Was Earmuffs banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(11-11-2017 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 11:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  That was not the plan.

OK, libel is acceptable here. Got it. Thumbsup
People make false statements about others all the time on this forum. It is ridiculous to expect forum admins to verify all claims to ascertain if they are libelous. It is draconian to expect admins to ban people for making potentially libelous claims.
In this case it is ridiculous to claim that earmuff's insult on Siz has affected Siz reputation. I doubt there is anyone on this forum who now thinks that Siz rapes children.

What I would expect is that if something is reported and if it appears to be against the forum rules then people ought to get a warning and asked to refrain from continuing with that behaviour or claim. If they keep doing it then they could have restricted privileges or be banned.

This mob lynching that some people are demanding is disgraceful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 02:44 PM
(11-11-2017 02:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, he was just a socially inept, bitter and vindictive little man who found the one place he could strut his stuff and think he was someone important and intimidating.
I actually liked earmuff's behaviour alot more than yours.

You just launch into personal attacks when the other person (me) disagrees with you.
I've not had that experience when interacting with Earmuffs, he uses colourful words, but hey, who cares.
11-11-2017, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 03:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2017 02:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  This mob lynching that some people are demanding is disgraceful.

What lynching? If you make the noose yourself, throw the rope over the rafters, hitch it around your own neck, and ask Moms to please kick the chair out from under you, is it still a lynching or just assisted suicide? Moms is in Oregon, assisted suicide is legal there. I find what she did noble. As I felt when Stark banned Mr. Woof. I'm more concerned with the damage it did to them than MuffinStuffer or Mr.&Mrs. Woof because I actually care about them.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-11-2017, 02:53 PM
(11-11-2017 02:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I actually liked earmuff's behaviour alot more than yours.

Thank you. Coming from the likes of you that's the biggest compliment I can think of.

Let me reiterate because apparently you are rather on the thick side - if you think anything I said until one post ago was a personal attack, you're as deluded as your opinions are vile.

How you like them attacks apples now? Drinking Beverage

Also, while on the subject of English, the correct spelling is A LOT. You're welcome.

(11-11-2017 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What lynching? If you make the noose yourself, throw the rope over the rafters, hitch it around your own neck, and ask Moms to please kick the chair out from under you, is it still a lynching?

Apparently. Because we didn't rend our garments and beat our chests until we fainted with grief and blood loss.

Damn murderers, the lot of us Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
11-11-2017, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 03:16 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I was perfectly content to let this thread just go on without any comment or remark from me.

I made my reasons for banning clear in the ban log.

I was not happy with the outcome; I loved him, he could be funny, wickedly smart and usually made me smile, however thanks to several members who seem to like to argue the wetness of water, I feel I need to jump into the deep end and attempt clarify a few things.

When Earmuffs first made his inflammatory and willfully provocative comment to SYZ, I jumped into that thread with a PUBLIC green message telling him to stop. Earmuffs replied with "fuck you" well, technically his reply was "and you" but the first comment he quoted and replied to was fuck you.

However, let's be very clear on this. Earmuffs comment was completely disproportionate to anything SYZ has ever said to him. Meanwhile, I was considering options and waiting to see what he'd really do next, and I was content to wait a day before deciding. Meanwhile, Earmuffs decided to double down and slightly alter his original comment. I closed that thread once I saw it and immediately placed Earmuffs in the "naughty group".

A few words about the naughty group, which is often referred as a mini ban, it limits peoples ability to thoroughly enjoy the forum. They are prevented from giving/taking away, or updating reputation points, they are also limited in that they can't start new threads, and their daily post count is also drastically curtailed.

It's worth mentioning again, no one on the forum team asked for an apology.

My decision and actions I did take:

I decided that Earmuffs orange color was gone (he was the only person on this forum with a special color, who held no authority -- I could no longer explain or validate why it should remain).

He would remain in the naughty group for an indeterminate amount of time.

If he started arguments or attacked anyone in a similar fashion he would be banned (either temporary or permanently -- I refuse to speculate, as it would depend on the situation and severity).

If he went on a pissy fit and spammed the forum he would receive a temporary ban (and any mod could pull that trigger), and if he made a sock puppet account (like the whole mrs woof) he would be permanently banned.

Let's be real, I think you know me I wouldn't have banned him for calling me or anyone else a cunt. I know he knew that too. I think we should agree that being called a homophobe, and in return calling them a child rapist was completely out of bounds.

He tried to argue with me that his punishment was unfair and his free speech was more important than the forum. I didn't reply to that because I made it clear my decision was final and had already deleted his orange user group from the Admin CP.

The next day he came back and demanded that he just be "perma" banned. He would rather be banned than be common blue and accept any responsibility for his actions or show the forum that he was held to any standard or accountability. I chose to comply with that because quite honestly given his past actions and current inability to understand the severity of his "joke" he became not worth more effort.

Now, I am fairly confident there will be those people who feel my actions were too lenient, and he should have just been banned. All I can say is that to Earmuffs they weren't lenient at all. Just as I'm sure there are some who feel that I should have made him endure his punishment rather than ban him in the end. I don't know if it helps to say that I sleep fine at night. I won't be engaging further in this thread or public discussion, so if anyone has additional concerns you can PM me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 23 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-11-2017, 03:15 PM
(11-11-2017 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't be engaging further in this thread or public discussion, so if anyone has additional concerns you can PM me.

Why not? That was excellent. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2017, 03:29 PM
(11-11-2017 02:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, libel is acceptable here. Got it. Thumbsup
People make false statements about others all the time on this forum. It is ridiculous to expect forum admins to verify all claims to ascertain if they are libelous. It is draconian to expect admins to ban people for making potentially libelous claims.
In this case it is ridiculous to claim that earmuff's insult on Siz has affected Siz reputation. I doubt there is anyone on this forum who now thinks that Siz rapes children.

What I would expect is that if something is reported and if it appears to be against the forum rules then people ought to get a warning and asked to refrain from continuing with that behaviour or claim. If they keep doing it then they could have restricted privileges or be banned.

This mob lynching that some people are demanding is disgraceful.

He refused to accept restricted privileges threw a fit sais he was leaving and asked for it to be made permanent probably because he didn't trust himself to stay away on his own willpower and no one is demanding a lynching his assisted suicide has already happened so how can we be demanding anything, nice try though sport.
11-11-2017, 03:41 PM
(11-11-2017 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't be engaging further in this thread or public discussion, so if anyone has additional concerns you can PM me.

Why not? That was excellent. Thumbsup

I agree Thumbsup
11-11-2017, 03:42 PM
(10-11-2017 05:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 02:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Mate... there's no "benefit of the doubt" about Earmuffs' oft-repeated and personally offensive allegations about other people on these forums. And his so-called "apology" for his grand finale performance was intended solely to inflame the situation even further.
Sure, his apology was not an apology, that's why I thought he was forced into it...

He was not "forced" into giving a so-called apology; he volunteered it solely to provoke further divisiveness.

Quote:But, I didn't see anything in his recent activity which warrants a ban. I don't think the admins should have banned him simply because he asked for it.

This request and response is standard procedure for the majority of forums.

Quote:I find your own position on anti Muslims much more horrible that anything EarMuffs has done on this forum.

Be that as it may, but it's simply a straw man. My public dislike and strong denunciation of Islam has absolutely nothing to do with Earmuff's' behaviour and/or banning. You also create the fallacy of a false equivalence when you compare my adverse position on Islam with Earmuffs' claims—directed specifically at me—of child rape and/or its ideation for sexual gratification.

Quote:...I think this recent episode he should have just been requested to stop making this child rape allegation.

He was requested to do so after his initial claim of child rape. He failed to to stop making the claim, and simply watered down his following claim as a purported "apology". Which of course it wasn't, nor was it intended to be. His subsequent banning resulted from his own ongoing belligerence and failure to accept the moderators' decision.

Quote:Many people went way over the top on this.

No they didn't. That may well be your opinion, but others would disagree. The only member that was "over the top" was Earmuffs himself—which is why he was ultimately banned.

Quote:But, I'm not a moderator and so my opinion is just that.

And which is why you should not be taking it upon yourself to publicly question decisions made by the site's administrator, or its moderators.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
11-11-2017, 06:05 PM
(11-11-2017 02:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, he was just a socially inept, bitter and vindictive little man who found the one place he could strut his stuff and think he was someone important and intimidating.

Vera typed that, with a straight face? Vera, I've rarely seen a post of yours that can't be described with those words. Exchange "man" for "woman," but you swing your cock around as much as anybody.