Was Jesus really a good moral teacher? (video)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Was Jesus really a good moral teacher? (video)
I've noticed many atheists will say things like "Jesus might not have been the son of god, but he was a good moral teacher."
If you agree with this sentiment, this short film may make you think twice. Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like bwilson's post
02-05-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Was Jesus really a good moral teacher? (video)
(01-05-2012 10:40 PM)bwilson Wrote:  I've noticed many atheists will say things like "Jesus might not have been the son of god, but he was a good moral teacher."
If you agree with this sentiment, this short film may make you think twice. Smile

Great video...thanks for sharing it.

He doesn't mention a lot of other evil things Jesus said.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
05-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I know, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Atheists need to stop the "Jesus was a cool guy" stuff. He really wasn't. He was a first century David Koresh with delusions of grandeur.
05-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Take no thought of the morrow, wanting to slay those that didn't believe in his ramblings, wanting to split up families...sounds just like Koresh, Jeff's, Jones, Applegate and countless others. A joy to have a beer with I am sure.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-05-2012, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 11:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-05-2012 10:40 PM)bwilson Wrote:  I've noticed many atheists will say things like "Jesus might not have been the son of god, but he was a good moral teacher."

Interesting. Except the first 15 seconds contain two factual errors. Yushua bar Josef did NOT "proclaim himself to be a 'son of god', or 'god incarnte' ". Those were claims which were made ABOUT him, later. There is no scholarly disagreement about that, and the devolpment process of those claims is known. There were many "son's of god", and if HE had claimed to be "god incarnate", he would have been stoned, (per the law), on the spot. It's a perfect example, (of which there will be countless others, in Mark Fulton's upcoming book, "How To Get Over Christianity, By Understanding It"), in which specific historical knowledge of the historical development processes, debunk the ultimate concluded positions, (known today as "Othodoxy"). The fact is, there was NO "Othodoxy", and the "Incarnation", is a perfect example.

In the early Christian era, there was considerable disagreement amongst Christians regarding the nature of Christ's "incarnation", and in fact, an examination of the present 4 canonical gospels, reveals the wide differences among those notions, and wide disagreements. Most believed that Yeshua/Jesus was "a", (not "the") Son of God (Artermi, Eirini, The religious policy of the Byzantine emperors from 1st to 4th ecumenical council), (apology if ya don't know Greek), the exact nature of his "sonship" was contested, together with the precise relationship of the "Father," "Son" and "Holy Spirit" referred to in the New Testament. Though Jesus was clearly a "Son," what exactly did this mean? Debate on this subject raged over the first four centuries of Christianity, involving Jewish Christians, Gnostics, followers of the Presbyter Arius of Alexandria, and adherents of St. Athanasius the Great, among others. Honesty is the best policy. Over-simplification does not serve us.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
He was a madman. The guy went around brainwashing people into believing in a hating so called "god". In no way was he helping people.

"Take your Vulcan cynicism and bury it with your repressed emotions" - Captain Archer (Enterprise Captain)

"Religion and science have a common ancestor - ignorance" - A.C. Grayling
[+] 1 user Likes Eru's post
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 01:35 PM by ahoy.)
(05-05-2012 11:05 AM)excerpt from the video Wrote:  
“Forgiveness is a necessity for feelings of guilt to go away”
“Forgiveness can only be granted by those wronged”

Copy paste below is from another forum site, I found it interesting what forgiveness is all about.
Hope it will help people who are still holding grudges : )

"I think most people might not understand what forgiveness is. Forgiveness isn't something you do for someone else, it's something you do for yourself. Forgiving someone something doesn't mean THEY deserve it, but that YOU DO. Forgiving means not allowing what someone did to you to destroy you or your values and principles.

Holding grudges and being unforgiving eats at us. A person who wronged us could pass away, and we would still experience the pain of what they did through our unforgiveness. Unforgiveness is really about dwelling on the wrong, ruminating on it, letting it become part of our every day, letting it affect how we think or what we believe, letting it drag us down or become bitter, resentful and angry.

It's like punishing ourselves for something someone else did. When you forgive them, you choose to not let that wrong keep hurting you over and over. You already know you're never going to turn back time or change the person or how they think or behave. What you can control is how you choose to think or act on what happened to you.

Whether the person changes for the better doesn't matter"
05-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Ahoy,

That is an interesting perspective you hold on forgiveness. It is not one I am in full agreement with, but cannot say I am in full argument with either.

Forgiveness does impact both persons, the person doing the forgiving and the person being forgiven.

I cannot begin to count the times guilt over something I had done, said, or thought of another person ate me alive until I managed to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong. It can be a learning as well as growing experience for an individual on either end.

There is no argument I could have with you when it comes to the effects and negative impact not forgiving someone can do. It is something...I still struggle with at times with people who have deeply wounded me and something that is presently worked on as I know that we are all human and all make mistakes.

Really must commend you on your wonderful insight here. Needed a reminder today of just how much anger and resentment can ruin a person if it is allowed to fester as a result of not forgiving someone. Recent family issues have had me pretty angry.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
05-05-2012, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 03:04 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ
Brilliant!

Benedict XVI, the cardinals, the bishops, the ayatollahs, the mullahs, and the rabbis – being the capos of religion – should be convicted in a court of law to learn this text by rote and recite it to each other over and over again, until hell freezes over.
On the island of Tristan da Cunha (which roughly translates as Cunts' Island...).

[Image: map_tristan_da_cunha_e.gif]

[Image: tristan_da_cunha.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Scarlet Pimpernel's post
05-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Whoa - brain-fart of epic proportion; I think I've been mistaking these islands for the Seychelles. Ohmy Laughat

Smartass an' I done gradiated from a colege, 2. Blink

Well - always said I wanted to go there before I die so... Cunts Island it is. Thumbsup

Or Cuntsville, or Cuntworld... Cunts-R-Us... whatever. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein