Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-02-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(19-02-2016 01:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 12:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Good questions, sorry for not replying earlier. I try not to reply to everyone who asks me so I'm not spamming on threads. But your questions are vital.

The people were flocking to Him for free food and free healings, as well as to hear speeches so glorious many of them were trusting Him for salvation. They also liked to watch Him debate the rabbis as He always won! He was sane, saner than you or I for sure!

Because it's not just one incident but at least five in the gospels I noticed to date with these similarities (people love to say the gospels are different but atheists never notice the similarities that tie together good doctrine):

1. Jesus was doing amazing works and the rabbis were jealous

2. The rabbis accuse Christ of being in league with the devil.

3. Jesus and/or the crowd reprove the rabbis, "But He is undoing the devil's handiwork and healing people!"

The people feared the rabbis and the rabbis offered only shunning and excommunication to those who followed Jesus. They spoke out regardless. Think about that if you will.

How do you know this? Citation please on everything you said.

All the citations would be Bible quotes--Jesus healed, the rabbis accused Jesus of being satanic, onlookers made comments.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2016, 10:15 AM
(23-02-2016 09:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 12:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  We've been over this many times before, and no you don't. The only "fulfilled prophecies" are in your mind. Meanwhile, we have abundant evidence that the Bible is cobbled together from the words of many individual men, of widely different writing style and ability. If it's the "Word of God", God has multiple personality disorder, and some of the personalities don't write so well.

It was prophesied, for one example, that the Jewish people would be a blessing and a light to the nations where they were driven, and repudiated and persecuted in those same nations. This has come true in dozens of countries for millennia.

The Bible absolutely shows abundant evidence of fulfilled prophecy. You are willfully rejecting this evidence to prop up your atheist worldview.

That's a "prophecy"? Give me a break! That's no better than telling a child that he will have friends and enemies, and sometimes he'll be sick and sometimes he won't be. Well, duh! Tell me something that everyone doesn't already know.

Once again, the only "fulfilled prophecies" are in your imagination.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-02-2016, 12:25 PM
(23-02-2016 09:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 01:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  How do you know this? Citation please on everything you said.

All the citations would be Bible quotes--Jesus healed, the rabbis accused Jesus of being satanic, onlookers made comments.

Ah, then you have no real citations. Might as well cite Moby-Dick or Ulysses as the Bible.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-02-2016, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2016 12:45 PM by ClydeLee.)
(23-02-2016 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 01:42 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That just could be more long term deception. It's constantly talked up of the devil or satan getting smarter over time, or as Scalia once said, the devil has gotten "wilier" in these days. How do you know that hasn't been the long con all along and that he was as deceptive back then. Deceiving your proclaimed good ideas.

The very possibility he was possessed isn't something one might want to disbelief. In contrast, the truth is all you think about the NT could be part of the devil's manipulation and truly God wants people to not believe in him on Earth & those are the ones he trusts with their Ernest following of physical evidences of a godly designed world that matches up to any holy texts.

If you believe there is a devil with a long term "deep cover" strategy, why are you an atheist? You are more than aware already that most cultures, most peoples, in all times of history, see a duality between a good God and a bad devil. You are just busting chops without a good reason.

I don't, but I can point to actual christians who have stated they do believe it.

It's just a contrast to your proclaimed truth understanding of the reality vs theirs. How do you know that isn't the case of the devil? Your case is that demons/thedevil do deceive but couldn't do something like heal the blind in attempt to still deceive. Your basis for that is just unsound. It claims the jews lore believes it... well what was their basis for "knowing" that? all it is based on is speculation.

We also know Most people in most cultures had no clue what actually caused illness or what caused lightning/natural disasters nor knew how to determine accurate statistical trajectories to advanced complex levels... so? That's not any solid argument to believe something is ingrained to solid truth. That is something hopefully you are aware enough to realize is a horrid argument in terms of some god concept being backed up.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-02-2016, 02:51 PM
(23-02-2016 10:15 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 09:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It was prophesied, for one example, that the Jewish people would be a blessing and a light to the nations where they were driven, and repudiated and persecuted in those same nations. This has come true in dozens of countries for millennia.

The Bible absolutely shows abundant evidence of fulfilled prophecy. You are willfully rejecting this evidence to prop up your atheist worldview.

That's a "prophecy"? Give me a break! That's no better than telling a child that he will have friends and enemies, and sometimes he'll be sick and sometimes he won't be. Well, duh! Tell me something that everyone doesn't already know.

Grasshopper,

You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Are you American? Italian American? Do you speak Italian with fluency? How long has your family been in America? The Jewish people were prophesied to remain a distinct, chosen people. Like Christ, a light to the world. Like Christ, hated without a reasonable cause. And then brought back to their land after 2,000 years to a divided capital city of Jews and Gentiles, also prophesied!

You're joking with me, right?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-02-2016, 02:53 PM
(23-02-2016 12:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you believe there is a devil with a long term "deep cover" strategy, why are you an atheist? You are more than aware already that most cultures, most peoples, in all times of history, see a duality between a good God and a bad devil. You are just busting chops without a good reason.

I don't, but I can point to actual christians who have stated they do believe it.

It's just a contrast to your proclaimed truth understanding of the reality vs theirs. How do you know that isn't the case of the devil? Your case is that demons/thedevil do deceive but couldn't do something like heal the blind in attempt to still deceive. Your basis for that is just unsound. It claims the jews lore believes it... well what was their basis for "knowing" that? all it is based on is speculation.

We also know Most people in most cultures had no clue what actually caused illness or what caused lightning/natural disasters nor knew how to determine accurate statistical trajectories to advanced complex levels... so? That's not any solid argument to believe something is ingrained to solid truth. That is something hopefully you are aware enough to realize is a horrid argument in terms of some god concept being backed up.

I will answer your question. Fifth columnists and other deceivers usually don't do such stellar PR for the opposition. If the devil wrote the Bible, he has me 100% convinced that Jesus Christ died for me, rose for me, loves me and you, gives us salvation as a free gift, and is the answer for everything and all things. Why if the devil hates Jesus does he keep saying in the Bible Jesus is love and destroys the works of Satan?

24-02-2016, 02:57 PM
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Are you American? Italian American? Do you speak Italian with fluency? How long has your family been in America? The Jewish people were prophesied to remain a distinct, chosen people. Like Christ, a light to the world. Like Christ, hated without a reasonable cause. And then brought back to their land after 2,000 years to a divided capital city of Jews and Gentiles, also prophesied!

Q, I ask again: do you understand what the phrase "self-fulfilling prophecy" means?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-02-2016, 02:58 PM
(23-02-2016 12:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 09:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All the citations would be Bible quotes--Jesus healed, the rabbis accused Jesus of being satanic, onlookers made comments.

Ah, then you have no real citations. Might as well cite Moby-Dick or Ulysses as the Bible.

This is the best you could do q??? Really?? And you wonder why no one is being converted by you? You can't even give one thing to back up your claims?
24-02-2016, 03:09 PM
(24-02-2016 02:58 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  This is the best you could do q???

It's the best he has ever done.

Q does not understand the idea of circular logic. All of his arguments eventually boil down to "the Bible said it, and therefore it is true". He has nothing more than this. He has never had anything more than this. He is incapable of anything more than this, because every time that he tries to reach for real-world sources to back up his nonsense claims, he runs face-first into cold, hard reality.

This is something of a recurring theme with Christian proselytizers.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
24-02-2016, 04:10 PM
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 10:15 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That's a "prophecy"? Give me a break! That's no better than telling a child that he will have friends and enemies, and sometimes he'll be sick and sometimes he won't be. Well, duh! Tell me something that everyone doesn't already know.

Grasshopper,

You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Except you grossly overstate this. Many people married out and left the Jewish community, many married in and joined. The DNA of modern Jews is quite mixed with other populations, many descendants of Jews not only are well assimilated, but don't even know that they have Jewish ancestors. We have such a person her on this forum.

So, while there was a core of Jewish practice and culture, it was not as monolithic as you imply.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]