Was James Holmes Possessed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Was James Holmes Possessed?
"What makes a mild mannered, promising young scientist decide to arm himself to the teeth, walk into a suburban movie theater and start killing innocent people at random?"

Uh, God?

http://www.patheos.com//Catholic/Aurora-...-2012.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
30-07-2012, 07:59 AM
RE: Was James Holmes Possessed?
article made my brain hurt. people like this author need to be trolled severely.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
30-07-2012, 08:34 AM
(30-07-2012 06:47 AM)Jeff Wrote:  "What makes a mild mannered, promising young scientist decide to arm himself to the teeth, walk into a suburban movie theater and start killing innocent people at random?"

Uh, God?

Uh, no. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-07-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 05:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-07-2012 06:47 AM)Jeff Wrote:  "What makes a mild mannered, promising young scientist decide to arm himself to the teeth, walk into a suburban movie theater and start killing innocent people at random?"

Uh, God?

Oh oh. This is hoc's friend from last week. He actually believes in devils.

Edit : So I posted on this site, and he left one, and deleted the dangerous one, where I pointed out where his idea of evil came from. They can't handle the truth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-07-2012, 10:00 AM
What's weird is.... many of the priests I know say there is no demon possession, it's just a mental disorder--and that's why there are many priests (ex-exorcists so to speak) who are psychologists/psychiatrists because they treat the illness.

Doesn't really matter.... there are no demons, no angels, no gods, nor devils. And I think many of the religious would even "laugh" at the idea of demon possession today.
30-07-2012, 10:05 AM
(30-07-2012 10:00 AM)elemts Wrote:  What's weird is.... many of the priests I know say there is no demon possession, it's just a mental disorder--and that's why there are many priests (ex-exorcists so to speak) who are psychologists/psychiatrists because they treat the illness.

Doesn't really matter.... there are no demons, no angels, no gods, nor devils. And I think many of the religious would even "laugh" at the idea of demon possession today.

Ya know, we seriously need to get a study funded. Have a few of us drive around the country. Go to confession, and stop in rectories, (after we brush up on our Judo). Ask a few questions,
a. do you believe in a real Satan.
b. is it evil to get a divorce.
c. do I have to believe in everything,
d. what about gay marriage,
e. can my spouse and I use birth control.

We would get a shocking range of responses. It would be fun to publish it. Benny would have a stroke.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-07-2012, 10:39 AM
(30-07-2012 10:00 AM)elemts Wrote:  What's weird is.... many of the priests I know say there is no demon possession, it's just a mental disorder--and that's why there are many priests (ex-exorcists so to speak) who are psychologists/psychiatrists because they treat the illness.

It depends... lots of fundies still do believe in demons. They wouldn't necessarilty say they believe in exorcism or "The Exorcist" type of demons... but that they still exist and they do their work in the world in more subtle ways. Like the devil does- influencing people, instigating disagreements, weakening faith, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-07-2012, 11:04 AM
99% of "demon possessions" aren't real and are actually some kind of mental disorder.

ib4 100% of possession aren't real.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-07-2012, 11:06 AM
(30-07-2012 11:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  99% of "demon possessions" aren't real and are actually some kind of mental disorder.

No fair, you can't say "in before" in your same post! Not sporting, sir, not sporting.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
30-07-2012, 11:07 AM
(30-07-2012 11:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  99% of "demon possessions" aren't real and are actually some kind of mental disorder.

Not demons, but God caused it in Calvinism. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post