Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2017, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 05:47 PM by adey67.)
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
Steve my understanding was that he wouldn't give an undertaking that he would stop with the kiddie fiddling insults, to do nothing wasn't really an option for admin otherwise they would have appeared impotent and toothless and what's the point in having mods if they allow just anything and everything? Also this is an atheist site so its not unreasonable for anti religious comments to be permitted next you'll be suggesting we all start sucking up to and extolling the virtues of Pat Robertson, its hardly in the same league as pederasty insults.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-11-2017, 05:49 PM
(10-11-2017 05:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Steve my understanding was that he wouldn't give an undertaking that he wouldn't stop with the kiddie fiddling insults, to do nothing wasn't really an option for admin otherwise they would have appeared impotent and toothless and what's the point in having mods if they allow just anything and everything? Also this is an atheist site so its not unreasonable for anti religious comments to be permitted next you'll be suggesting we all start sucking up to and extolling the virtues of Pat Robertson, its hardly in the same league as pederasty insults.
I understand that it is a hard job to moderate a forum. I am on the arm chair here and obviously it is easy to criticise and harder to do.

But. Rather than be pre-emptive, they could have let Muffs continue with his violation and then ban him rather than just presume. But actually, that is not why they banned him. They banned him because they say he refused to accept the punishment on offer and that he asked instead to be outright banned.

My opinion on that is that they could have enforced the restrictions anyway and if he choose to continue to participate AND chose to continue with this allegation then they could have banned him and I would have personally had no problems with it.
10-11-2017, 05:50 PM
(10-11-2017 05:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Steve my understanding was that he wouldn't give an undertaking that he would stop with the kiddie fiddling insults, to do nothing wasn't really an option for admin otherwise they would have appeared impotent and toothless and what's the point in having mods if they allow just anything and everything? Also this is an atheist site so its not unreasonable for anti religious comments to be permitted next you'll be suggesting we all start sucking up to and extolling the virtues of Pat Robertson, its hardly in the same league as pederasty insults.
Many people had problems with Siz's anti muslim stance.
10-11-2017, 05:58 PM
(10-11-2017 05:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 05:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Steve my understanding was that he wouldn't give an undertaking that he would stop with the kiddie fiddling insults, to do nothing wasn't really an option for admin otherwise they would have appeared impotent and toothless and what's the point in having mods if they allow just anything and everything? Also this is an atheist site so its not unreasonable for anti religious comments to be permitted next you'll be suggesting we all start sucking up to and extolling the virtues of Pat Robertson, its hardly in the same league as pederasty insults.
Many people had problems with Siz's anti muslim stance.

I think I was one of them (cant be sure though) but my point is its not in the same league as pederasty insults frankly not even in the same ball park.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
10-11-2017, 06:03 PM
And even more people have a problem with Stevil's ignorant stance on white privilege. So what? Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
10-11-2017, 06:08 PM
(10-11-2017 05:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 05:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Many people had problems with Siz's anti muslim stance.

I think I was one of them (cant be sure though) but my point is its not in the same league as pederasty insults frankly not even in the same ball park.
No, I'd say Siz's stance is far worse. Siz stance is against millions of people, it's bigotry and it's ongoing.

Muff's post was a single instance and it was just a nothing insult really. It was meaningless, he offered no proof or reason, it was just a spur of the moment lashing out.
Siz's stance on muslims, muslims clothes, muslim's desire not to make an oath on the bible continues. Siz's stance has real meaning and real impact.

Muff's single post really was a nothing insult, a throw away comment.
10-11-2017, 06:10 PM
(10-11-2017 06:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  And even more people have a problem with Stevil's ignorant stance on white privilege. So what? Drinking Beverage
Don't know what you are getting at. My lack of belief that white people have privilege isn't an insult, it isn't harassment, it isn't bigotry. It's just a lack of belief on something that has no evidence or logic to it.
10-11-2017, 06:13 PM
(10-11-2017 06:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 05:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I think I was one of them (cant be sure though) but my point is its not in the same league as pederasty insults frankly not even in the same ball park.
No, I'd say Siz's stance is far worse. Siz stance is against millions of people, it's bigotry and it's ongoing.

Muff's post was a single instance and it was just a nothing insult really. It was meaningless, he offered no proof or reason, it was just a spur of the moment lashing out.
Siz's stance on muslims, muslims clothes, muslim's desire not to make an oath on the bible continues. Siz's stance has real meaning and real impact.

Wow really? I'll tell you id much rather be called a racist homophobic or bigot than a kiddy fiddler anyday.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
10-11-2017, 06:19 PM
(10-11-2017 06:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 06:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No, I'd say Siz's stance is far worse. Siz stance is against millions of people, it's bigotry and it's ongoing.

Wow really? I'll tell you id much rather be called a racist homophobic or bigot than a kiddy fiddler anyday.
I'd rather be called neither. But if it is just coming from someone on the internet as a blatant insult rather than actually trying to make people believe it, then who really cares?
If it bothers you, click the Report button, let the moderators know, they tell the offender to stop it, and then the issue is done.

I can't get the moderators to get Siz to accept that women have a choice to wear muslim styled head scarves.

Muff's discretion was much easier to deal with. It's not like we have a group of people chanting that Siz is a child rapist. No-one took it as an allegation, we all took it as a mindless insult.

Just tell him to stop, threaten a ban and if he continues then do the ban.

I don't get all the fuss.
10-11-2017, 06:23 PM
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree otherwise I can see us running around in circles ad infinitum.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post