Was my dream a preminition?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Was my dream a preminition?
I am on a boat with several friends, when the boat is hi-jacked by al-Queda. A few friends of mine and myself manage to escape by tricking the hijackers, but when we find refuge in some land area we ended in a place that survives entirely on the trash people flush out - similar to the mutant land in Futurama. I am starving, and all they have to eat is books that they burn to a crisp (for taste). So I decide to take initiative, and one of my friends and I go out looking for actual food in the wilderness. We find trees that produce MASSIVE fruits, including watermelon and mangoes. I also project that we try to boil the water that they currently drink (which is nastily contaminated by sewage) to make clean water.

I didn't actually get any farther than that because I was awoken by my mother coming home from work, but... this sounds pretty crazy, no to mention hella fucking realistic.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 02:30 PM

RE: Was my dream a preminition?
I think that you dream toys with the borderline between premonition and educated guess. Tongue

Premonition (scientifically-psychologically, not hocus-pocus wise) is an intuitive derivate of a sum of meta-cognitive processes that the person who experiences it is unaware of.

You know some facts and your senses perceive some stimuli. During REM, those are categorized into "folders and boxes" called schemas. The dreams we see are more or less associated with the boxes that are opened and reshuffled in order to add more information inside them.

It's not really weird that you dreamed of a holocaust, survival and difficult living conditions. This is the pathway humanity is treading on to start with. The conclusion is inescapable. Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 03:27 PM
As far as I know something about dreams:
Dreams are thing you encounter at day but you cant give it enough attention. At night, your subconsciousness brings it back up for further processing combining almost all the things to an indistinguishable goop...

Are there any features in you dream you could have seen during the day?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
13-05-2011, 08:56 PM
(13-05-2011 03:27 PM)The_observer Wrote:  As far as I know something about dreams:
Dreams are thing you encounter at day but you cant give it enough attention. At night, your subconsciousness brings it back up for further processing combining almost all the things to an indistinguishable goop...

Are there any features in you dream you could have seen during the day?

The night before the dream I was doing research on al Qaeda, otherwise nothing bears any resemblance to anything that happened to me recently.

Fight the system,

14-05-2011, 12:49 AM
It doesn't really have to happen, just a brief view on a newspaper might be enough...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I listen to a lot of music that is about like nuclear holocausts and things of that nature, Megadeth, The Faceless, Slayer, etc. Perhaps that could attribute to this?

Fight the system,

14-05-2011, 02:19 PM
(14-05-2011 01:08 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  I listen to a lot of music that is about like nuclear holocausts and things of that nature, Megadeth, The Faceless, Slayer, etc. Perhaps that could attribute to this?
Could be...
depends on the lyrics...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
14-05-2011, 04:03 PM
It is funny how the brain works sometimes, Its like when I spend too much time playing a videogame, I had a dream once about hellish hordes invading earth after LHC experiments went wrong Big Grin, but that was because I was playing Doom 3 before I went to bed, which has a similar plot, about teleportation experiments that went wrong and opened a gateway to hell in Mars.

In my dream I mixed sci-fi elements with real life elements like the LHC and the almost world-wide panic about that. During that time, I played Doom 3 a lot but also I was doing some research about the physics behind LHC experiments which resulted into a combination of LHC and opening a gateway to hell lol. As I said before, It is funny how your mind can trick you into believing that dreams are premonitions, It also depends on your worries about loved ones, money, and your life in general.

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2011, 11:57 PM
(14-05-2011 02:19 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(14-05-2011 01:08 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  I listen to a lot of music that is about like nuclear holocausts and things of that nature, Megadeth, The Faceless, Slayer, etc. Perhaps that could attribute to this?
Could be...
depends on the lyrics...

Megadeth - Rust in Peace ...Polaris

Tremble you weaklings, cower in fear
I am your ruler, land, sea and air
Immense in my girth, erect I stand tall
I am a nuclear murderer I am Polaris

Ready to pounce at the touch of a button
My system locked in on military gluttons
I rule on land, air and sea
Pass judgement on humanity
Winds blow from the bowels of hell
Will we give warning, only time will tell
Satan rears his ugly head, to spit into the wind

[Chorus]
I spread disease like a dog
Discharge my payload a mile high
Rotten egg air of death wrestles your nostrils
I spread disease like a dog
Discharge my payload a mile high
Rotten egg air of death wrestles your nostrils
Launch the Polaris, the end doesn't scare us
When will this cease
The warheads will all rust in peace!

Bomb shelters filled to the brim
Survival such a silly whim
World leaders sell missiles cheap
Your stomach turns, your flesh creeps
I rule on land, air and sea
Pass judgement on humanity
Winds blow from the bowels of hell
Will we give warning, only time will tell

[Chorus]

High priest of holocaust, fire from the sea
Nuclear winter spreading disease
The day of final conflict
All pay the price
The third world war
Rapes peace, takes life
Back to the start, talk of the part
When the earth was cold as ice
Total dismay as the sun passed away
And the days where black as night

[Chorus]

Eradication of Earth's
Population loves Polaris (x4)

Fight the system,

16-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Now you made me look up what polaris means Smile

Well given the nature of the lyrics, it is not hard to imagine you start dreaming of mutations and post-apocalyptic landscapes. Do you follow the news on the refugees stranding at Lampedusa?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weird dream diary Wicked Clown 33 307 30-07-2014 01:59 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Another cool dream Percepticon 1 225 24-11-2012 06:39 PM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  Strange/epic dream I had Cetaceaphile 19 1,294 30-12-2010 05:44 PM
Last Post: UnderTheMicroscope