Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-02-2016, 12:25 PM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(17-02-2016 07:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 10:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

If you are unaware that demons in the Bible do only bad things, and that Jesus Christ only does good things in the Bible, and that the Jewish people knew all this, so that several different ones accused the rabbis, "But how can this man be demonized since He heals?!" then the Bible knowledge you have is rather insufficient to reject the Bible--it's like you've never read any of it at all.

I don't need to reach OT VIII in order to know Scientology is bunk.

No, you don't. We know L. Ron Hubbard's weak character, and he is on record as literally telling friends after being a science fiction success that he would scam using a fictitious religion.

The difference is we have fulfilled prophecy that marks the Bible as the authentic Word of God.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2016, 12:30 PM
(18-02-2016 02:00 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 09:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Please tell me which questions I haven't answered and I will address them promptly.

LIAR!

First do not call me a liar ! I never called u any names. That was uncalled for and I don't appreciate it at all. I'm owed an apology .

2nd page first reply on that page!!!!

Purple,

Read back a post or two. Mark Fulton was calling ME a liar. I'm not calling you a liar and am awaiting your post. Meanwhile, I'll review the 2nd page post...

No need to take me down--it was Mark saying I lie and don't answer questions. Of course, Mark sees that every time five or six people ask me stuff and I miss something and then promise to answer and then do respond--well, Mark is lying.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
19-02-2016, 12:34 PM
(11-02-2016 01:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3:21 says something you misinterpret, sure. 3:20 says his family was worried about Him because there was a large crowd flocking to see the preacher. and 3:22 says He was healing people of their problems. There you go.

Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

And the fact that it is in there indicates that something isn't quite right.

Good questions, sorry for not replying earlier. I try not to reply to everyone who asks me so I'm not spamming on threads. But your questions are vital.

Quote:First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

The people were flocking to Him for free food and free healings, as well as to hear speeches so glorious many of them were trusting Him for salvation. They also liked to watch Him debate the rabbis as He always won! He was sane, saner than you or I for sure!

Quote:Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Because it's not just one incident but at least five in the gospels I noticed to date with these similarities (people love to say the gospels are different but atheists never notice the similarities that tie together good doctrine):

1. Jesus was doing amazing works and the rabbis were jealous

2. The rabbis accuse Christ of being in league with the devil.

3. Jesus and/or the crowd reprove the rabbis, "But He is undoing the devil's handiwork and healing people!"

The people feared the rabbis and the rabbis offered only shunning and excommunication to those who followed Jesus. They spoke out regardless. Think about that if you will.

19-02-2016, 12:51 PM
(19-02-2016 12:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 07:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I don't need to reach OT VIII in order to know Scientology is bunk.

No, you don't. We know L. Ron Hubbard's weak character, and he is on record as literally telling friends after being a science fiction success that he would scam using a fictitious religion.

The difference is we have fulfilled prophecy that marks the Bible as the authentic Word of God.

We've been over this many times before, and no you don't. The only "fulfilled prophecies" are in your mind. Meanwhile, we have abundant evidence that the Bible is cobbled together from the words of many individual men, of widely different writing style and ability. If it's the "Word of God", God has multiple personality disorder, and some of the personalities don't write so well.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
19-02-2016, 01:08 PM
(19-02-2016 12:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, you don't. We know L. Ron Hubbard's weak character

As opposed to the unimpeachable characters of all Christian leaders, of course.

(19-02-2016 12:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The difference is we have fulfilled prophecy that marks the Bible as the authentic Word of God.

No, we really don't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
19-02-2016, 01:16 PM
(19-02-2016 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 05:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Bible is rejected as reality precisely because it has ridiculous assertions such as the existence of demons.

No one here has claimed there is nothing of value in the Bible, only that it is not accurate history and it is not a description of reality.

Hard to understand people like you and BB without using demons as an explanatory variable. Sorry, but you bring this charge upon yourself.

Demons? You are a delusional, demented moron. Drinking Beverage

Quote:More likely in your case, Chas, you don't need a demon, since Jesus's power reigns strongly where people are open-minded and open-hearted.

Open-minded does not mean willing to entertain ideas that have already been shown false.

Quote:As long as you pooh-pooh all spiritual things and spiritual claims,

Please show where I have done that or STFU. I have stated that the evidence for your religious beliefs is non-existent and that the available evidence is consistent with a universe without any gods. Or demons.

Quote:you don't need to be possessed to be awfully self-possessed, and by that I mean, on your own without the help or love of God or men.

Do you really believe I am alone and friendless? Only in your sick, twisted, warped imagination.

Quote:Pretty sure BB is possessed, though. What else would drive him to such vicious excesses?

How about disgust with your attitudes and beliefs?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
19-02-2016, 01:42 PM
(19-02-2016 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 10:16 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Then those peoples knowledge was rather insufficient as was the writers knowledge.

So Jewish people or rabbi's are right about everything? If there is possibly something they're wrong about, why would you accept some things they claim to know as right and not other things.

What? Sorry to make it about your knowledge, it should be about your heart as well, but your own knowledge is lacking here. Again, even a very cursory reading of the NT should inform you that the rabbis--who were exceptionally learned--would accuse Jesus with false accusations.

The rabbis were saying, "This guy has a demon," and the common folk would say, "Wake up! He's healing multitudes of the sick..."

As for Jewish people being right about many things, that is a truism.

That just could be more long term deception. It's constantly talked up of the devil or satan getting smarter over time, or as Scalia once said, the devil has gotten "wilier" in these days. How do you know that hasn't been the long con all along and that he was as deceptive back then. Deceiving your proclaimed good ideas.

The very possibility he was possessed isn't something one might want to disbelief. In contrast, the truth is all you think about the NT could be part of the devil's manipulation and truly God wants people to not believe in him on Earth & those are the ones he trusts with their Ernest following of physical evidences of a godly designed world that matches up to any holy texts.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-02-2016, 01:54 PM
(19-02-2016 12:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Misinterpreted? Lol OK.

First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Third could it have been that that passage might have been missed and not omitted like countless others to paint Jesus in a good light?

And the fact that it is in there indicates that something isn't quite right.

Good questions, sorry for not replying earlier. I try not to reply to everyone who asks me so I'm not spamming on threads. But your questions are vital.

Quote:First his family could be worried that he is mad but true to human fashion people flock to the mentally Ill as we have seen countless times through history.

The people were flocking to Him for free food and free healings, as well as to hear speeches so glorious many of them were trusting Him for salvation. They also liked to watch Him debate the rabbis as He always won! He was sane, saner than you or I for sure!

Quote:Second what makes your interpretation correct?

Because it's not just one incident but at least five in the gospels I noticed to date with these similarities (people love to say the gospels are different but atheists never notice the similarities that tie together good doctrine):

1. Jesus was doing amazing works and the rabbis were jealous

2. The rabbis accuse Christ of being in league with the devil.

3. Jesus and/or the crowd reprove the rabbis, "But He is undoing the devil's handiwork and healing people!"

The people feared the rabbis and the rabbis offered only shunning and excommunication to those who followed Jesus. They spoke out regardless. Think about that if you will.

How do you know this? Citation please on everything you said.
23-02-2016, 09:36 AM
(19-02-2016 12:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 12:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, you don't. We know L. Ron Hubbard's weak character, and he is on record as literally telling friends after being a science fiction success that he would scam using a fictitious religion.

We've been over this many times before, and no you don't. The only "fulfilled prophecies" are in your mind. Meanwhile, we have abundant evidence that the Bible is cobbled together from the words of many individual men, of widely different writing style and ability. If it's the "Word of God", God has multiple personality disorder, and some of the personalities don't write so well.

It was prophesied, for one example, that the Jewish people would be a blessing and a light to the nations where they were driven, and repudiated and persecuted in those same nations. This has come true in dozens of countries for millennia.

The Bible absolutely shows abundant evidence of fulfilled prophecy. You are willfully rejecting this evidence to prop up your atheist worldview.

23-02-2016, 09:37 AM
(19-02-2016 01:42 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What? Sorry to make it about your knowledge, it should be about your heart as well, but your own knowledge is lacking here. Again, even a very cursory reading of the NT should inform you that the rabbis--who were exceptionally learned--would accuse Jesus with false accusations.

The rabbis were saying, "This guy has a demon," and the common folk would say, "Wake up! He's healing multitudes of the sick..."

As for Jewish people being right about many things, that is a truism.

That just could be more long term deception. It's constantly talked up of the devil or satan getting smarter over time, or as Scalia once said, the devil has gotten "wilier" in these days. How do you know that hasn't been the long con all along and that he was as deceptive back then. Deceiving your proclaimed good ideas.

The very possibility he was possessed isn't something one might want to disbelief. In contrast, the truth is all you think about the NT could be part of the devil's manipulation and truly God wants people to not believe in him on Earth & those are the ones he trusts with their Ernest following of physical evidences of a godly designed world that matches up to any holy texts.

If you believe there is a devil with a long term "deep cover" strategy, why are you an atheist? You are more than aware already that most cultures, most peoples, in all times of history, see a duality between a good God and a bad devil. You are just busting chops without a good reason.