Was James Holmes Possessed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Was James Holmes Possessed?
I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think what happens is that the wishful thinking parts of his brain overroad the reasonable parts of his brain when contemplating the consequences of his actions.

He thought of himself as the Joker and by committing an extreme act that the Joker would do, this would somehow transform him into a supervillian.
There are lots of people out there who do things hoping to be transformed into something MORE than what they are, which is a normal flesh & blood human being.

The desire to stand out, to say "Look at me. Look what I can do." This desperate need for attention, to be on the world stage and be noticed is a very powerful force.
There are firefighters who start fires so they can be the hero that puts that fire out.
Religious preachers delude themselves into thinking they have magic hands that can heal, "just like Jesus did" (supposedly)

Other pressures can cause people to SNAP. And it doesn't have to be anything big. A postal worker gets his 110th paper cut and just so happens to have an Uzi in his dufflebag.
A guy complains about the eggs his wife cooked. "Add more salt next time" he says. Then he is found with a butchers knife in his chest.
I don't think James Holmes snapped, because he put a lot of effort into his plan. Buying all the bullets, the guns, the gear. Prepping the apt to explode. This was all thought out in advance.

It's really hard to imagine why someone would go to such lengths to kill so many random people.
I think many of us could understand why someone might want to walk into Congress and mow them down. Hell he might even get a presidential pardon, but his act wasn't directed at any group perse'. It was all keyed about the idea of him becoming or being the Joker. Killing the fans of Batman may have seemed fitting to him. Perhaps in some sick way he was also trying to create a Batman from someone in the crowd who lost their parents by a gunman at a theater.

Who the fuck knows.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
30-07-2012, 11:15 AM
ugh...

Pontiffs will pontificate I guess. What a windbag.
30-07-2012, 12:26 PM
(30-07-2012 11:08 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  A postal worker gets his 110th paper cut and just so happens to have an Uzi in his dufflebag.

I hate it when this happens
30-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Look for my online handle, "Thinker" on there. Big Grin

Quote:The uneducated speculations are amusing. I suggest you look up basic psychological terms like "hysteria" and "manic depression" before you resort to extreme assumptions.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2012, 01:49 PM
(30-07-2012 11:06 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 11:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  99% of "demon possessions" aren't real and are actually some kind of mental disorder.

ib4 100% of possession aren't real.

No fair, you can't say "in before" in your same post! Not sporting, sir, not sporting.

I just know y'all all too well.

Wink

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-07-2012, 01:50 PM
(30-07-2012 11:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 11:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  99% of "demon possessions" aren't real and are actually some kind of mental disorder.

ib4 100% of possession aren't real.

Not demons, but God caused it in Calvinism. Laughat

[Image: 62ba5_ORIG-touche.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-07-2012, 05:55 PM
(30-07-2012 11:08 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  A guy complains about the eggs his wife cooked. "Add more salt next time" he says. Then he is found with a butchers knife in his chest.
Oh please, we don't do it like that. Potassium cyanide.
Amateur. Dodgy

(30-07-2012 11:08 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Who the fuck knows.
There, now you're talkin' sense. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-07-2012, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 08:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
Motherfucker sure as shit is possessed, and it would behoove us to spend a shitload of our money and time on psychiatrists and neuroscientists trying to characterize and quantify his possession instead of looking to just send him on his way into the darkness. It ain't fucking demonic, it's fucking neurochemical possibly induced by social circumstance and we should try to quantify it to the degree possible for future reference. ... It's only prudent.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Or he's just really smart, wanted to kill people, and is using his knowledge to appear like someone crazy so he could potentially get away with it (or with a really light sentence in comparison).
30-07-2012, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 09:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-07-2012 08:15 PM)elemts Wrote:  Or he's just really smart, wanted to kill people, and is using his knowledge to appear like someone crazy so he could potentially get away with it (or with a really light sentence in comparison).

He's much smarter than that. If it was me I'd be looking for the death penalty out of selfishness. But there's a part of me which says even though I can't make up for what I've done, at least I can live in that hell for the rest of my fucking natural life as penance as a goddam lab rat for others to try and figure out what the fuck went wrong in my brain. ... Least I could do, and living with it is gonna be Hell.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post