Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 02:34 PM by Grasshopper.)
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(08-11-2017 01:26 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 01:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  And before you repeat that "he was just joking", try joking about terrorism the next time you're preparing to board an airplane. There are some things that you just don't joke about.
I'm not condoning what Muffs said. Surely he could have been asked/instructed not to make this claim anymore.

If we take a look at the "real" world. We don't need to go much further than Trump. The guy has accused Obama of illegally wiretapping him. He has accused Comey of illegally leaking information. He constantly calls Hillary "Crooked Hillary". People get away with this shit all the time.

If Trump were on this forum and if Hillary were also a member, I'd expect the moderators to warn him about the phrase "crooked Hilary" and ban him if he persisted. I wouldn't expect the moderators to demand an apology and ban him if he refused to comply.

My issue is with the need to publicly apologise. Now, I'm not sure if that is actually what happened. Some I am a bit confused on what happened and why Muffs was banned.

So if I murder someone or rob a bank, all I have to do is say I won't do it anymore? That's not how it works. What muffs did is tantamount to a crime, and he's lucky to get away with nothing more than being asked for a public apology. He was willing to make a public accusation, he should be willing to make a public apology. If he's too proud to do that, fuck him.

The apology needs to be public because the accusation was public. If this had all happened in PMs, none of us would know or care.

ETA: OK, some other posts happened while I was typing the above. I didn't know that there was no demand/request for an apology, so scratch that part of what I wrote. Still, it sounds as if he was unwilling to accept any punishment at all for what he did -- as if he did nothing wrong. Well, he did do something wrong. Actions have consequences. If you perform the actions, you had better be prepared to take the consequences.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
(08-11-2017 02:27 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So if I murder someone or rob a bank, all I have to do is say I won't do it anymore?

I think that is overly dramatic.
No-one was murdered and no money or possessions were stolen.

I doubt Siz was overly affected by Muff's post. Siz didn't even try to defend the point that he isn't a child rapist, the accusation was so off left field it didn't need Siz to defend.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
08-11-2017, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 06:44 PM by Vera.)
(08-11-2017 02:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Perhaps accusations of "child rapist" is something gay people get accused of, and perhaps when insulting someone this came to mind for him

Are you for real? Should we all now apologise to him? Facepalm

And for the record, this is insulting to gay people - apparently, they are so fucked up, they throw accusations of pedophilia at everyone? Facepalm indeed!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
08-11-2017, 02:54 PM
(08-11-2017 02:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  Are you for real? Should we all now apologise for him? Facepalm
Where did I say that?

(08-11-2017 02:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  And for the record, this is insulting to gay people - apparently, they are so fucked up, they throw accusations of pedophilia at everyone? Facepalm indeed!
Where did I say that?

I treat Muff's as an individual, not as a representation of gay people.

But do carry on...
08-11-2017, 03:19 PM
(08-11-2017 02:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 01:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Muffs was just a kid when he started here, he practically grew up here and that is why many of us always felt protective of him. He did grow up though and was treated more like a responsible adult as time went.
The guy clearly has some issues.

In my empathy state, I was hoping one day that he would tell us he has got on with his life rather than trying to hide his gayness. It seems a bit sad to me that someone can spend so many years of their life trying to be something that they are not in order to avoid judgement of others.

Perhaps accusations of "child rapist" is something gay people get accused of, and perhaps when insulting someone this came to mind for him, I'm not sure what brought it on. But I do think that potentially this storm in a teacup could have been dealt with in a way that didn't have such a dramatic conclusion.

If I recall correctly, he actually went on a date recently. He says he is an asexual gay. He has never hidden it here that I know of.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-11-2017, 03:42 PM
(08-11-2017 02:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Where did I say that?

But do carry on...

So why bring gay PEOPLE into the whole thing at all?

Oh, we want to have our cake and eat it, too, don't we? Maybe some coffee to wash it down with? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-11-2017, 04:22 PM
(08-11-2017 03:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 02:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Where did I say that?

But do carry on...

So why bring gay PEOPLE into the whole thing at all?

Oh, we want to have our cake and eat it, too, don't we? Maybe some coffee to wash it down with? Drinking Beverage
Why be snarky?

I'm trying to give Muffs the benefit of the doubt. It does seem quite random that he would call Siz a child rapist, (unless they have had some previous conversation that might explain it), anyway, I'm trying to think up some "plausible" way that muffs might associate "child rapist" as some kind of ultimate insult.

I'm not the type to quickly jump on someone and label them as having a bad character. You seem to have already done that to me fro the way you are interpreting what I am saying.
08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
(08-11-2017 04:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 03:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  So why bring gay PEOPLE into the whole thing at all?

Why be snarky?

I'm trying to give Muffs the benefit of the doubt. It does seem quite random that he would call Siz a child rapist, (unless they have had some previous conversation that might explain it), anyway, I'm trying to think up some "plausible" way that muffs might associate "child rapist" as some kind of ultimate insult.

I'm not the type to quickly jump on someone and label them as having a bad character. You seem to have already done that to me fro the way you are interpreting what I am saying.

Probably he just ran out of insults. Possibly he did it on purpose, knowing very well what happened with the pedo thing here. Muffs likes to push the envelope. This time it fell over the edge of the table.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-11-2017, 04:37 PM
And he - repeatedly - called a member "tranny" because? His mumsie didn't give him enough hugsies as a kid or what?

I repeat - are you for real? He was a repugnant, bigoted, vindictive little shit and he got exactly what he deserved. About a couple of years too late.

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
08-11-2017, 04:45 PM
(08-11-2017 04:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  And he - repeatedly - called a member "tranny" because? His mumsie didn't give him enough hugsies as a kid or what?

I repeat - are you for real? He was a repugnant, bigoted, vindictive little shit and he got exactly what he deserved. About a couple of years too late.
He seemed ok to me, a little over the top, but generally OK.