Was I out of line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Was I out of line?
(02-03-2016 09:42 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 07:40 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  I've been thinking of going to a church and after the service just stepping up and inviting anyone who has questions they can't get answers to, or is there out of obligation rather than real desire to be there, to give us a call. A brief statement, friendly and inviting, not contentious or accusatory, on their home turf, the church. Perhaps prefaced by saying it's a return courtesy - they come to our homes, we'll now come to theirs.

If you live anywhere near me, I would strongly advise against this course of action. There may be a few churches where you could away with this, but not many. Even if it was tolerated at the moment, you would likely end up getting an "anonymous visit" from some in the congregation later on. That's assume they don't swarm you to "lay hands on" you and pray the devil away.

No, this is not that kind of church. The worst I face is the few there that don't believe that I am an atheist because I am too nice. It is a Reformed church and they all knew on day one that I was an atheist. The Pastor even did our marriage ceremony, knowing full well I am not a believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post