Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
17-02-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(16-02-2016 08:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well, can a demon? How would they know for sure what a demon really can or can not accomplish?

Both demonic afflictions and medical conditions/sickness are mentioned in the NT, even both in one verse. People knew demons for enemies--their character wouldn't heal blind persons. I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the lengths to which atheists will overthink fairly simple concepts, attempting to poke holes in the gospels.

One does not have to "poke holes" in the gospels. They come with holes pre-poked. They are kinda like Swiss cheese. They are not historical, and they are not "biographies". Since you are a scholar of nothing, you are incompetent to even begin to discuss them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...spels.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-02-2016, 05:26 PM
(17-02-2016 10:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

If you are unaware that demons in the Bible do only bad things, and that Jesus Christ only does good things in the Bible, and that the Jewish people knew all this, so that several different ones accused the rabbis, "But how can this man be demonized since He heals?!" then the Bible knowledge you have is rather insufficient to reject the Bible--it's like you've never read any of it at all.

The Bible is rejected as reality precisely because it has ridiculous assertions such as the existence of demons.

No one here has claimed there is nothing of value in the Bible, only that it is not accurate history and it is not a description of reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-02-2016, 07:32 PM

If you are unaware that demons in the Bible do only bad things, and that Jesus Christ only does good things in the Bible, and that the Jewish people knew all this, so that several different ones accused the rabbis, "But how can this man be demonized since He heals?!" then the Bible knowledge you have is rather insufficient to reject the Bible--it's like you've never read any of it at all.

I don't need to reach OT VIII in order to know Scientology is bunk.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
17-02-2016, 09:49 PM
(16-02-2016 08:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 03:33 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  All this does is futher proves my point . Again you haven't answered my questions.

Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly. Please understand a dozen people will reply to my requests and it can be difficult to parse sincere questions from rhetorical commentary.

Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly.

LIAR!
18-02-2016, 02:00 AM
(17-02-2016 09:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 08:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly. Please understand a dozen people will reply to my requests and it can be difficult to parse sincere questions from rhetorical commentary.

Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly.

LIAR!

First do not call me a liar ! I never called u any names. That was uncalled for and I don't appreciate it at all. I'm owed an apology .

2nd page first reply on that page!!!!
18-02-2016, 07:58 AM
He was replying to Q, not you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-02-2016, 08:13 AM
(18-02-2016 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  He was replying to Q, not you. Drinking Beverage
Oh crap I thought it was q talking to me. My apologies . I feel dumb.
19-02-2016, 12:19 PM
(17-02-2016 10:16 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Then those peoples knowledge was rather insufficient as was the writers knowledge.

So Jewish people or rabbi's are right about everything? If there is possibly something they're wrong about, why would you accept some things they claim to know as right and not other things.

What? Sorry to make it about your knowledge, it should be about your heart as well, but your own knowledge is lacking here. Again, even a very cursory reading of the NT should inform you that the rabbis--who were exceptionally learned--would accuse Jesus with false accusations.

The rabbis were saying, "This guy has a demon," and the common folk would say, "Wake up! He's healing multitudes of the sick..."

As for Jewish people being right about many things, that is a truism.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
19-02-2016, 12:22 PM
(17-02-2016 10:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 08:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Both demonic afflictions and medical conditions/sickness are mentioned in the NT, even both in one verse. People knew demons for enemies--their character wouldn't heal blind persons. I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the lengths to which atheists will overthink fairly simple concepts, attempting to poke holes in the gospels.

One does not have to "poke holes" in the gospels. They come with holes pre-poked. They are kinda like Swiss cheese. They are not historical, and they are not "biographies". Since you are a scholar of nothing, you are incompetent to even begin to discuss them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...spels.html

How am I a scholar of nothing when I have a Bachelor's of Religion in NT studies from a secular university? How am I a scholar of nothing when I have two degrees and am enrolled currently for a third? Aren't you a Master's student or TA at Yale or somewhere?

Your comments on the gospels are rude and misinformed. They are magnificent tapestries of the wondrous works of Jesus Christ. John concludes saying if we were to write all Christ did the world could not contain the library (since Jesus is deity, loving and King).

You may be a scholar, however, you are certainly biased. I'm biased as a Christian but am self-aware of my bend.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
19-02-2016, 12:24 PM
(17-02-2016 05:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The Bible is rejected as reality precisely because it has ridiculous assertions such as the existence of demons.

No one here has claimed there is nothing of value in the Bible, only that it is not accurate history and it is not a description of reality.

Hard to understand people like you and BB without using demons as an explanatory variable. Sorry, but you bring this charge upon yourself.

More likely in your case, Chas, you don't need a demon, since Jesus's power reigns strongly where people are open-minded and open-hearted. As long as you pooh-pooh all spiritual things and spiritual claims, you don't need to be possessed to be awfully self-possessed, and by that I mean, on your own without the help or love of God or men.

Pretty sure BB is possessed, though. What else would drive him to such vicious excesses?