Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(06-11-2017 08:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:09 PM)Free Wrote:  Really?

I heard you were fat.

Tongue

Yeah I made the mistake several years ago of mentioning to Ferdinand on Skype that I was a bit chubby and that was it, with 30 seconds I was the forum fat guy for all eternity. I am now like legitimately fat though so I can't really argue.

That's okay. I have no lack of tonnage either. I love good food, and do all my own cooking.

My wife doesn't think I'm fat, but the mirror doesn't lie.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
06-11-2017, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 08:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-11-2017 08:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And fat. You've become very fat. Smile

Yeah and fat, it's true that I'm also fat. I'm still awesome though. Smile

I really don't fault you and the Scot. Hell I like you both. It's more like "only a fool would give responsibility to someone foolish enough to seek it." I think that fool might've been Stark on his first or second "fuck this shit" but I don't fault him either. You stepped up and provided a service to the forum when somebody had to do it or there may not be no forum no more. As has the StarkRaving done when necessary more then once. So kudos for that. Thumbsup

But your immediate interest in formulating the "rules" was straight out of William Golding. I don't blame you, you were only like 20 yo. You're a pleasant enough fat British twit to me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2017, 09:07 PM
I used to wish I'd joined this place sooner. Ya'll are making me glad I wasn't around for all that past drama.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
06-11-2017, 09:14 PM
(06-11-2017 09:07 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I used to wish I'd joined this place sooner. Ya'll are making me glad I wasn't around for all that past drama.

It did take quite a while to find someone with the temperament required to wield the banhammer.

#sigh
06-11-2017, 10:08 PM
(06-11-2017 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think it's gonna break Moms. I think she's got this. I trust her judgment.
Same here. This is the only atheist forum I've ever been on, but I've been active in the past on a bunch of different kinds of forums. Bar none this place has the best mods by a country mile.

Unless I get banned in which case they are monsters, horrible horrible monsters, and it's been obvious from the start.

I think they do a damn fine job.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 12 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2017, 11:55 PM
I like the moderating approach here, it seems fair to me. This is the one time I've seen a long-time member get banned in 2.5 years, even with the shitstorms that occasionally erupt. Much better than other forums I've seen, where rules are made to be interpreted, or staff lines up one one side even when their own rules indicate otherwise.

I do know that if I got banned, at least I'd gotten a fair hearing ... and that Jerry would have my back. The rest of you mofos, I don't know ... I got no crew here, I'm a free agent.
07-11-2017, 12:06 AM
(06-11-2017 10:08 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think it's gonna break Moms. I think she's got this. I trust her judgment.
Same here. This is the only atheist forum I've ever been on, but I've been active in the past on a bunch of different kinds of forums. Bar none this place has the best mods by a country mile.

Unless I get banned in which case they are monsters, horrible horrible monsters, and it's been obvious from the start.

In any normal forum, you and I would've been given the choice of hemlock or exile long ago. This is why it took so long to find a proper personality to wield the ban hammer. This is not your normal forum. Big Grin

#sigh
07-11-2017, 02:06 AM
(07-11-2017 12:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 10:08 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Same here. This is the only atheist forum I've ever been on, but I've been active in the past on a bunch of different kinds of forums. Bar none this place has the best mods by a country mile.

In any normal forum, you and I would've been given the choice of hemlock or exile long ago. This is why it took so long to find a proper personality to wield the ban hammer. This is not your normal forum. Big Grin
Haha, agreed. I like this place, lots of people here I care about and I'm allowed to sharpen my claws largely without being reigned in.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-11-2017, 03:08 AM
(06-11-2017 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  Although Moms has the final say, she is not the type to fly off the handle and pull the trigger.

I've watched all of those who have opted to wield the banhammer since damn near to this forum's inception. Until Moms, it broke them all. I warned the HellboundPreacher Erxomai to not assume the responsibility because it will end in tears. It ended in tears and the HellboundPreacher has now found different roads to perdition. It even broke Stark, the OG of the forum. More than once. And that's even with him smoking a shitload of weed. I don't think it's gonna break Moms. I think she's got this. I trust her judgment.

I have faith in her too.

Being a mod broke me on a previous forum, even though I didn't have the power to ban anyone by myself (except jobbers like spam artists). It broke me in as much as I couldn't enjoy the forum at all after that, and there was no going back. I had a lot of emotional fallout too and lost some friends in the process. I don't regret giving it a go, and it was the right decision for me to quit, but I wish I'd handled it all better near the end.

I managed to stay very calm and objective for almost a year, but then a series of events happened that were too much for me. I can't imagine how much harder it must be to have ban power to yourself. But if anyone can do it, moms can.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
07-11-2017, 09:12 PM
(07-11-2017 03:08 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've watched all of those who have opted to wield the banhammer since damn near to this forum's inception. Until Moms, it broke them all. I warned the HellboundPreacher Erxomai to not assume the responsibility because it will end in tears. It ended in tears and the HellboundPreacher has now found different roads to perdition. It even broke Stark, the OG of the forum. More than once. And that's even with him smoking a shitload of weed. I don't think it's gonna break Moms. I think she's got this. I trust her judgment.

I have faith in her too.

Being a mod broke me on a previous forum, even though I didn't have the power to ban anyone by myself (except jobbers like spam artists). It broke me in as much as I couldn't enjoy the forum at all after that, and there was no going back. I had a lot of emotional fallout too and lost some friends in the process. I don't regret giving it a go, and it was the right decision for me to quit, but I wish I'd handled it all better near the end.

I managed to stay very calm and objective for almost a year, but then a series of events happened that were too much for me. I can't imagine how much harder it must be to have ban power to yourself. But if anyone can do it, moms can.

Seriously, agreed. I hated being a mod on a Catholic forum, because of how selectively the rules were enforced, and trying to call the admin's favorites on breaking the rules was a lost cause. Then everyone would report things so much more often than I ever thought possible! I think I filed 4 reports in 2 years there (maybe 3-4 reports while here on TTA and 3 reports in 13 years on another forum), and some people filed them multiple times per day. Plus no matter what you did, people and their respective clique would hate you and then cause even more drama about enforcing the rules and claim you were playing favorites.

Moms and the team here have my utmost respect for not getting openly cranky at all of us and doing their (volunteer, mind you, and unpaid) jobs so well.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post