Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
13-02-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(13-02-2016 08:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There was no Jesus. They made it all up.
The philosophy and theology in the gospels represents the interests of post diaspora Judaism form about 75-100 years later.
Find another work of fiction to concern yourself with.

Now, did Harry Potter know whom he was going to marry ?
(A far more important question).
Yes I do know that Bucky. I was mainly wanting to see what the bible said about this and what others thought. I did try to find anyone who might have wrote about Jesus being mentally ill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 09:13 AM
(13-02-2016 08:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There was no Jesus. They made it all up.
The philosophy and theology in the gospels represents the interests of post diaspora Judaism form about 75-100 years later.
Find another work of fiction to concern yourself with.

Now, did Harry Potter know whom he was going to marry ?
(A far more important question).

When did J.K. Rowling know whom he was going to marry? Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-02-2016, 08:40 AM
(13-02-2016 03:33 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:16 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interpretations can be verified, often by cross-referencing scripture. Here's an example from John 10:

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?” 21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

All this does is futher proves my point . Again you haven't answered my questions.

Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly. Please understand a dozen people will reply to my requests and it can be difficult to parse sincere questions from rhetorical commentary.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2016, 08:43 AM
(12-02-2016 11:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:16 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interpretations can be verified, often by cross-referencing scripture. Here's an example from John 10:

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?” 21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

Both demonic afflictions and medical conditions/sickness are mentioned in the NT, even both in one verse. People knew demons for enemies--their character wouldn't heal blind persons. I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the lengths to which atheists will overthink fairly simple concepts, attempting to poke holes in the gospels.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes The Q Continuum's post
16-02-2016, 08:48 AM
(16-02-2016 08:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

Both demonic afflictions and medical conditions/sickness are mentioned in the NT, even both in one verse. People knew demons for enemies--their character wouldn't heal blind persons. I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the lengths to which atheists will overthink fairly simple concepts, attempting to poke holes in the gospels.

It's far from much thinking. If you think merely not taking a persons word for something is over-thinking, you would be a super gullible human if you carried that thought process to every action. That comment still isn't anything being proven or showing they have a good basis to state that.

How do they know what the character really is or isn't? Because they know some things about that doesn't mean they know all things. If a demon is mainly working in deception, perhaps it's a deception to what a demon would really do or not do or perhaps a demon in his character would heal a blnd person in order to deceiver those further.

I just don't get the desire to take ones word for it, on anything of this situation. Trusting oneself is not even wise enough to do.

16-02-2016, 08:59 AM
(12-02-2016 11:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

And we are surprised by the conviction you have when you say that a demon would never heal the blind since it's not in their character. Since when trickery isn't the favored weapon of demons? What is one blind man cured when you can damn his soul and that of all his friends and relatives in exchange? This doesn't seem out of character for the devil to use such stratagem. But then again, if you were of that opinion and still believed in magic, demons and gods, you would be forced to doubt that your god might actually be the devil in disguise.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Both demonic afflictions and medical conditions/sickness are mentioned in the NT, even both in one verse.

So what? The Bible is not evidence of anything but ancient myth.

Quote:People knew demons for enemies--their character wouldn't heal blind persons. I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the lengths to which atheists will overthink fairly simple concepts, attempting to poke holes in the gospels.

People don't know anything about 'demons' - it is all made up. There is no evidence of demons, gods, devils or any other incorporeal being.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Actually, we agree on this point, though for quite opposite reasons.

I see no point in trying to argue with the details of the Bible any more than I see any point in arguing over how realistic Star Wars is. It is, at its root, arbitrary, and can mean whatever the rabid super-fan wants it to mean.

Until and unless it is actually established as fact rather than fiction, this sort of debate is utterly purposeless.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
17-02-2016, 10:13 AM
All,

If you are unaware that demons in the Bible do only bad things, and that Jesus Christ only does good things in the Bible, and that the Jewish people knew all this, so that several different ones accused the rabbis, "But how can this man be demonized since He heals?!" then the Bible knowledge you have is rather insufficient to reject the Bible--it's like you've never read any of it at all.

17-02-2016, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 10:20 AM by ClydeLee.)
(17-02-2016 10:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

If you are unaware that demons in the Bible do only bad things, and that Jesus Christ only does good things in the Bible, and that the Jewish people knew all this, so that several different ones accused the rabbis, "But how can this man be demonized since He heals?!" then the Bible knowledge you have is rather insufficient to reject the Bible--it's like you've never read any of it at all.

Then those peoples knowledge was rather insufficient as was the writers knowledge.

So Jewish people or rabbi's are right about everything? If there is possibly something they're wrong about, why would you accept some things they claim to know as right and not other things.