Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2016, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2016 10:12 AM by DLJ.)
Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad
I read somewhere that Jesus family was asked to come get him because he was suspected to be mentally I'll. I've tried to find more on this but with no luck. So anyone know anything about this? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
If you start the rumor, they will believe it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
11-02-2016, 07:07 AM
We can probably make a religion of it......

I smell money...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Probably pertaining to Luke 4: 16-30 where Jesus declares in a synagogue in Nazareth that he's the fulfillment of a prophecy in Isaiah and they proceed to take him to a cliff and throw him off.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
I read it was in mark. 3:21

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
11-02-2016, 09:21 AM
(11-02-2016 08:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I read it was in mark. 3:21

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Yeah, it says his friends believed he was beside himself and his family comes to get him later in that chapter. But nothing happens after that, he just continues preaching.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-02-2016, 10:46 AM
(11-02-2016 09:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 08:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I read it was in mark. 3:21

Yeah, it says his friends believed he was beside himself and his family comes to get him later in that chapter. But nothing happens after that, he just continues preaching.
Wouldn't this be a family who thinks this family member just might be mentally I'll?
11-02-2016, 10:53 AM
(11-02-2016 10:46 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 09:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yeah, it says his friends believed he was beside himself and his family comes to get him later in that chapter. But nothing happens after that, he just continues preaching.
Wouldn't this be a family who thinks this family member just might be mentally I'll?

The bible does what it usually does, it leaves a huge question in the air, says nothing more about it and leaves it up to future apologists to come up with their BS theories and guesses.

11-02-2016, 01:26 PM
3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2016, 01:37 PM
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

And the fact that it is in there indicates that something isn't quite right.