Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(10-11-2017 06:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I think we are going to have to agree to disagree otherwise I can see us running around in circles ad infinitum.
Yes, we don't have to agree. I just want people to stop attacking me now for not agreeing with them. aye Vera.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2017, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 08:20 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(10-11-2017 06:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Muff's discretion was much easier to deal with. It's not like we have a group of people chanting that Siz is a child rapist. No-one took it as an allegation, we all took it as a mindless insult.

Just tell him to stop, threaten a ban and if he continues then do the ban.

I don't get all the fuss.

Mindlessly insulting someone by saying they're a child rapist is somehow better? For that matter, mindless implies the insult is arbitrary, which it clearly wasn't, otherwise Earmuffs wouldn't have used it. He had the intent to do damage. That's why he used the insult. This is just more blind favoritism. Fuck Earmuffs' cult of personality, I'm not having any of it. By the way, there's nothing noble in defending someone who falsely made an accusation of child rape.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-11-2017, 08:28 PM
(10-11-2017 06:28 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yes, we don't have to agree. I just want people to stop attacking me now for not agreeing with them. aye Vera.

Methinks the internet is not the right place for someone of such delicate sensibilities if THIS is what you consider an attack, but calling people child rapists and trannies is understandable.

Keep it up though, this is getting more hilarious by the minute. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-11-2017, 09:01 PM
(10-11-2017 08:11 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Mindlessly insulting someone by saying they're a child rapist is somehow better? For that matter, mindless implies the insult is arbitrary, which it clearly wasn't, otherwise Earmuffs wouldn't have used it. He had the intent to do damage. That's why he used the insult. This is just more blind favoritism. Fuck Earmuffs' cult of personality, I'm not having any of it. By the way, there's nothing noble in defending someone who falsely made an accusation of child rape.
I'm not trying to be noble, and I'm not Earmuff's fan.
The guy didn't get banned for accusing Siz of being a Child Rapist, so all these protests of my protests are actually off point.
10-11-2017, 09:05 PM
(10-11-2017 08:28 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 06:28 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yes, we don't have to agree. I just want people to stop attacking me now for not agreeing with them. aye Vera.

Methinks the internet is not the right place for someone of such delicate sensibilities if THIS is what you consider an attack, but calling people child rapists and trannies is understandable.

Keep it up though, this is getting more hilarious by the minute. Drinking Beverage
You accuse me of generalising gays, you get nasty about my use of English. You have gotten personal against me for who knows what reason.
You have often in this thread misunderstood my points and built them up to be things that I have not argued or said or implied.
10-11-2017, 09:05 PM
(10-11-2017 09:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 08:11 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Mindlessly insulting someone by saying they're a child rapist is somehow better? For that matter, mindless implies the insult is arbitrary, which it clearly wasn't, otherwise Earmuffs wouldn't have used it. He had the intent to do damage. That's why he used the insult. This is just more blind favoritism. Fuck Earmuffs' cult of personality, I'm not having any of it. By the way, there's nothing noble in defending someone who falsely made an accusation of child rape.
The guy didn't get banned for accusing Siz of being a Child Rapist, so all these protests of my protests are actually off point.

He got banned for refusing to apologize for making a ridiculously severe accusation. You can't separate the accusation he made from why he got banned.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
10-11-2017, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 09:28 PM by Vera.)
(10-11-2017 09:05 PM)Stevil Wrote:  You accuse me of generalising gays

You did and it was one of the stupidest things I've seen posted here.

And if you want to be taken even remotely seriously (though this ship is just a speck on the horizon by now) it's "gay people" not gays. Facepalm

Quote: you get nasty about my use of English.

I very kindly ask you to tell me what twee precious world you live in where *that* was nasty Facepalm

Quote:You have gotten personal against me for who knows what reason.

See above. What are you, 12? And how long have you interacted with people? For five minutes? Facepalm

[Image: Crying-baby.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-11-2017, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 10:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-11-2017 09:05 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 09:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm not trying to be noble, and I'm not Earmuff's fan.

He got banned for refusing to apologize for making a ridiculously severe accusation. You can't separate the accusation he made from why he got banned.

That is not my read. My read is he committed suicide by cop. ... Thus inflicting damage on both the cop and the forum. His epitaph should read "Here lies a proper cunt." ... Kudos for that at least I guess. He was proper.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the little cunt, thought he was funny as all fuck. His faux apology was one of the funniest things I've ever read. .. Was that his 2000th post? I hope it was his 2000th post because that would be seriously funny as all fuck.

I keep going back to the precedent set by Tomasia v. Banjo. TommyBoy's joke wasn't funny but his apology, while not accepted by Banjo, seemed at least sincere. CuntMuffin's initial apology was hilarious but when pressed on it to not be an asshole he decided to go full proper cunt. As a proper cunt should have. But if I had to weigh the value of Tomasia to this forum against the value of earmuffs, I'd go with TommyBoy every time. Jesters are a dime a dozen, curious fools are far more interesting. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-11-2017, 09:15 PM
(10-11-2017 09:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

Also sorry for accusing you of being Earmuffs' fan. I had no evidence for that.

10-11-2017, 09:46 PM
(10-11-2017 05:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 05:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Steve my understanding was that he wouldn't give an undertaking that he would stop with the kiddie fiddling insults, to do nothing wasn't really an option for admin otherwise they would have appeared impotent and toothless and what's the point in having mods if they allow just anything and everything? Also this is an atheist site so its not unreasonable for anti religious comments to be permitted next you'll be suggesting we all start sucking up to and extolling the virtues of Pat Robertson, its hardly in the same league as pederasty insults.
Many people had problems with Siz's anti muslim stance.

And I, one of those folks, would not suggest banning him, because bigotry is not in the same league as false accusations. Nor did Syz ask for banning. And as much as I disliked Muffs's insistence on using racial slurs, I never once reported them, because I reckon that letting him air those feelings out would clue folks in to what bothered me.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Turns out he was a cunt, and refused to back away from being a cunt, and as a result suffered the enormous punishment of being banned from an internet forum. O, ye gods!
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post