Lets make it easier for those still having trouble:

Banjo Wrote:Was Earmuffs banned?

Yes.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like OakTree500's post
13-11-2017, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 11:53 AM by Stevil.)
RE: Was Earmuffs banned?
(13-11-2017 11:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm just speechless right now, I really am, I don't know what to think, I mean I'm questioning my own sanity right about now, am I missing something here ? Am I being unreasonable or has my post been twisted out of context ? I honestly don't know.
What?

You were suggesting I was being hypocritical.

My concerns have been about a member being banned.
I have never condoned muffs personal attack on Siz, all I have said prior is that it wasn't worthy of being banned over.
I think your call of me being hypocritical is invalid.

The context of my questioning of the muffs, siz incident has always been in light of a banning. If you are questioning my consistency then it must be compared in context of bans.
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Oh, for crying out loud, people, is this "conversation" still going on? When are you all going to get tired of repeating yourselves? Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Yup, but you cannot minimize another's insult while being offended by quite frankly very minor insults in comparison that's the hypocrisy its a question of degrees, I'm just trying to get you to see a different perspective obviously I'm failing.
13-11-2017, 11:59 AM
(13-11-2017 11:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, for crying out loud, people, is this "conversation" still going on? When are you all going to get tired of repeating yourselves? Facepalm

Yes very tired but I hate to give in Big Grin
13-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Wow. Every time I take a week off or so some shit goes down. Depressing.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-11-2017, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 12:11 PM by adey67.)
(13-11-2017 11:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Bloody hell, 46 odd pages in.

Lets make it easier for those still having trouble:

Banjo Wrote:Was Earmuffs banned?

Yes.

Its gone beyond that now the argument has moved on to others perceptions of the event and wether its valid and in my case its not letting another member be additionally besmirched when they have had enough shit already, everyone needs someone in their corner and I believe in standing up for what I believe is right. Big Grin
13-11-2017, 12:08 PM
(13-11-2017 11:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup, but you cannot minimize another's insult while being offended by quite frankly very minor insults in comparison that's the hypocrisy its a question of degrees, I'm just trying to get you to see a different perspective obviously I'm failing.
I've minimised Muff's attack on Siz in the context that it was a one off emotional outburst and also in the context of a ban. I've never said Muffs attack on Siz was OK.

With regards to Vera and Thump's behaviour, I haven't asked for them to be banned and their attacks are all the time, every single post. My only criticism of them is that I find these ongoing slights and attacks as disuading me from wanting to interact with them. If they have some points they want me to address, well, they ought not be surprised that I ignore addressing the points when they keep them sandwiched in with these unnecessary insults.

If Muffs was insulting me all the time, I'd react the same way.

The only time I got involved in the Muffs/Siz thing was once the ban had been implemented and I wanted to know why the ban happened. Don't try and make my concerns about the ban to be more than that.

I don't see the hypocracy you are claiming.
13-11-2017, 12:18 PM
I never said you said it was ok, I said you minimized it more than once.
I never ever said you asked for other members to be banned, a false equivalent I didn't make.
Your concerns about the ban were and until very recently continued to be that it was unjust.
Besides that, it was actually assisted suicide, not a ban per se.
13-11-2017, 12:21 PM
(13-11-2017 11:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-11-2017 11:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  He is about as obtuse as you are acute.

Surely this must be the most equivocal thing ever posted on TTA. Worthy of award, really Big Grin

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: pDb38_s-200x150.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post