Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-04-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Bucky has typed "Jesus is Lord". Why are you still here?

Pro tip: Testimony is not objective evidence.

1. Please send a link.

2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.
I see you're as honest as the faith you follow. It seems fitting somehow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 02:17 PM
(01-04-2016 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Bucky has typed "Jesus is Lord". Why are you still here?

1. Please send a link.

How could you have missed it?

Quote:2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

There is no evidence that there were any eyewitnesses nor any support for the so-called "multiple documents".
And testimony is not reliable or objective.

Now keep your word and go away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-04-2016, 02:41 PM
(01-04-2016 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pro tip: Testimony is not objective evidence.

Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses

No, they actually aren't. Even in a legal setting rather than a scientific one, this does not hold up. "Eyewitness testimony" that has no corroborating evidence is invalid and discarded.

It's honestly rather depressing how often this same idiocy gets brought up in discussions like this. It's always an indication that the person saying it does not actually understand what the word "evidence" means, or how it is applied.

Hearsay is not evidence for the truth of a claim, no matter how many people are saying it. This is not a radical notion. It is not exclusive to atheism or anything else. It is one of the most basic, fundamental realities of logic. A lot of people making similar claims is an indication that something is going on, but it is not in any way evidence that what is going on is necessarily what the people making those claims say it is.

Claims are not evidence.

They will never be evidence.

Not liking this will not make it any less true.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-04-2016, 03:31 PM

1. Please send a link.

Have you (liar) figured out yet how eternal torture is not infinite?
Or why owning another person as property according to the bible, why this isnt slavery?
Why do you like to deliberately break commandmends #6 and #9?
See you soon in hell Angel

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-04-2016, 04:47 PM
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

If that is true, then you must believe the Joseph Smith and the gold plates story.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-04-2016, 12:42 PM
(11-04-2016 02:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. Please send a link.

How could you have missed it?

Quote:2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

There is no evidence that there were any eyewitnesses nor any support for the so-called "multiple documents".
And testimony is not reliable or objective.

Now keep your word and go away.

It said "April Fools" on BB's post. He had someone else write it for him.

There is evidence for the multiple authors of the NT. There are a dozen of them. There testimonies can be cross-checked, one against another.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
12-04-2016, 12:45 PM
(11-04-2016 02:41 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses

No, they actually aren't. Even in a legal setting rather than a scientific one, this does not hold up. "Eyewitness testimony" that has no corroborating evidence is invalid and discarded.

It's honestly rather depressing how often this same idiocy gets brought up in discussions like this. It's always an indication that the person saying it does not actually understand what the word "evidence" means, or how it is applied.

Hearsay is not evidence for the truth of a claim, no matter how many people are saying it. This is not a radical notion. It is not exclusive to atheism or anything else. It is one of the most basic, fundamental realities of logic. A lot of people making similar claims is an indication that something is going on, but it is not in any way evidence that what is going on is necessarily what the people making those claims say it is.

Claims are not evidence.

They will never be evidence.

Not liking this will not make it any less true.

I was a foreman of a jury where we sent someone away based on eyewitness testimony. One person said he'd cried, "He's holding a knife on me!" and the other said, "I heard that person say, 'He's got a knife!'" and claims he saw a knife...

The jury was aggressive but I fought with them because I was seeking more evidence. There was a conviction. The judge said we were lenient in the case.

Is "claims are not evidence" the standard you use in all judgment, or just when you are railing against God in a forum? Do you tell your partner when they say they care for you, "Claims are not evidence!"

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
12-04-2016, 12:46 PM
(11-04-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. Testimonies from multiple eyewitnesses, and multiple documents, are.

If that is true, then you must believe the Joseph Smith and the gold plates story.

But 9 of 11 of the eyewitnesses to the plates of Joseph Smith later recanted, including his ex-wife, and his son!

The apostles have a different course of life. But as important, we can prove the Bible true via prophecy.

12-04-2016, 12:49 PM
(11-04-2016 03:31 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. Please send a link.

Have you (liar) figured out yet how eternal torture is not infinite?
Or why owning another person as property according to the bible, why this isnt slavery?
Why do you like to deliberately break commandmends #6 and #9?
See you soon in hell Angel

The Bible describe Hell as a terrible place, but not a torture house. Have you not yet read Luke 16, where someone in perdition carries on a conversation with other people?

I think you are conflating the words for people and property wrongly. What is a child to the guardian of the child? Not 100% self-determinant. Neither is someone who works as an indentured servant. And you have again forgotten how someone could volunteer to become a lifelong servant!

If you are thinking of the Decalogue, I have never murdered a person, and I try to be honest, same as you.

12-04-2016, 01:06 PM
(12-04-2016 12:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If that is true, then you must believe the Joseph Smith and the gold plates story.

But 9 of 11 of the eyewitnesses to the plates of Joseph Smith later recanted, including his ex-wife, and his son!

The apostles have a different course of life. But as important, we can prove the Bible true via prophecy.

You have yet to prove the Bible true via prophecy, in fact no one on the planet has been able to do so, you only believe it because you want to. There is absolutely not one prophecy in the Bible that has come to pass as specifically written unless you play with the wording and say that some things are still going to happen. I can always say that someone will die and yes they will die someday but unless I can say exactly how, when, etc. and until it actually occurs it's not a true prediction.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]