Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
31-03-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(31-03-2016 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm going to say, taken together, that atheists are living in denial.

Hey Q, nice to meet you again, my friend.

Talking about denial.

Are you still denying that eternal damnation is infinite?
Are you still denying that the bible endorses slavery?

I will leave out the lying piece of shit part this time, since we are pretty much used to that part of your character by now. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2016, 11:30 AM
(31-03-2016 10:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:05 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah...unfortunately my experience was one of a personal nature that no one else really witnessed. It's way off topic anyway. Not to mention my experience isn't proof for any one else and never will be.

Can you please explain what this experience was in broad, non-personal terms? And why is it that nobody else witnessed it? You've claimed—several times here—to have witnessed evidence supporting your god's existence, so it seems strange that you can't produce that evidence when asked.

And why won't you let us be the judge of whether or not your evidence is proof or not? If you think it can't stand up to independent scrutiny, then it can't really be sound evidence can it? If you're going to make an extravagant claim that you assert proves something, then you need to have something of substance in its support, otherwise we're more than entitled to write off your claims as pure bullshit. (Thanks CS.)

And I can't accept your claim that this is "off topic" as a get out of jail free card. It looks very much as though you're trying to avoid my questions.
I've explained it multiple times. It is evidence for me personally. It is not reproducible by me. I have some writings attributed to the experience that are dated and that's it. Is is indeed irrefutable to me personally, but given the nature, substance, origin, and lack of witness, it is not and cannot be proof for anyone else. I'm not avoiding any questions intentionally. My personal experience is somewhat off topic. I not dodging the issue. My Faith nor the attainment there of isn't the subject. If you have questions I will answer them regardless the nature. Just list them and I will attempt to answer them in like manner.

Peace
31-03-2016, 12:48 PM
(31-03-2016 11:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is evidence for me personally.

Evidence is evidence no matter who you are. If it isn't, it is not evidence.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
31-03-2016, 01:24 PM
(31-03-2016 12:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 11:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is evidence for me personally.

Evidence is evidence no matter who you are. If it isn't, it is not evidence.
Well then proof would have been a better word perhaps.
31-03-2016, 01:34 PM
(31-03-2016 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well then proof would have been a better word perhaps.

Proof is the same.

You have neither evidence nor proof. If you did, you would necessarily be capable of demonstrating it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
31-03-2016, 01:40 PM
(31-03-2016 01:34 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well then proof would have been a better word perhaps.

Proof is the same.

You have neither evidence nor proof. If you did, you would necessarily be capable of demonstrating it.
I'm not God and can't make GOD do anything, nor would I try. I have proof internally not in material form and I have written proof that is dated that backs up my experience, but none of that equate a to proof for a third party. Yes, I am aware that proof and evidence in general are reproducible.
31-03-2016, 01:57 PM
(31-03-2016 01:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have proof internally not in material form and I have written proof that is dated that backs up my experience, but none of that equate a to proof for a third party.

So you don't have proof, then.

31-03-2016, 01:58 PM
(31-03-2016 11:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is evidence for me personally. It is not reproducible by me. I have some writings attributed to the experience that are dated and that's it. Is is indeed irrefutable to me personally, but given the nature, substance, origin, and lack of witness, it is not and cannot be proof for anyone else. [...]

I'm sorry, but this sort of response to my appeal for your evidence is nonsensical; this collection of phrases is without meaning. Considering your claim that the purported "evidence" you hold is only apparent for the individual holding it—without any disclosure to a third party—then it cannot be considered evidence according to any/all understanding of the word.

Imagine if a prosecuting attorney said to the defense; "I've got evidence here that proves your client committed the crime, so it's not really necessary for me to divulge it—the judge and jury will just have to take my word for its existence. And of course that evidence should be sufficient to convict your client."

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-03-2016, 04:31 PM
(31-03-2016 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 11:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is evidence for me personally. It is not reproducible by me. I have some writings attributed to the experience that are dated and that's it. Is is indeed irrefutable to me personally, but given the nature, substance, origin, and lack of witness, it is not and cannot be proof for anyone else. [...]

I'm sorry, but this sort of response to my appeal for your evidence is nonsensical; this collection of phrases is without meaning. Considering your claim that the purported "evidence" you hold is only apparent for the individual holding it—without any disclosure to a third party—then it cannot be considered evidence according to any/all understanding of the word.

Imagine if a prosecuting attorney said to the defense; "I've got evidence here that proves your client committed the crime, so it's not really necessary for me to divulge it—the judge and jury will just have to take my word for its existence. And of course that evidence should be sufficient to convict your client."
Holy crap. That is what I have been saying.

My own self isn't a court of law involving others. It involves me.

evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

"you will be asked to give proof of your identity"

synonyms:evidence,verification,corroboration,authentication,confirmation,certifi​cation,documentation,validation,attestation,substantiation

And yes, what happened to me, my memories, direction due to, recounting there of, and anything else related to that experience in any way indeed does verify, corroborate, and confirm my Faith in GOD. And therefore is indeed proof for me personally.
31-03-2016, 04:59 PM
(31-03-2016 04:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And yes, what happened to me, my memories, direction due to, recounting there of, and anything else related to that experience in any way indeed does verify, corroborate, and confirm my Faith in GOD.

No, they don't. You believe that they do, but they don't.

[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post