Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
12-02-2016, 01:26 AM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
@q who's to say that the crowd wasn't forming because Jesus had went mad! ? You also haven't answered my questions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 02:18 AM
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

No no no dude. They took him to Rome and threw him off the Tarpeian rock.

We have pictures.

[Image: 7964404108_6e2c97100e_b.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-02-2016, 11:16 AM
(11-02-2016 01:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

And the fact that it is in there indicates that something isn't quite right.

Interpretations can be verified, often by cross-referencing scripture. Here's an example from John 10:

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?” 21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2016, 11:18 AM
(11-02-2016 01:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @The Q Continuum

Sorry if it feels like I am tracking your mouvement on this forum, but those verse (at least in the translation I found) clearly mentionned that some people were very concerned about Jesus's sanity, a teacher of the Law from Jerusalem even calls him possessed. To which Jesus replies that its impossible since Satan wouldn't work against himself (he was chasing demons at that point), because it would weaken him (showing that Jesus would have been a very poor military strategist since its in direct contradiction with one of Sun Tsu favored stratagem). He then mention that he/God can forgive anything exept being insulted. People try to reach to him by mentionning his family is their, but he reject their help by mentionning that his only family are those who follow him.

Thank you. And now we have three Bible references to the facts:

1. Jesus was (falsely) accused of many things, including being delusional.

2. Supporters and onlookers immediately responded to these accusations, reminding us that Jesus was also healing and caring.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2016, 11:30 AM
(12-02-2016 11:16 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

Interpretations can be verified, often by cross-referencing scripture. Here's an example from John 10:

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?” 21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
12-02-2016, 12:14 PM
(12-02-2016 11:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:38 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @The Q Continuum

Sorry if it feels like I am tracking your mouvement on this forum, but those verse (at least in the translation I found) clearly mentionned that some people were very concerned about Jesus's sanity, a teacher of the Law from Jerusalem even calls him possessed. To which Jesus replies that its impossible since Satan wouldn't work against himself (he was chasing demons at that point), because it would weaken him (showing that Jesus would have been a very poor military strategist since its in direct contradiction with one of Sun Tsu favored stratagem). He then mention that he/God can forgive anything exept being insulted. People try to reach to him by mentionning his family is their, but he reject their help by mentionning that his only family are those who follow him.

Thank you. And now we have three Bible references to the facts:

1. Jesus was (falsely) accused of many things, including being delusional.

2. Supporters and onlookers immediately responded to these accusations, reminding us that Jesus was also healing and caring.

Do you want me present you with words of support to Jim Johns and how he was helping people by its own supporting? Having supporters doesn't prove you aren't crazy. Kim Jung Il had thousand of honest supporters, some of them very vocal and not even North Korean, but he was still crazy. Note that in this perticular passage, he doesn't present any good argument or even perform a miracle to prove he is right he makes two logical fallacies (an false appeal to intention and a threat).

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
13-02-2016, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 03:36 AM by purpledaisies.)
(12-02-2016 11:16 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

All this does is futher proves my point . Again you haven't answered my questions.
13-02-2016, 05:49 AM
(12-02-2016 11:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:16 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interpretations can be verified, often by cross-referencing scripture. Here's an example from John 10:

Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

It's a really silly conversation that Jesus engages in, just like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. A nascent cult leader's friends call him insane then other friends vouch for his sanity. Then the cult leader starts talking about how a mythical creature would or would not do certain things to support what side he's on, but unable to show any proof to support his claims. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Who was getting married? I have lost track.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-02-2016, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 12:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)
There was no Jesus. They made it all up.
The philosophy and theology in the gospels represent the interests of post diaspora Judaism from about 75-100 years later.
Find another work of fiction to concern yourself with.

Now, did Harry Potter know whom he was going to marry ?
(A far more important question).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post