-11-2017 09:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  I personally believe that's the right way to do things. I mean, sure maybe there's a case for bringing in less harsh stuff. But frankly we're adults. I don't need to be kept in line with the threat of various grades of punishment. Muffs did his best to deserve this, he got his wish.

Hard to argue with your reasoning here, I guess I just like the idea of second chances etc. (Not that I'm plumping for one in this case.)

(03-11-2017 09:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 09:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, for TTA almost all bans have been permanent. I can think of one occasion where someone got a temp ban. I think it might even have been Earmuffs. There may have been others but I can't recall them.

I personally believe that's the right way to do things. I mean, sure maybe there's a case for bringing in less harsh stuff. But frankly we're adults. I don't need to be kept in line with the threat of various grades of punishment. Muffs did his best to deserve this, he got his wish.

There are a number of degrees of consequences for breaking rules. Some may not be noticed by other members - like being blocked from participating in the personal issues or welcome sections if their rules have been repeatedly broken. There are several more levels leading up to a perma ban. Muffs was given one of the lighter punishments and CHOSE to be perma banned.

Thanks for clarifying, Dom.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-11-2017, 10:29 AM
(03-11-2017 10:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Don't go judging us mate Wink We've got 548 pages dedicated to "What's your latest first world problem".
No judgment. Just exercising my disbelief - happens a lot in these forums. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
03-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:I honestly can't believe we have devoted 10 pages (and counting) to this.

I’m sick of famine and nuclear war and airplane passenger and nurse threads. This is the new now.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
03-11-2017, 10:54 AM
(03-11-2017 10:14 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I honestly can't believe we have devoted 10 pages (and counting) to this.

I always get confused for a sec when I see people say what page we're on in a thread. I have my page post-count setting at like 50 or something because I hate clicking through pages, but that means we're only on page 3. How do you all just endure that?! Gasp

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
03-11-2017, 11:01 AM
(03-11-2017 10:54 AM)Emma Wrote:  

I always get confused for a sec when I see people say what page we're on in a thread. I have my page post-count setting at like 50 or something because I hate clicking through pages, but that means we're only on page 3. How do you all just endure that?! Gasp

Tongue

That’s a major endeavor figuring out how to change the posts per page.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
03-11-2017, 11:03 AM
[Image: Calvin04.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
03-11-2017, 11:08 AM
(03-11-2017 10:54 AM)Emma Wrote:  I always get confused for a sec when I see people say what page we're on in a thread. I have my page post-count setting at like 50 or something because I hate clicking through pages, but that means we're only on page 3. How do you all just endure that?! Gasp

Tongue

Some things are easier to take in smaller amounts at a time. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post