Was Jesus a Mason, an Illuminati?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Was Jesus a Mason, an Illuminati?
I have read that the description of Jesus as a carpenter is actually incorrect, that he was actually a Tekton which interprets as stone mason. If one assumes that Jewish history is at least partly correct and that these people built the Temple of Jerusalem it seems more likely that the rulers of this people were more into stone masonry than capentry.

Jesus is said to be from a former ruling dynasty of the Jews so that would make him one of the crew that built the Temple.

Also, there is a passage in the NT, I'll look it up, in which Jesus is asked why he speaks in parables and he says it is because most people are kinda dumb and that only he and the disciples have access to the truth.

There's a view of historical analysis that the way things are now is pretty much the way they have always been subject to slow modification and incremental change. I think this applies to these ideas as well. There were rational "atheists", secularists in Roman and Greek times. Being an "atheist" in Greek and Roman times meant you didn't believe in their gods so in that sense "Christians" were atheists because they posited a god which was nothing more than the "word" and not Zeus or the Old Testament god. Or even Horus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: Was Jesus a Mason, an Illuminati?
Quote:Was Jesus a Mason, an Illuminati?

Laugh out load

(21-10-2016 10:22 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have read that the description of Jesus as a carpenter is actually incorrect, that he was actually a Tekton which interprets as stone mason. If one assumes that Jewish history is at least partly correct and that these people built the Temple of Jerusalem it seems more likely that the rulers of this people were more into stone masonry than capentry.

Meaningless dot connecting. Rulers were into ruling, and EMPLOYED workers, ya dumbass.

Quote:Jesus is said to be from a former ruling dynasty of the Jews so that would make him one of the crew that built the Temple.

Facepalm
That sequence is a formal logical fallacy. I bet you can't name it.

Quote:There's a view of historical analysis that the way things are now is pretty much the way they have always been subject to slow modification and incremental change. I think this applies to these ideas as well. There were rational "atheists", secularists in Roman and Greek times. Being an "atheist" in Greek and Roman times meant you didn't believe in their gods so in that sense "Christians" were atheists because they posited a god which was nothing more than the "word" and not Zeus or the Old Testament god. Or even Horus.

The "word" was a Greek Gnostic idea, that was introduced in the Gospel of John.

Be sure the nurse knows where you are. Almost time for your pills.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-10-2016, 10:51 PM
(21-10-2016 10:22 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have read that the description of Jesus as a carpenter is actually incorrect, that he was actually a Tekton which interprets as stone mason. If one assumes that Jewish history is at least partly correct and that these people built the Temple of Jerusalem it seems more likely that the rulers of this people were more into stone masonry than capentry.

Jesus is said to be from a former ruling dynasty of the Jews so that would make him one of the crew that built the Temple.

Also, there is a passage in the NT, I'll look it up, in which Jesus is asked why he speaks in parables and he says it is because most people are kinda dumb and that only he and the disciples have access to the truth.

There's a view of historical analysis that the way things are now is pretty much the way they have always been subject to slow modification and incremental change. I think this applies to these ideas as well. There were rational "atheists", secularists in Roman and Greek times. Being an "atheist" in Greek and Roman times meant you didn't believe in their gods so in that sense "Christians" were atheists because they posited a god which was nothing more than the "word" and not Zeus or the Old Testament god. Or even Horus.

The Illuminati are a myth and Freemasonry is a product of the Middle Ages. Facepalm

You come up with the most idiotic shit. Popcorn

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Yes. He also brought down the WTC with controlled demolitions and steals your socks from the drier.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 8 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-10-2016, 03:44 AM
(21-10-2016 10:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Quote:Was Jesus a Mason, an Illuminati?

Laugh out load

Meaningless dot connecting. Rulers were into ruling, and EMPLOYED workers, ya dumbass.

Quote:Jesus is said to be from a former ruling dynasty of the Jews so that would make him one of the crew that built the Temple.

Facepalm
That sequence is a formal logical fallacy. I bet you can't name it.

Quote:There's a view of historical analysis that the way things are now is pretty much the way they have always been subject to slow modification and incremental change. I think this applies to these ideas as well. There were rational "atheists", secularists in Roman and Greek times. Being an "atheist" in Greek and Roman times meant you didn't believe in their gods so in that sense "Christians" were atheists because they posited a god which was nothing more than the "word" and not Zeus or the Old Testament god. Or even Horus.

The "word" was a Greek Gnostic idea, that was introduced in the Gospel of John.

Be sure the nurse knows where you are. Almost time for your pills.

AHA, Johnny no humour has arrived.

The logical fallacy? Would that be the fallacy of composition, perhaps. Except that I do know what that is, having studied it in first year university in 1975. It means that simply because you can talk about a group of people with apparent meaning, it doesn't mean that all of them share the same qualities. In other words, because the "Jews built the Temple" it does not follow that "Jesus was a temple builder".

But, Bucky, I only put this in because I thought it was amusing, not because I wanted to enter a debate with an anal retentive.

And Chas, yes, it is silly. It was meant to be. I point this out because I may post silly shit but you are one.
22-10-2016, 03:51 AM
Anyway, it's quite clear that he felt he was "illuminated" as were his disciples.

Why speak in parables?

Mark:
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. (a bit like Bucky here, and Chas)
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]
16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
22-10-2016, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 04:04 AM by Deltabravo.)
Jesus the Stonemason
As a tekton, what was Jesus' vocation? In most translations of Mk. 6.3; (cf. Mt. 13.55; Gos. Jas. 9.3; Justin, Dial. Tryph. 88) it is usually assumed that he was a carpenter. However, the word has a fairly broad meaning and it can denote a general "craftsman" a "builder" or most often I find a "stonemason". Unfortunately due to a history of translation, not to mention the near canonical status of Josh McDowell's book More than a Carpenter in evangelical cirlces - the notion that Jesus was a carpenter is a translation rarely challenged. I touched on this topic a bit in parts of my doctoral thesis that did not get included in the final revision. I thought it more likely that Jesus was stonemason given the meaning of the word tekton in some strands of Greek literature and he and Joseph probably assisted in the rebuilding of Sepphoris a few miles away from Nazareth after its destruction by Varus' troops (Jos. War 3.31-32; Life 347-48). This has been successfully argued in a recent article: Ken M. Campbell, "What was Jesus' Occupation?" JETS 48.3 (2005): 501-20. This is probably the best review of the evidence I've seen to date. See also Richard A. Batey, "Is not this the Carpenter?" NTS 30 (1984): 249-58 and John P. Meier, A Marginal Jew, 1.278-85.http://euangelizomai.blogspot.com.cy/2005/12/jesus-stonemason.html

I am not saying he worked as either a stone mason or a carpenter. It's quite clear in the NT that he shows up from somewhere and begins a life as a Rabbi and political activist. I don't know if you've noticed but the New Testament is not set in a carpenter's workshop. What am saying is that he as part of a royal lineage, as a persona, would have been part of a society which had built stone buildings such as temples and castles.

Have you read the New Testament, Bucky? What are your issues with deconverting from Christianity? Was it difficult for you?
22-10-2016, 04:12 AM
(22-10-2016 04:01 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Jesus the Stonemason
As a tekton, what was Jesus' vocation? In most translations of Mk. 6.3; (cf. Mt. 13.55; Gos. Jas. 9.3; Justin, Dial. Tryph. 88) it is usually assumed that he was a carpenter. However, the word has a fairly broad meaning and it can denote a general "craftsman" a "builder" or most often I find a "stonemason". Unfortunately due to a history of translation, not to mention the near canonical status of Josh McDowell's book More than a Carpenter in evangelical cirlces - the notion that Jesus was a carpenter is a translation rarely challenged. I touched on this topic a bit in parts of my doctoral thesis that did not get included in the final revision. I thought it more likely that Jesus was stonemason given the meaning of the word tekton in some strands of Greek literature and he and Joseph probably assisted in the rebuilding of Sepphoris a few miles away from Nazareth after its destruction by Varus' troops (Jos. War 3.31-32; Life 347-48). This has been successfully argued in a recent article: Ken M. Campbell, "What was Jesus' Occupation?" JETS 48.3 (2005): 501-20. This is probably the best review of the evidence I've seen to date. See also Richard A. Batey, "Is not this the Carpenter?" NTS 30 (1984): 249-58 and John P. Meier, A Marginal Jew, 1.278-85.http://euangelizomai.blogspot.com.cy/2005/12/jesus-stonemason.html

I am not saying he worked as either a stone mason or a carpenter. It's quite clear in the NT that he shows up from somewhere and begins a life as a Rabbi and political activist. I don't know if you've noticed but the New Testament is not set in a carpenter's workshop. What am saying is that he as part of a royal lineage, as a persona, would have been part of a society which had built stone buildings such as temples and castles.

Have you read the New Testament, Bucky? What are your issues with deconverting from Christianity? Was it difficult for you?

You're a dickhead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-10-2016, 04:15 AM
(21-10-2016 10:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The Illuminati are a myth and Freemasonry is a product of the Middle Ages. Facepalm

BTW, my post uses the word "mason". Masons are skilled craftsmen. My great grandfather was a mason because he made stone monuments. He wasn't a member of the Freemasons. You conflate the two.
22-10-2016, 04:17 AM
(22-10-2016 04:15 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 10:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Illuminati are a myth and Freemasonry is a product of the Middle Ages. Facepalm

BTW, my post uses the word "mason". Masons are skilled craftsmen. My great grandfather was a mason because he made stone monuments. He wasn't a member of the Freemasons. You conflate the two.

Dickhead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post