Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-04-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 09:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  All of that is illogical as there is no evidence that any gods exist.

And each of those is logical IF any god exists. And this we both know. The difference is, I acted on the chance, not because of Heaven and Hell only, or Pascal's philosophical wager, but because I'd be stupid and/or an atheist, not to at least investigate.

The reason, Chas, why you speak in more absolutes than a Sith Lord in this arena, is this--you say things that sound good but are absolutes and slightly off, like "...There is no evidence that any gods exist." A more appropriate answer, one I would make if I was in your shoes, is "There is lousy evidence that God exists." After all, I know there are a billion people in this world who will swear under a (secular or religious) oath that God exists. You can call us teeming millions "deceived testimony evidence" or "poor testimony evidence" but calling us NO evidence is rude at best, stupid at worst.

Bucky has typed "Jesus is Lord". Why are you still here?

Pro tip: Testimony is not objective evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And each of those is logical IF any god exists.

Which has not been established.

(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The difference is, I acted on the chance, not because of Heaven and Hell only, or Pascal's philosophical wager, but because I'd be stupid and/or an atheist, not to at least investigate.

The investigation has been done.

It just didn't turn up the results you wanted.

(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  you say things that sound good but are absolutes and slightly off, like "...There is no evidence that any gods exist." A more appropriate answer, one I would make if I was in your shoes, is "There is lousy evidence that God exists." After all, I know there are a billion people in this world who will swear under a (secular or religious) oath that God exists. You can call us teeming millions "deceived testimony evidence" or "poor testimony evidence" but calling us NO evidence is rude at best, stupid at worst.

Well, no. It's fact. Claims of belief are not evidence.

A million times zero is still zero, no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
01-04-2016, 12:39 PM
(01-04-2016 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 10:39 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I thought you said earlier, in this thread, that it was prophecy that convinced you before you even trusted in jesus.

So are you saying you prayed to a god/jesus that you didn't believe in or trust for proof of them and the understanding of the prophecies is what the prove was that was given to you?

As a skeptic, I wasn't convinced that quick--and even after studying the Bible and also its prophecies for some months--and even after that, when I knew it was right to trust Jesus--I still didn't want to do so. There was some prayer also, like this one, which I think will fit you:

"God, if you exist, I need you to show yourself to me in ways that I cannot say are simply coincidence. Help me understand."

Hopefully being skeptical means asking and thinking more than some "personal" understanding of evidence of existing. It comes off as horribly self-serving and selfish in design and goal instead of some world solving goal for the good of a potential god or your view. I've stated in the past, both on a grounds of skeptical layer disrupting and out of a benefit to question, I would expect some constant non-explainable and repeat world events of god explaining it's existence and allowing it to be experienced in various ways simultaneously for all humans. Nothing of just a personal experience of knowledge like popsbe...s experience claim, that means absolutely nothing to any skeptical view.

(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 09:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  All of that is illogical as there is no evidence that any gods exist.

And each of those is logical IF any god exists. And this we both know. The difference is, I acted on the chance, not because of Heaven and Hell only, or Pascal's philosophical wager, but because I'd be stupid and/or an atheist, not to at least investigate.

You would also be stupid to take info on a personal scale as trustworthy. Also stupid to not do as much research(if not more do to combating background experience) with Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Bahaism, Animistic faiths, Islam, mormonism, scientology, integralism, etc. That's a significantly twisted part from Pascal and how western believers still talk about this atheist-theist dichotomy. As if it's already assumed the Christian type god exists and CARES if an individual believes in it. Though really, the layer of investigation would really need to start well before that and experience all these others ideas to get to actually questioning.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-04-2016, 12:59 PM
(01-04-2016 12:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  As a skeptic, I wasn't convinced that quick--and even after studying the Bible and also its prophecies for some months--and even after that, when I knew it was right to trust Jesus--I still didn't want to do so. There was some prayer also, like this one, which I think will fit you:

"God, if you exist, I need you to show yourself to me in ways that I cannot say are simply coincidence. Help me understand."

Hopefully being skeptical means asking and thinking more than some "personal" understanding of evidence of existing. It comes off as horribly self-serving and selfish in design and goal instead of some world solving goal for the good of a potential god or your view. I've stated in the past, both on a grounds of skeptical layer disrupting and out of a benefit to question, I would expect some constant non-explainable and repeat world events of god explaining it's existence and allowing it to be experienced in various ways simultaneously for all humans. Nothing of just a personal experience of knowledge like popsbe...s experience claim, that means absolutely nothing to any skeptical view.

(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And each of those is logical IF any god exists. And this we both know. The difference is, I acted on the chance, not because of Heaven and Hell only, or Pascal's philosophical wager, but because I'd be stupid and/or an atheist, not to at least investigate.

You would also be stupid to take info on a personal scale as trustworthy. Also stupid to not do as much research(if not more do to combating background experience) with Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Bahaism, Animistic faiths, Islam, mormonism, scientology, integralism, etc. That's a significantly twisted part from Pascal and how western believers still talk about this atheist-theist dichotomy. As if it's already assumed the Christian type god exists and CARES if an individual believes in it. Though really, the layer of investigation would really need to start well before that and experience all these others ideas to get to actually questioning.
Wow you deny my experience as having any credible substance whatsoever and then say that if one was looking they should probably look into more than one religion.

Ehh, anyway

Peace
01-04-2016, 01:33 PM
(01-04-2016 12:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wow you deny my experience as having any credible substance whatsoever

He's not the only one.

Quote: and then say that if one was looking they should probably look into more than one religion.

Why do you seem to think that is some kind of contradiction? It isn't when you base your reasoning on evidence instead of delusion.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-04-2016, 03:32 PM
(01-04-2016 12:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 12:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Hopefully being skeptical means asking and thinking more than some "personal" understanding of evidence of existing. It comes off as horribly self-serving and selfish in design and goal instead of some world solving goal for the good of a potential god or your view. I've stated in the past, both on a grounds of skeptical layer disrupting and out of a benefit to question, I would expect some constant non-explainable and repeat world events of god explaining it's existence and allowing it to be experienced in various ways simultaneously for all humans. Nothing of just a personal experience of knowledge like popsbe...s experience claim, that means absolutely nothing to any skeptical view.

Wow you deny my experience as having any credible substance whatsoever and then say that if one was looking they should probably look into more than one religion.

Ehh, anyway

Peace

Your experience (that you constantly acknowledge you can't prove to others) does what for any other human exactly?

Nothing to anyone but yourself, therfore. It has no credible substance. It's entirely self centered and only selfish in its substance.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-04-2016, 03:39 PM
(01-04-2016 03:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 12:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wow you deny my experience as having any credible substance whatsoever and then say that if one was looking they should probably look into more than one religion.

Ehh, anyway

Peace

Your experience (that you constantly acknowledge you can't prove to others) does what for any other human exactly?

Nothing to anyone but yourself, therfore. It has no credible substance. It's entirely self centered and only selfish in its substance.

Well; to be fair it's not quite literally none at all, but it is only meaningful to the extent that it corresponds with everyone else's...

And, uh, pops's... doesn't.

... this is my signature!
02-04-2016, 06:24 AM
(01-04-2016 03:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 03:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Your experience (that you constantly acknowledge you can't prove to others) does what for any other human exactly?

Well; to be fair it's not quite literally none at all, but it is only meaningful to the extent that it corresponds with everyone else's...

And, uh, pops's... doesn't.
I was just trying to point out that though most think I am delusional or came to my conclusions due to a delusion, my advice on searching for truth in Faith through unbiased study of varied religions is sound.

That's all. It was just an observation.

Peace
11-04-2016, 01:22 PM
(01-04-2016 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And each of those is logical IF any god exists. And this we both know. The difference is, I acted on the chance, not because of Heaven and Hell only, or Pascal's philosophical wager, but because I'd be stupid and/or an atheist, not to at least investigate.

The reason, Chas, why you speak in more absolutes than a Sith Lord in this arena, is this--you say things that sound good but are absolutes and slightly off, like "...There is no evidence that any gods exist." A more appropriate answer, one I would make if I was in your shoes, is "There is lousy evidence that God exists." After all, I know there are a billion people in this world who will swear under a (secular or religious) oath that God exists. You can call us teeming millions "deceived testimony evidence" or "poor testimony evidence" but calling us NO evidence is rude at best, stupid at worst.

Bucky has typed "Jesus is Lord". Why are you still here?

1. Please send a link.

2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2016, 01:26 PM
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Bucky has typed "Jesus is Lord". Why are you still here?

1. Please send a link.

2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

What a dishonest weasel you are.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post