Was Nazi ideology racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2013, 06:44 AM
RE: Was Nazi ideology racist?
(14-05-2013 06:20 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The "Latin Races", and the Slavs, were equally considered to be of inferior stock. Hitler, due to a misunderstanding of contemporary archaeological thinking, believed that Germans and certain Indian peoples were descended from the same "Aryan" stock. Hence his interest in them. He did not invade India at that time because, oh you know, things like logistics? And the fact that India belonged to Great Britain, who were right next door to Germany and would need to be dealt with first. The Russians, too, in addition to being of the "Slavic race", were also Communists, which made them double un-good. And in case you forgot, Hitler did invade Africa.

Do you even history? Idiot.

Hey stuipid fuck

Hitler sent relatively small forces to Africa, mainly to help the Italians.

It doesn't really matter what Nazi Ideology believed was a race or not, the fact is they (white europeans) spent the overwhelming amount of their resources on invading and attacking other white european peoples, didn't you read history? Helping Spain and Italy, again doesn't help prove that nazis thought other europeans were inferior races either.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Nazi ideology was any more racist than the brittish empire, the french colonial power, the belgians that controlled the Congo etc etc etc. I believe that nazi germany was just as racist as any other european industrial nation, but because of competition (war) weren't able to become a large colony holding empire, like the british were.

Do you believe the british empire was less racist than nazi germany?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2013, 06:45 AM
(14-05-2013 06:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 06:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The Axis forces did pretty well for themselves in North Africa, if I remember correctly.

Only briefly. They got their asses kicked pretty hard.

"The Axis forces surrendered on 13 May 1943 yielding over 275,000 prisoners of war. This huge loss of experienced troops greatly reduced the military capacity of the Axis powers, although the largest percentage of Axis troops escaped Tunisia. This defeat in Africa led to all Italian colonies in Africa being captured."

Still, while brief, they dun good.

At least the Germans dun good. Not entirely certain that the Italians were all that helpful to the Germans...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
14-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Arguing that the British are racist is one thing. Arguing that the Nazis weren't racist is another.

And if you can't see the difference between the British being dicks to the Indians, and Hitler slaughtering Jews and Gypsies by the million, then that just goes to show what a fucking dunce you are.

Oh wait, I forgot, the Holocaust didn't happen, right?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
14-05-2013, 07:33 AM
(14-05-2013 06:44 AM)I and I Wrote:  Hey stuipid fuck

Ever heard about Rommel I and I? Rommel who commanded a huge army of german tanks against a certain General Montgomery? Doesn't sound low-budget to me.
14-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Was Nazi ideology racist?
(14-05-2013 07:23 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Arguing that the British are racist is one thing. Arguing that the Nazis weren't racist is another.

And if you can't see the difference between the British being dicks to the Indians, and Hitler slaughtering Jews and Gypsies by the million, then that just goes to show what a fucking dunce you are.

Oh wait, I forgot, the Holocaust didn't happen, right?

What the fuck are you talking about? Why can't I believe both were extremely racist? And who is arguing that nazis weren't racist? And who the fuck is saying that a holocaust during ww2 didn't happen? The Chinese and Russians would be offended at such stupid claims.
14-05-2013, 08:29 AM
(14-05-2013 06:44 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 06:20 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The "Latin Races", and the Slavs, were equally considered to be of inferior stock. Hitler, due to a misunderstanding of contemporary archaeological thinking, believed that Germans and certain Indian peoples were descended from the same "Aryan" stock. Hence his interest in them. He did not invade India at that time because, oh you know, things like logistics? And the fact that India belonged to Great Britain, who were right next door to Germany and would need to be dealt with first. The Russians, too, in addition to being of the "Slavic race", were also Communists, which made them double un-good. And in case you forgot, Hitler did invade Africa.

Do you even history? Idiot.

Hey stuipid fuck

It doesn't really matter what Nazi Ideology believed was a race or not, the fact is they (white europeans) spent the overwhelming amount of their resources on invading and attacking other white european peoples, didn't you read history? Helping Spain and Italy, again doesn't help prove that nazis thought other europeans were inferior races either.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Nazi ideology was any more racist than the brittish empire, the french colonial power, the belgians that controlled the Congo etc etc etc. I believe that nazi germany was just as racist as any other european industrial nation, but because of competition (war) weren't able to become a large colony holding empire, like the british were.

Of course the 'white Europeans' spent a lot of their time fighting each other! The fact that they were white probably meant very little to them, rather their homelands were being invaded.

Hitler didn't really care about the Slavs, he cared about getting the East as his territory. Why should he have cared? Those Slavs weren't Aryan after all, anyone not Aryan was simply Untermensch, sub-human, they would serve their German superiors or be displaced out of Europe and the Reich.

As for the British Empire being racist, yes, I will grant to you that it was, but not quite in the same way the Third Reich was.

14-05-2013, 08:53 AM
(14-05-2013 08:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 06:44 AM)I and I Wrote:  Hey stuipid fuck

Of course the 'white Europeans' spent a lot of their time fighting each other! The fact that they were white probably meant very little to them, rather their homelands were being invaded.

Hitler didn't really care about the Slavs, he cared about getting the East as his territory. Why should he have cared? Those Slavs weren't Aryan after all, anyone not Aryan was simply Untermensch, sub-human, they would serve their German superiors or be displaced out of Europe and the Reich.

As for the British Empire being racist, yes, I will grant to you that it was, but not quite in the same way the Third Reich was.

Obviously their racism was different, the Nazis' apparently viewed other europeans as of a different race and therefore expressed their anger and hate towards them as for the British, they viewed people that weren't european/white as inferior. Of course both ideologies are made up bullshit. From the classical view of "race" the nazis would have a hard time fitting the description of racist, considering they mainly targeted other white europeans for hatred and mass murder. The classical view of "race" is more in line with skin color. Keep in mind the very idea of "race" is completely made up (by colonial powers) and has no scientific definition.
14-05-2013, 09:42 AM
(14-05-2013 12:09 AM)I and I Wrote:  Was Nazi ideology racist?

Still is.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post
15-05-2013, 07:39 PM
(14-05-2013 08:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  Obviously their racism was different, the Nazis' apparently viewed other europeans as of a different race and therefore expressed their anger and hate towards them as for the British, they viewed people that weren't european/white as inferior. Of course both ideologies are made up bullshit. From the classical view of "race" the nazis would have a hard time fitting the description of racist, considering they mainly targeted other white europeans for hatred and mass murder. The classical view of "race" is more in line with skin color. Keep in mind the very idea of "race" is completely made up (by colonial powers) and has no scientific definition.

Are you for real?

Racism isn't just skin colour, dude. It's defined as much by language and culture - and always was, seeing as the idea of racism is older than the idea of people with different skin colours! Also - ever heard the old saying, "Africa begins at the Pyrenees/Appenines/Channel", depending on who's saying it? Northern Europeans considered (if they were of the racist sort) everybody else to be a different race - and every other race to be inferior. That's the tradition Nazism grew out of. It's not like they pulled it entirely out of their asses. There ARE three main language groups in Europe to this day (Germanic, Romance, Slavic).

Hitler wanted to go east and kill all the Slavs. That was the entire Nazi game plan. So they started with Poland (which is, you'll notice, the closest Slavic country to Germany, and its immediate eastern neighbour). The UK and France then declared war on Germany, not the other way around. The Nazis were actually surprised at how hard the British fought them (they never wanted that war), given that they were mostly good Germanic people themselves - some Celtic contamination, but that was forgiveable...

The 'occult' thing was mostly Himmler's idea. Hitler didn't give a shit.

And yes, the Nazis also hated other peoples. But they weren't exactly in a position to do anything about it, on the whole... When you're fighting a land war, you kinda have to start with the countries beside you. Go look up the treatment of French African PoWs, though, if you're so inclined. When the Nazis had the chance, they acted like - well, Nazis.
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-05-2013, 07:56 PM
(15-05-2013 07:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 08:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  Obviously their racism was different, the Nazis' apparently viewed other europeans as of a different race and therefore expressed their anger and hate towards them as for the British, they viewed people that weren't european/white as inferior. Of course both ideologies are made up bullshit. From the classical view of "race" the nazis would have a hard time fitting the description of racist, considering they mainly targeted other white europeans for hatred and mass murder. The classical view of "race" is more in line with skin color. Keep in mind the very idea of "race" is completely made up (by colonial powers) and has no scientific definition.

Are you for real?

Racism isn't just skin colour, dude. It's defined as much by language and culture - and always was, seeing as the idea of racism is older than the idea of people with different skin colours! Also - ever heard the old saying, "Africa begins at the Pyrenees/Appenines/Channel", depending on who's saying it? Northern Europeans considered (if they were of the racist sort) everybody else to be a different race - and every other race to be inferior. That's the tradition Nazism grew out of. It's not like they pulled it entirely out of their asses. There ARE three main language groups in Europe to this day (Germanic, Romance, Slavic).

Hitler wanted to go east and kill all the Slavs. That was the entire Nazi game plan. So they started with Poland (which is, you'll notice, the closest Slavic country to Germany, and its immediate eastern neighbour). The UK and France then declared war on Germany, not the other way around. The Nazis were actually surprised at how hard the British fought them (they never wanted that war), given that they were mostly good Germanic people themselves - some Celtic contamination, but that was forgiveable...

The 'occult' thing was mostly Himmler's idea. Hitler didn't give a shit.

And yes, the Nazis also hated other peoples. But they weren't exactly in a position to do anything about it, on the whole... When you're fighting a land war, you kinda have to start with the countries beside you. Go look up the treatment of French African PoWs, though, if you're so inclined. When the Nazis had the chance, they acted like - well, Nazis.

Just want to point out: As far as I was taught, Hitler considered the Slavs inferior, but not worth death, he considered them worth of being slaves to the Reich and Aryans, if they resisted, of course they would be forced into labour or killed, but slaughter did not seem to be the original plan so much as enslavement.
He did however consider Jews and Gypsies unworthy of life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anime and Nazi Imagery BrokenQuill92 7 831 27-08-2013 06:11 AM
Last Post: Gaest