Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?
Yes, I saw this also earlier today. Very curious. I'd like to believe the worst about Trump, so I'm going to try to hold my opinions until we get more information. Definitely looks bad though.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2016, 10:23 AM
(01-11-2016 09:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks said as much: “First of all, it’s not a secret server. The email server, set up for marketing purposes and operated by a third-party, has not been used since 2010. The current traffic on the server from Alphabank’s [sic] IP address is regular DNS server traffic – not email traffic.” - theguardian

I don't think that means what she thinks it means. Regular DNS traffic between Alfa Bank and Russian IP addresses is far more suspicious than some emails easily dismissed as spam or junk. Every internet transaction generates DNS traffic. The "regular DNS traffic" indicates ongoing transactions between the IP addresses. She pretty much just admitted guilt.

Girly, I’m counting on you to decipher this since I don’t know the difference between a DNS and a PMS.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
(01-11-2016 09:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks said as much: “First of all, it’s not a secret server. The email server, set up for marketing purposes and operated by a third-party, has not been used since 2010. The current traffic on the server from Alphabank’s [sic] IP address is regular DNS server traffic – not email traffic.” - theguardian

I don't think that means what she thinks it means. Regular DNS traffic between Alfa Bank and Russian IP addresses is far more suspicious than some emails easily dismissed as spam or junk. Every internet transaction generates DNS traffic. The "regular DNS traffic" indicates ongoing transactions between the IP addresses. She pretty much just admitted guilt.
Agreed. There are many ways to communicate electronically and, if one had a mind to do so secretly, email would not be the method.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm open and would not be surprised either way.

I think Putin is a cunning, clever, and calculated leader though. A shady deal with trump just seems too unwise.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
01-11-2016, 01:53 PM
(01-11-2016 01:41 PM)bemore Wrote:  I'm open and would not be surprised either way.

I think Putin is a cunning, clever, and calculated leader though. A shady deal with trump just seems too unwise.

I think Putin is quite capable of leading Trump into a false sense of security. Quite capable of spotting Trump's egoistical weaknesses and playing them like a harp.

It may not be a "shady deal" as such but it would never be in America's favour.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
01-11-2016, 09:30 PM
(31-10-2016 11:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-10-2016 10:33 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The hosting site does some odd things with direct linking. Not sure why. Punch "Slate Trump server" into Google and it comes up amonst the top hits. Here's an overview from The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...ate-report

Looks like a lot of nothing.

Thanks for the link.

I suppose we could also say looks like a lot of nothing on the Weiner files so far.

That would be the most accurate way to describe the non-event. Thumbsup Aside from the possibility that a certain FBI director may be a wee bit too partisan for his own good.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.