Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(08-11-2017 09:37 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So you think that accusations of child rape are just fine anywhere except the US, and that we're being unreasonable by objecting to it? I don't believe that (I hope libel isn't an exclusively American concept), but if the rest of the world really thinks that way, I'm extremely glad to be American.

Yeah, "America's the greatest country in the world". I know, I've been told that thousands of times. There seems to be no recognition by SOME that there are other great countries in the world. It's something we all have to deal with. For example, I would love Australia to take the US's lead and drop the EU-centric "Paris Agreement" made by countries with vested interests and, oh all this cheap power that we don't have in Australia: Geothermal, Hydro (we barely have any), and Nuclear.

On that same note though, consider just how viscous and nasty the US media has been towards Trump, even when it's not warranted to be so against the orange moron. For example, in this video David Pakman denigrates Trump for saying that "mass shootings can happen anywhere" while in Japan, a country with some of the tightest gun ownership laws in the world:

And he thinks he's being dead serious as well. Even though he goes on to say that mass shootings do happen in Japan at a rate of around 10 per year! If Trump instead had said it in Australia it would have been laughable because we haven't had a mass shooting in 21 years, but 10 mass shootings per year is a terrible number. Sure Japan has the lowest gun related deaths per capita in the OECD, however mass shootings do still happen there quite regularly.

Americans do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME. They insist on propagating their point of view based on their subjective whatever subjective constructs they come up with. And they completely ignore facts that they don't agree with.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 05:21 PM
(08-11-2017 04:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  He seemed ok to me, a little over the top, but generally OK.

BTW, your mailbox is full. Time to delete some messages.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2017, 05:24 PM
(08-11-2017 05:17 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Americans do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME. They insist on propagating their point of view based on their subjective whatever subjective constructs they come up with. And they completely ignore facts that they don't agree with.

Not much generalization there.... did you know atheists ate babies?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-11-2017, 05:25 PM
(08-11-2017 05:17 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:37 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So you think that accusations of child rape are just fine anywhere except the US, and that we're being unreasonable by objecting to it? I don't believe that (I hope libel isn't an exclusively American concept), but if the rest of the world really thinks that way, I'm extremely glad to be American.

Yeah, "America's the greatest country in the world".

Please show me where I said that or anything like it. You are the one making a false dichotomy -- that objecting to something that is (or should be) universally reprehensible (accusing another person of child rape) constitutes "America propagating their view on everyone else" -- as if only Americans would object to this, and they are being unreasonable by doing so.

Has it escaped your notice that people from England and eastern Europe are making the same point that I am? Is England now part of America? This has nothing to do with America. Child rape and accusations of child rape are bad throughout the world.

If you want to badmouth America, find another platform. It has nothing to do with this issue.
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Yeah, "America's the greatest country in the world". I know, I've been told that thousands of times. There seems to be no recognition by SOME that there are other great countries in the world. It's something we all have to deal with. For example, I would love Australia to take the US's lead and drop the EU-centric "Paris Agreement" made by countries with vested interests and, oh all this cheap power that we don't have in Australia: Geothermal, Hydro (we barely have any), and Nuclear.

On that same note though, consider just how viscous and nasty the US media has been towards Trump, even when it's not warranted to be so against the orange moron. For example, in this video David Pakman denigrates Trump for saying that "mass shootings can happen anywhere" while in Japan, a country with some of the tightest gun ownership laws in the world:

And he thinks he's being dead serious as well. Even though he goes on to say that mass shootings do happen in Japan at a rate of around 10 per year! If Trump instead had said it in Australia it would have been laughable because we haven't had a mass shooting in 21 years, but 10 mass shootings per year is a terrible number. Sure Japan has the lowest gun related deaths per capita in the OECD, however mass shootings do still happen there quite regularly.

Americans do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME. They insist on propagating their point of view based on their subjective whatever subjective constructs they come up with. And they completely ignore facts that they don't agree with.

So what does any of this have to do with what happened to earmuffs??

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 7 users Like JDog554's post
08-11-2017, 05:32 PM
(08-11-2017 05:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 04:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  He seemed ok to me, a little over the top, but generally OK.

BTW, your mailbox is full. Time to delete some messages.
Done.

I thought I'd deleted, but it just moved to trash can and continued to take up space.
I've properly deleted them now.
08-11-2017, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 07:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
We seem to be forgetting that the Kiwi CuntMuffin was ultimately banned for the very reason the pig he liked to poke with a stick called Mr.&Mrs. Woof was banned, they both, and to their credit, came to the realization that their continued presence on the forum would result in their descent into a state of madness where neither the Gwynnies nor the Girlies could reach them with any length belay line. In short,they were afraid. Cunt is after all just another word for pussy.

“I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker, and I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker, and in short, I was afraid.” - Prufrock, Alfred J.

Moms was kinder than Stark, she showed the 26 yo gay virgin (What does that even mean? How do you know you're gay if you're a virgin?) mercy much earlier than Stark showed Woofy. Stark was always queasy about killing things he couldn't eat. I remember that day when he first tasted human flesh and was repulsed by it. ... I've seen pictures of his home-smoked bacon though, dude knows what to do with a pig. Smile

In hindsight, you'd have to be stark raving mad to try and save this forum from itself more than once. Don't mean you don't know the proper way to do a pig though.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-11-2017, 06:46 PM

Offtopic

Also: vicious. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
09-11-2017, 01:01 AM
(08-11-2017 05:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So what does any of this have to do with what happened to earmuffs??

Nothing, I'm simply showing some solidarity with Banjo and better late than never! What he wrote and I quoted makes complete sense to me and I couldn't have put it better myself.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2017, 01:02 AM
(08-11-2017 11:30 AM)Stevil Wrote:  He says what he says because he means it. For him to be demanded to say something he doesn't mean is belittling, he is not a child.

Yet in your previous post you remarked that it was an obvious joke. How meaningful is that?

Whether or not it was a joke, he chased it to the bitter end. I've said words I regret, too. Wisdom comes with knowing when to apologize, especially when the words were toss-offs.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post