Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
12-04-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(12-04-2016 12:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 03:31 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Have you (liar) figured out yet how eternal torture is not infinite?
Or why owning another person as property according to the bible, why this isnt slavery?
Why do you like to deliberately break commandmends #6 and #9?
See you soon in hell Angel

The Bible describe Hell as a terrible place, but not a torture house. Have you not yet read Luke 16, where someone in perdition carries on a conversation with other people?

I think you are conflating the words for people and property wrongly. What is a child to the guardian of the child? Not 100% self-determinant. Neither is someone who works as an indentured servant. And you have again forgotten how someone could volunteer to become a lifelong servant!

If you are thinking of the Decalogue, I have never murdered a person, and I try to be honest, same as you.

Oh, please, dont insult my intellect (again). Please try harder when you try to be dishonest ok?
You claimed that hell is eternal but not infinite. I will quote you again, just in case you *forgot* what you said, mkay?
The Q Continuum Wrote:Hell is eternal punishment that is NOT infinite
Now how is eternal not infinite?

Oh, and you seem to have *forgotten* what the bible says about slavery. As a reminder i will repeat it here for you too, just to make being dishonest a bit harder, mmkay? I just like having fun with liars, ignorant ones in particular. Angel
The bold parts should help you to explain how this passage does not talk about owning another human being as property/posession Tongue
Maybe you want to consult Aliza on the original meaning of the hebrew text?

Quote:Leviticus:
25:44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

The Q Continuum Wrote:If you are thinking of the Decalogue, I have never murdered a person, and I try to be honest, same as you.
Well the difference between the both of us is:
I dont claim to adhere to a set of rules while at the same time admitting to accept breaking those rules
I am not that dishonest to claim that "thou shalt not kill" leaves room for interpretation.
Heres your quote, in your own words:
The Q Continuum Wrote:The Bible states that state-sanctioned execution, of say, murderers, is killing that isn't murder. I have no problem with that.

P.S.: Dont force me to point out that volunteering to be a lifelong servant, and particularly accepting that offer is immoral too. So, you better drop that shit, dude.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 01:39 PM
(12-04-2016 12:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I was a foreman of a jury where we sent someone away based on eyewitness testimony.

Either you have omitted facts here (probably because you don't actually understand the point being made and thus don't consider them relevant, or perhaps because you are outright lying and hoping that it will convince someone) considering other evidence brought forth and considered, or you were present for a miscarriage of justice. I don't know which it is, and I honestly don't care, because, either way, the point stands.

The rules of logic don't change just because someone fails to follow them. Even if that someone is a judge.

(12-04-2016 12:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Is "claims are not evidence" the standard you use in all judgment, or just when you are railing against God in a forum?

All judgment. It's not hard, really; the evidence for most claims is trivially accessible.

(12-04-2016 12:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you tell your partner when they say they care for you, "Claims are not evidence!"

No, but if someone tells me that they love me when their behavior has not given me any reason to believe that they might, I don't believe them.

This isn't complicated, Q. And, as I said, this isn't something you can argue against. This is not unique to the atheist position. It is one of the most basic and fundamental tentpoles of logic.

No, claims are not evidence. No, no one cares about what objections you have here. They are wrong, point blank and universally. Claims are not evidence, and you cannot change this.

This issue seems to crop up in every thread with a credulous fool pushing nonsense. Call_of_the_Wild has an elaborate song-and-dance routine involving an attempt to compare Bigfoot to the authors of the gospels, for some reason. Free made a similar attempt regarding UFO visitation reports. It always comes up, sooner or later, because claims are all you have.

Unfortunately, claims are never going to convince anyone.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
12-04-2016, 02:07 PM
(12-04-2016 12:42 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 02:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  How could you have missed it?

There is no evidence that there were any eyewitnesses nor any support for the so-called "multiple documents".
And testimony is not reliable or objective.

Now keep your word and go away.

It said "April Fools" on BB's post. He had someone else write it for him.

There is evidence for the multiple authors of the NT. There are a dozen of them. There testimonies can be cross-checked, one against another.

Yes there is lots of evidence for the multiple writers of the NT. All those monks scribed copies that add, removed, altered, and doctored quotes over time in different copies that show it was written by multiple people over several centuries.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-04-2016, 01:49 AM
(12-04-2016 12:42 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 02:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  How could you have missed it?

There is no evidence that there were any eyewitnesses nor any support for the so-called "multiple documents".
And testimony is not reliable or objective.

Now keep your word and go away.

It said "April Fools" on BB's post.

So what?

Quote:He had someone else write it for him.

That is a typical apologetic pile of horseshit. You are a fucking weasel, now piss off.

Quote:There is evidence for the multiple authors of the NT. There are a dozen of them. There testimonies can be cross-checked, one against another.

Weak. Anonymous authors and no non-religious confirmation do not a strong case make.

Now piss off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-04-2016, 06:49 AM
(12-04-2016 12:42 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It said "April Fools" on BB's post. He had someone else write it for him.

Bucky, if you already answered this, then I'm sorry for asking again.

Did you have anyone else type out your April Fools post, or did those words come directly from your fingertips?
13-04-2016, 12:41 PM
(12-04-2016 12:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 04:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If that is true, then you must believe the Joseph Smith and the gold plates story.

But 9 of 11 of the eyewitnesses to the plates of Joseph Smith later recanted, including his ex-wife, and his son!

The apostles have a different course of life. But as important, we can prove the Bible true via prophecy.

So you do not believe the 2 who didn't? Let me put it another way: let's say that a document surfaced that dates to the correct time period that says that 10 of the apostles recanted. Would that convince you christianity is false? I kind of doubt it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-04-2016, 12:48 PM
The accusation that someone other than Bucky typed Jesus is Lord is ludicrous.

The whole April Fools thing doesn't even matter. Q's declaration that he would leave if Bucky typed the magic words didn't include disclaimers or exclusions.

Q is a liar. It's really that simple.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-04-2016, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2016 01:59 PM by TheInquisition.)
(13-04-2016 12:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The accusation that someone other than Bucky typed Jesus is Lord is ludicrous.

The whole April Fools thing doesn't even matter. Q's declaration that he would leave if Bucky typed the magic words didn't include disclaimers or exclusions.

Q is a liar. It's really that simple.

Lying for Jesus is ok though. Facepalm

What could he possibly think he can accomplish here? No one on this forum respects him, they don't believe anything he says, he makes a bold statement about leaving if BB types some words and then generates reasons why he won't leave. Typical Christian liar, just create excuses for lying and pretend no one will notice.

He's a constant reminder of what I despise most about Christians that talk out of both sides of their mouth. Being a liar for Jesus simply reinforces the worst stereotypes I harbor towards Christians and I try to let go of my stereotypes towards any group of people, but then a intellectual cretin like Q comes along and verifies the truth of them. Yeah, I remember the stink of Christianity because of him. Hobo

Well, at least Aliza is here to show that not all theists are like him.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
14-04-2016, 10:06 AM
(13-04-2016 01:31 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Well, at least Aliza is here to show that not all theists are like him.

I agree but I also don't think that KC is at all like him either.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post