Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
27-02-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(26-02-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 08:17 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How would you know that? At what point could you know which was which side though?
They really have opposing nature's and outcomes. It is observable.

All that stuff about selflessness is for a reason, or a few I guess. One can discern it easily if they have observed or experienced both to a high degree I guess. I really think consciously applying a selfless conscience to all scenarios helps too. Though I can see how it would be difficult for some.

That doesn't deflect anything of how you know these things. You're just assuming 1 side is the side you think it is. How do you know which "opposing nature" is the one that can reward you? And which is attempting to "trick" you?

You're just responding as if you know that stuff about selflessness isn't a lie and a trick that is actually out to punish others, why is that?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-02-2016, 08:29 PM
I've lied to and tricked myself many times in the past.

It has nothing to do with personal want or reward. Those are of the opposing direction. To me altruism can't be seen in a negative way.

If the nature of a thing and or it's outcome is only positive, then how, or rather, why would a negative thing swayed you to it? If a thing is dceptive by nature then it isn't also the opposite. Deception is observable on many levels, with varied degrees of difficulty, and though deception can be confused for what is right, if viewed honestly without bias or want of self attainment of any sort then it can be brought to light. Though rightiousness can be twisted and contorted by greed and want, it in itself is very direct and not manipulated or manipulating.

Why would a negative thing that is tricking you bring you to conclusions that are equally good for all existence? In what way would it benefit from it? There are manipulative forces at work, but by their very nature they can't always be mistaken for truth.

I feel like I'm rambling or getting off topic somehow.

The easiest way I can advise one to contemplate such is to observe to outcomes or potential outcomes of things. All negative things cause negativity in some form. Conversely good things cause good.

Generally the positive or good is very easy to spot and comprehend, and the negative can be quite hidden, obscure, or difficult to grasp through confusion of some sort. Really greed is the most obvious indicator or the easiest to observe, in others and self.

Ok really ranting now, I'm done.
28-02-2016, 07:02 AM
(26-02-2016 07:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 06:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But then why would some people who have witnessed evil internally, who have also witnessed GOD on some level find after inspection, that the teachings of the bible align with righteousness and not deception?

Because people are masters of self-deception and confirmation bias. They, like you, read only the parts they like.
How can you read what you like if you haven't read it yet?
28-02-2016, 07:03 AM
(26-02-2016 07:48 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 06:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But then why would some people who have witnessed evil internally, who have also witnessed GOD on some level find after inspection, that the teachings of the bible align with righteousness and not deception?

Find us someone who has witnessed God, OK?
I have.
28-02-2016, 07:16 AM
(27-02-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I feel like I'm rambling or getting off topic somehow.

What else is new? Your posts are rarely coherent and it really appears that you have some serious issues. You need help Pops. Get some.

(28-02-2016 07:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 07:48 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Find us someone who has witnessed God, OK?
I have.

Prove it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-02-2016, 07:38 AM
(28-02-2016 07:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I feel like I'm rambling or getting off topic somehow.

What else is new? Your posts are rarely coherent and it really appears that you have some serious issues. You need help Pops. Get some.

(28-02-2016 07:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have.

Prove it.
Prove man and chimp came from the same ancestor. Oh and the only acceptable proof of such must be an observable specimen of such an ancestor.

Kind of silly huh?

Peace
28-02-2016, 08:13 AM
(28-02-2016 07:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Prove man and chimp came from the same ancestor. Oh and the only acceptable proof of such must be an observable specimen of such an ancestor.

Kind of silly huh?

No, it is not silly except for your implying we need a living specimen since nobody has claimed that they still exist. We have fossil evidence and DNA evidence that put the theory of evolution on solid footing. Start here for links and references that begin to explain what we know and how we know it. The evidence is there and can be seen, tested, and evaluated.

You, on the other hand, have nothing beyond your own irrational claims. I do not reject your claim that you had an experience; I reject your claim that it involved a god or anything supernatural and you have yet to provide a shred of evidence for your interpretation. You are a sad, deluded fool and you need help from a qualified therapist.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-02-2016, 09:04 AM
(28-02-2016 08:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Prove man and chimp came from the same ancestor. Oh and the only acceptable proof of such must be an observable specimen of such an ancestor.

Kind of silly huh?

No, it is not silly except for your implying we need a living specimen since nobody has claimed that they still exist. We have fossil evidence and DNA evidence that put the theory of evolution on solid footing. Start here for links and references that begin to explain what we know and how we know it. The evidence is there and can be seen, tested, and evaluated.

You, on the other hand, have nothing beyond your own irrational claims. I do not reject your claim that you had an experience; I reject your claim that it involved a god or anything supernatural and you have yet to provide a shred of evidence for your interpretation. You are a sad, deluded fool and you need help from a qualified therapist.
I was just making a comparison. Nearly all atheist will attest that one must prove God in the material world for it to be a worthy thought or theory, yet the same discernment isn't used in the theories they hold so dear without observable evidence.

Pretty sure we have talked about how pretty much nothing in science is set in stone, but for a belief in a higher power they expect indisputable proof.

That's called a double standard.
28-02-2016, 09:38 AM
(27-02-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I've lied to and tricked myself many times in the past.

It has nothing to do with personal want or reward. Those are of the opposing direction. To me altruism can't be seen in a negative way.

If the nature of a thing and or it's outcome is only positive, then how, or rather, why would a negative thing swayed you to it? If a thing is dceptive by nature then it isn't also the opposite. Deception is observable on many levels, with varied degrees of difficulty, and though deception can be confused for what is right, if viewed honestly without bias or want of self attainment of any sort then it can be brought to light. Though rightiousness can be twisted and contorted by greed and want, it in itself is very direct and not manipulated or manipulating.

Why would a negative thing that is tricking you bring you to conclusions that are equally good for all existence? In what way would it benefit from it? There are manipulative forces at work, but by their very nature they can't always be mistaken for truth.

I feel like I'm rambling or getting off topic somehow.

The easiest way I can advise one to contemplate such is to observe to outcomes or potential outcomes of things. All negative things cause negativity in some form. Conversely good things cause good.

Generally the positive or good is very easy to spot and comprehend, and the negative can be quite hidden, obscure, or difficult to grasp through confusion of some sort. Really greed is the most obvious indicator or the easiest to observe, in others and self.

Ok really ranting now, I'm done.
You don't show anywhere a conclusion of why you think altruism can't be negative

Or why negative couldnt be what God wants and it's a deciption of evil that wants unity/goodness in "thus world" you habitate.

All your base is saying is its easy to grasp... that makes it just potentially as easy to be false

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-02-2016, 11:25 AM
(28-02-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was just making a comparison.

I know. It failed miserably like all of your "arguments".

Quote:Nearly all atheist will attest that one must prove God in the material world for it to be a worthy thought or theory, yet the same discernment isn't used in the theories they hold so dear without observable evidence.

We DO have observable evidence for evolution though. We have fossils. We have DNA. We have geology. We have biology. We have demonstrable examples of speciation. These things can be examined and tested and they have been, repeatedly. The theory of evolution is solidly grounded in physical evidence that anybody can examine for themselves.

Quote:Pretty sure we have talked about how pretty much nothing in science is set in stone, but for a belief in a higher power they expect indisputable proof.

Science does not claim absolute knowledge because new evidence can require earlier conclusions to be revised. That's an intellectually honest position but it does not mean that we don't know many things to a very high degree of certainty. I know you don't understand that but it doesn't make it a dishonest claim like you continually try to imply.

Science doesn't ask for indisputable proof for anything, including god. It asks for demonstrable, testable evidence that supports a conclusion. To date there has been nothing substantial offered by theists. All we get is hand-waving and "feels".

Quote:That's called a double standard.

Only by fools who do not understand what they are talking about.

You need help Pops. Get some.