Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
28-02-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(28-02-2016 11:25 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was just making a comparison.

I know. It failed miserably like all of your "arguments".

Quote:Nearly all atheist will attest that one must prove God in the material world for it to be a worthy thought or theory, yet the same discernment isn't used in the theories they hold so dear without observable evidence.

We DO have observable evidence for evolution though. We have fossils. We have DNA. We have geology. We have biology. We have demonstrable examples of speciation. These things can be examined and tested and they have been, repeatedly. The theory of evolution is solidly grounded in physical evidence that anybody can examine for themselves.

Quote:Pretty sure we have talked about how pretty much nothing in science is set in stone, but for a belief in a higher power they expect indisputable proof.

Science does not claim absolute knowledge because new evidence can require earlier conclusions to be revised. That's an intellectually honest position but it does not mean that we don't know many things to a very high degree of certainty. I know you don't understand that but it doesn't make it a dishonest claim like you continually try to imply.

Science doesn't ask for indisputable proof for anything, including god. It asks for demonstrable, testable evidence that supports a conclusion. To date there has been nothing substantial offered by theists. All we get is hand-waving and "feels".

Quote:That's called a double standard.

Only by fools who do not understand what they are talking about.

You need help Pops. Get some.
What? So you have proof that chimps and man came from the same ancestor? Cool, can I see it?

Never said science is absolute. Just that most atheist demand proof for God yet have don't use irrefutable proof for their own beliefs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Quote:So you have proof that chimps and man came from the same ancestor? Cool, can I see it?

No fucking problem
32:25-36:00
You may want to watch the rest but be warned: Education may severly threaten your ignorance!

Got anything more precise than "base number one-hundred-fourteen-million-and...." in your little bronze age book?

Quote:Just that most atheist demand proof for God yet have don't use irrefutable proof for their own beliefs

Proof is for alcoholics and guys like you. Scientists prefer evidence, data, hypotheses and falsifiable theories.
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
28-02-2016, 12:30 PM
(28-02-2016 12:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? So you have proof that chimps and man came from the same ancestor? Cool, can I see it?

Read a biology textbook.

(28-02-2016 12:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said science is absolute. Just that most atheist demand proof for God yet have don't use irrefutable proof for their own beliefs.

The evidence for evolution is irrefutable.

Any argument to the contrary is just playing games with goalposts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-02-2016, 12:48 PM
(28-02-2016 12:30 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 12:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? So you have proof that chimps and man came from the same ancestor? Cool, can I see it?

Read a biology textbook.

(28-02-2016 12:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said science is absolute. Just that most atheist demand proof for God yet have don't use irrefutable proof for their own beliefs.

The evidence for evolution is irrefutable.

Any argument to the contrary is just playing games with goalposts.
How fucking dense can one be? I AM NOT REFUTING EVOLUTION!
28-02-2016, 01:48 PM
(28-02-2016 12:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 11:25 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I know. It failed miserably like all of your "arguments".

We DO have observable evidence for evolution though. We have fossils. We have DNA. We have geology. We have biology. We have demonstrable examples of speciation. These things can be examined and tested and they have been, repeatedly. The theory of evolution is solidly grounded in physical evidence that anybody can examine for themselves.

Science does not claim absolute knowledge because new evidence can require earlier conclusions to be revised. That's an intellectually honest position but it does not mean that we don't know many things to a very high degree of certainty. I know you don't understand that but it doesn't make it a dishonest claim like you continually try to imply.

Science doesn't ask for indisputable proof for anything, including god. It asks for demonstrable, testable evidence that supports a conclusion. To date there has been nothing substantial offered by theists. All we get is hand-waving and "feels".

Only by fools who do not understand what they are talking about.

You need help Pops. Get some.
What? So you have proof that chimps and man came from the same ancestor? Cool, can I see it?

Wow, you are not only batshit insane but you are willfully ignorant. The former may not be your fault. The latter is. The link I provided already would start you on the journey of seeing the evidence that exists for evolution and why it is reasonable to believe that humans and chimps have a common ancestor.

Please identify the same level of evidence for the existence of your god.

Quote:Never said science is absolute. Just that most atheist demand proof for God yet have don't use irrefutable proof for their own beliefs.

Please stop with this "irrefutable proof" garbage. It only shows how little you understand how science works and makes you look like a complete idiot. Science doesn't deal with absolute knowledge or irrefutable proof. It thrives on refutable evidence which we have for evolution but we do NOT have for any god claims.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-02-2016, 03:02 PM
(28-02-2016 12:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How fucking dense can one be? I AM NOT REFUTING EVOLUTION!

No. You're just playing games with goalposts, as I said.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-02-2016, 03:13 PM
(28-02-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  No, it is not silly except for your implying we need a living specimen since nobody has claimed that they still exist. We have fossil evidence and DNA evidence that put the theory of evolution on solid footing. Start here for links and references that begin to explain what we know and how we know it. The evidence is there and can be seen, tested, and evaluated.

You, on the other hand, have nothing beyond your own irrational claims. I do not reject your claim that you had an experience; I reject your claim that it involved a god or anything supernatural and you have yet to provide a shred of evidence for your interpretation. You are a sad, deluded fool and you need help from a qualified therapist.
I was just making a comparison. Nearly all atheist will attest that one must prove God in the material world for it to be a worthy thought or theory, yet the same discernment isn't used in the theories they hold so dear without observable evidence.

Pretty sure we have talked about how pretty much nothing in science is set in stone, but for a belief in a higher power they expect indisputable proof.

That's called a double standard.

There is a mountain of observable evidence for evolution and none at all for the existence of any gods.

That's called the real world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2016, 04:16 PM
(28-02-2016 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was just making a comparison. Nearly all atheist will attest that one must prove God in the material world for it to be a worthy thought or theory, yet the same discernment isn't used in the theories they hold so dear without observable evidence.

Pretty sure we have talked about how pretty much nothing in science is set in stone, but for a belief in a higher power they expect indisputable proof.

That's called a double standard.

There is a mountain of observable evidence for evolution and none at all for the existence of any gods.

Sure buddy
28-02-2016, 04:35 PM
(28-02-2016 04:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is a mountain of observable evidence for evolution and none at all for the existence of any gods.

Sure buddy

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-02-2016, 04:46 PM
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

[Image: tom-cruise-crazy-e1343233382552.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.