Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(06-11-2017 06:13 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm trying to get up to speed here...could somebody tell me who the good guys and the bad guys are?

As far as everyone else goes, I'm not here to influence people's opinions so you'll have to form your own views on them all.

As far as I go, I'm freaking awesome. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
06-11-2017, 07:45 PM
(06-11-2017 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  For the record (because I have been asked to clarify) at no time did Hughsie advocate for pederasty or paedophilia in its modern / colloquial (and aberrant) sense.

I don't think you read what I said. If you have been ordered to post what you did then you did what you had to do.

Perhaps you should have clarified it better, as I can understand why DLJ said what he said.

I'm thinking your intended meaning was perhaps Hughsie may have thought that opening up the forum and welcoming pedophiles would help expose them to law enforcement?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
06-11-2017, 07:50 PM
(06-11-2017 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think you read what I said. If you have been ordered to post what you did then you did what you had to do.

Perhaps you should have clarified it better, as I can understand why DLJ said what he said.

I'm thinking your intended meaning was perhaps Hughsie may have thought that opening up the forum and welcoming pedophiles would help expose them to law enforcement?

No, back in the day when this all went down Hughsie thought it was better that they announced their predilection so we could better protect children and let them be here 'cause free speech...

And that's it for me as I am sure I am thisclose to someone looking for a reason to ban me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-11-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 08:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-11-2017 07:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 06:13 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm trying to get up to speed here...could somebody tell me who the good guys and the bad guys are?

As far as everyone else goes, I'm not here to influence people's opinions so you'll have to form your own views on them all.

As far as I go, I'm freaking awesome. Big Grin

And fat. You've become very fat. Smile

#sigh
06-11-2017, 08:04 PM
(06-11-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And that's it for me as I am sure I am this close to someone looking for a reason to ban me.

No dear. No one is looking for any reason to ban you.

Although Moms has the final say, she is not the type to fly off the handle and pull the trigger. Her patience is legendary, and her value and respect for innumerable members is self-evident. She governs the forum with integrity, and i don't know anyone here who is not proud of what she does for our forum.

We are all in this together. We all know what the rules are and what lines we should not cross. Damn few of us more established members will ever cross that line, not just because we know its wrong, but also so that we don't put Moms into a position such as the one she was forced into with Earmuffs.

I was a forum admin on a few forums in the past. The last thing I ever wanted to do was ban a well established member. I would do anything to not do it. It sucks.

You haven't done anything at all that would warrant so much as to raise an eyebrow.

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
06-11-2017, 08:07 PM
(06-11-2017 08:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And fat. You've become very fat. Smile

Yeah and fat, it's true that I'm also fat. I'm still awesome though. Smile

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
06-11-2017, 08:09 PM
(06-11-2017 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And that's it for me as I am sure I am this close to someone looking for a reason to ban me.

No dear. No one is looking for any reason to ban you.

Although Moms has the final say, she is not the type to fly off the handle and pull the trigger. Her patience is legendary, and her value and respect for innumerable members is self-evident. She governs the forum with integrity, and i don't know anyone here who is not proud of what she does for our forum.

We are all in this together. We all know what the rules are and what lines we should not cross. Damn few of us more established members will ever cross that line, not just because we know its wrong, but also so that we don't put Moms into a position such as the one she was forced into with Earmuffs.

I was a forum admin on a few forums in the past. The last thing I ever wanted to do was ban a well established member. I would do anything to not do it. It sucks.

You haven't done anything at all that would warrant so much as to raise an eyebrow.

Thumbsup

Thank you...much appreciated.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-11-2017, 08:09 PM
(06-11-2017 08:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And fat. You've become very fat. Smile

Yeah and fat, it's true that I'm also fat. I'm still awesome though. Smile

Really?

I heard you were fat.

Tongue

06-11-2017, 08:12 PM
(06-11-2017 08:09 PM)Free Wrote:  Really?

I heard you were fat.

Tongue

Yeah I made the mistake several years ago of mentioning to Ferdinand on Skype that I was a bit chubby and that was it, with 30 seconds I was the forum fat guy for all eternity. I am now like legitimately fat though so I can't really argue.

Best
Worst
06-11-2017, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 08:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-11-2017 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  Although Moms has the final say, she is not the type to fly off the handle and pull the trigger.

I've watched all of those who have opted to wield the banhammer since damn near to this forum's inception. Until Moms, it broke them all. I warned the HellboundPreacher Erxomai to not assume the responsibility because it will end in tears. It ended in tears and the HellboundPreacher has now found different roads to perdition. It even broke Stark, the OG of the forum. More than once. And that's even with him smoking a shitload of weed. I don't think it's gonna break Moms. I think she's got this. I trust her judgment.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post