Was Mary asked to come get Jesus for being mad

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
24-02-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: was marry asked to come get Jesus for being mad
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 10:15 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That's a "prophecy"? Give me a break! That's no better than telling a child that he will have friends and enemies, and sometimes he'll be sick and sometimes he won't be. Well, duh! Tell me something that everyone doesn't already know.

Once again, the only "fulfilled prophecies" are in your imagination.

Grasshopper,

You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Are you American? Italian American? Do you speak Italian with fluency? How long has your family been in America? The Jewish people were prophesied to remain a distinct, chosen people. Like Christ, a light to the world. Like Christ, hated without a reasonable cause. And then brought back to their land after 2,000 years to a divided capital city of Jews and Gentiles, also prophesied!

You're joking with me, right?

No, I'm not joking, and no, it doesn't say anything nearly as specific as what you are claiming. You're presenting vague statements that could be considered "fulfilled" no matter what happened, and claiming that they are "prophecies". You are the one who's joking, although maybe not intentionally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-02-2016, 04:18 PM
(11-02-2016 01:14 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I read somewhere that Jesus family was asked to come get him because he was suspected to be mentally I'll. I've tried to find more on this but with no luck. So anyone know anything about this? Thanks

I believe without looking it up that that is in the story of the wedding in Cana. Where he did the water into wine trick. SOme say that that was Jesus' wedding when he married Magdeline.
25-02-2016, 10:15 AM
(24-02-2016 02:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Are you American? Italian American? Do you speak Italian with fluency? How long has your family been in America? The Jewish people were prophesied to remain a distinct, chosen people. Like Christ, a light to the world. Like Christ, hated without a reasonable cause. And then brought back to their land after 2,000 years to a divided capital city of Jews and Gentiles, also prophesied!

Q, I ask again: do you understand what the phrase "self-fulfilling prophecy" means?

Yes, I do. You are saying that the Jewish people self-fulfilled prophecy to:

* create a Messiah figure worshipped worldwide by many Gentiles
* arrange for Palestine to be relatively uninhabited for millennia to ease their return
* become the cream of each nation to where they scattered and also hated in every nation where they were scattered--this last would make THEM responsible for the Inquisition and the Holocaust and would be an extremely vile anti-Semetic bit of hate speech if you believe this
* Etc.

They are pretty darn tootin' good at self-fulfilling prophecy, we would say.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2016, 10:18 AM
(24-02-2016 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Grasshopper,

You are joking with me in your last post? Most displaced persons/nations assimilate. The Jewish people retained Hebrew, culture, dress, tradition and were persecuted in 100 nations for 2,000 years in addition to, as the prophecy says, being the very intelligentsia everywhere!

Except you grossly overstate this. Many people married out and left the Jewish community, many married in and joined. The DNA of modern Jews is quite mixed with other populations, many descendants of Jews not only are well assimilated, but don't even know that they have Jewish ancestors. We have such a person her on this forum.

So, while there was a core of Jewish practice and culture, it was not as monolithic as you imply.

Of course, Jews as well as Gentiles became born again, and born again Jews usually were ushered out of their villages and assimilated and intermarried... however, the prophecies all remain regarding a Jewish state of Israel and all else I've mentioned to date.

Israel is as Jewish as the Bible prophesied it would be and to say those folks are "not really Jews" would be anti-Semitic hate speech... I know you would not go there so let's stay on course... the Bible has significant, abiding prophecies that authenticate divine authorship.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
25-02-2016, 10:19 AM
(24-02-2016 04:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Grasshopper,

No, I'm not joking, and no, it doesn't say anything nearly as specific as what you are claiming. You're presenting vague statements that could be considered "fulfilled" no matter what happened, and claiming that they are "prophecies". You are the one who's joking, although maybe not intentionally.

I see. Perhaps you will be able to cite some Bible verses that underlie the vague nature of my claims. Please post them here.

25-02-2016, 10:27 AM
(25-02-2016 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 04:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, I'm not joking, and no, it doesn't say anything nearly as specific as what you are claiming. You're presenting vague statements that could be considered "fulfilled" no matter what happened, and claiming that they are "prophecies". You are the one who's joking, although maybe not intentionally.

I see. Perhaps you will be able to cite some Bible verses that underlie the vague nature of my claims. Please post them here.

What are you talking about? The claims you have made right here on this forum are as vague as a horoscope or a fortune cookie, and as worthy of respect. If you think Biblical prophecies in general are any better than that, it's up to you (not me) to provide examples. Every one you have proposed so far has been a spectacular fail -- and has been shown to be so by numerous people on the forum. I'm not wasting my precious time reinventing the wheel or doing your homework for you.
25-02-2016, 10:28 AM
(24-02-2016 02:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 12:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't, but I can point to actual christians who have stated they do believe it.

It's just a contrast to your proclaimed truth understanding of the reality vs theirs. How do you know that isn't the case of the devil? Your case is that demons/thedevil do deceive but couldn't do something like heal the blind in attempt to still deceive. Your basis for that is just unsound. It claims the jews lore believes it... well what was their basis for "knowing" that? all it is based on is speculation.

We also know Most people in most cultures had no clue what actually caused illness or what caused lightning/natural disasters nor knew how to determine accurate statistical trajectories to advanced complex levels... so? That's not any solid argument to believe something is ingrained to solid truth. That is something hopefully you are aware enough to realize is a horrid argument in terms of some god concept being backed up.

I will answer your question. Fifth columnists and other deceivers usually don't do such stellar PR for the opposition. If the devil wrote the Bible, he has me 100% convinced that Jesus Christ died for me, rose for me, loves me and you, gives us salvation as a free gift, and is the answer for everything and all things. Why if the devil hates Jesus does he keep saying in the Bible Jesus is love and destroys the works of Satan?

It's sad you're willing to be so manipulated and convinced. And seem proud of that. So much down to what you think God likes and wants can be tricked by the devil. Perhaps the true god doesn't actually want to be "worshiped" and believed in or express love. If the devil did write the bible and make prophecies come true. The basis for what god may want isn't in the bible. All that could be a backwards image

And disbelievers of this book and action might be the people God rewards in the end of their lives.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-02-2016, 10:29 AM
(25-02-2016 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 04:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, I'm not joking, and no, it doesn't say anything nearly as specific as what you are claiming. You're presenting vague statements that could be considered "fulfilled" no matter what happened, and claiming that they are "prophecies". You are the one who's joking, although maybe not intentionally.

That's not the way it works. You must support your claims with specific information.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-02-2016, 10:31 AM
(25-02-2016 10:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except you grossly overstate this. Many people married out and left the Jewish community, many married in and joined. The DNA of modern Jews is quite mixed with other populations, many descendants of Jews not only are well assimilated, but don't even know that they have Jewish ancestors. We have such a person her on this forum.

So, while there was a core of Jewish practice and culture, it was not as monolithic as you imply.

Of course, Jews as well as Gentiles became born again, and born again Jews usually were ushered out of their villages and assimilated and intermarried... however, the prophecies all remain regarding a Jewish state of Israel and all else I've mentioned to date.

Israel is as Jewish as the Bible prophesied it would be and to say those folks are "not really Jews" would be anti-Semitic hate speech... I know you would not go there so let's stay on course...

And yet, you bring it up. Nothing I said even implies that idea, so this is just more of your passive-aggressive bullshit.

You really are a slimeball.

Quote:the Bible has significant, abiding prophecies that authenticate divine authorship.

The the modern state of Israel is nothing like what the Bible describes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
25-02-2016, 10:57 AM
(25-02-2016 10:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I do. You are saying that the Jewish people self-fulfilled prophecy to:

<snip>

No. Read my posts before responding, and do not put words in my mouth.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post