Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

And the fact that it is in there indicates that something isn't quite right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
11-02-2016, 01:38 PM
@The Q Continuum

Sorry if it feels like I am tracking your mouvement on this forum, but those verse (at least in the translation I found) clearly mentionned that some people were very concerned about Jesus's sanity, a teacher of the Law from Jerusalem even calls him possessed. To which Jesus replies that its impossible since Satan wouldn't work against himself (he was chasing demons at that point), because it would weaken him (showing that Jesus would have been a very poor military strategist since its in direct contradiction with one of Sun Tsu favored stratagem). He then mention that he/God can forgive anything exept being insulted. People try to reach to him by mentionning his family is their, but he reject their help by mentionning that his only family are those who follow him.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
11-02-2016, 01:38 PM
You can make fictional characters do what ever you want them to do.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-02-2016, 01:39 PM

#sigh
11-02-2016, 01:42 PM
(11-02-2016 01:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @The Q Continuum

Sorry if it feels like I am tracking your mouvement on this forum, but those verse (at least in the translation I found) clearly mentionned that some people were very concerned about Jesus's sanity, a teacher of the Law from Jerusalem even calls him possessed. To which Jesus replies that its impossible since Satan wouldn't work against himself (he was chasing demons at that point), because it would weaken him (showing that Jesus would have been a very poor military strategist since its in direct contradiction with one of Sun Tsu favored stratagem). He then mention that he/God can forgive anything exept being insulted. People try to reach to him by mentionning his family is their, but he reject their help by mentionning that his only family are those who follow him.

Sounds a lot like a guy I know who has schizophrenia. (Wink)
11-02-2016, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 01:55 PM by epronovost.)
(11-02-2016 01:42 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @The Q Continuum

Sounds a lot like a guy I know who has schizophrenia. (Wink)

No it doesn't sound like a guy with schizophrenia, but it is a behavior common in sect leaders. There is some element of delusion of grandeur in there of course. Then again, even in this time and society a man who claim to talk in the name of God or even to be the son of God is mostly going to be considered crazy because normal people don't do that.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
11-02-2016, 01:50 PM
(11-02-2016 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 10:46 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Wouldn't this be a family who thinks this family member just might be mentally I'll?

The bible does what it usually does, it leaves a huge question in the air, says nothing more about it and leaves it up to future apologists to come up with their BS theories and guesses.

And then Q clown shows up. Nailed it!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-02-2016, 02:31 PM
(11-02-2016 01:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:42 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Sounds a lot like a guy I know who has schizophrenia. (Wink)

No it doesn't sound like a guy with schizophrenia, but it is a behavior common in sect leaders. There is some element of delusion of grandeur in there of course. Then again, even in this time and society a man who claim to talk in the name of God or even to be the son of God is mostly going to be considered crazy because normal people don't do that.

Um yes it does. I been around schizophrenia people and this is their behavior! And you said it yourself there is some delusion and normal people don't claim the things that Jesus did. That says it all, NORMAL people don't act like that. Check
11-02-2016, 03:25 PM

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post