Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 04:53 AM
(23-04-2016 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 05:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's funny that the type of folks here who argued that we don't know whether other animals have contemplated their existence, where they came from, seem to confidently assert that infants lack a belief.

Those are entirely unrelated issues.

Consistency question number 2:

Do we know whether infants are able to contemplate their existence, where they can from, unlike other animals for whom we claim don't know?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(24-04-2016 04:53 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Those are entirely unrelated issues.

Do we know whether infants are able to contemplate their existence, where they can from, unlike other animals for whom we claim don't know?

Do you think dolphins have a god?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-04-2016, 05:27 AM
(24-04-2016 04:53 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Those are entirely unrelated issues.

Earlier in this thread you have claimed that chimpsnsees have religion and babies are self aware from birth. It has been explained that in both cases where you provided links to support your position there has been statements that we "dont know" if this is the case (that there may be indications but for sure not enough conclusive evidence).
What is your position now?

Otherwise i dont see how you can say "we".

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-04-2016, 05:29 AM
(24-04-2016 05:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 04:53 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Consistency question number 2:

Earlier in this thread you have claimed that chimpsnsees have religion and babies are self aware from birth. It has been explained that in both cases where you provided links to support your position there has been statements that we "dont know" if this is the case (that there may be indications but for sure not enough conclusive evidence).

It's other here who claim that all infants are atheist, that they lack a belief in God, rather than taking the position that we don't know one way or the other. I'm just calling them out on this.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-04-2016, 05:31 AM
(24-04-2016 05:29 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Earlier in this thread you have claimed that chimpsnsees have religion and babies are self aware from birth. It has been explained that in both cases where you provided links to support your position there has been statements that we "dont know" if this is the case (that there may be indications but for sure not enough conclusive evidence).

It's other here who claim that all infants are atheist, that they lack a belief in God, rather than taking the position that we don't know one way or the other. I'm just calling them out on this.

So, which God?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
24-04-2016, 05:31 AM
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:29 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's other here who claim that all infants are atheist, that they lack a belief in God, rather than taking the position that we don't know one way or the other. I'm just calling them out on this.

So, which God?

The generic one.

24-04-2016, 05:32 AM
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So, which God?

The generic one.

Who created this generic god?

Banjo.
24-04-2016, 05:35 AM
(24-04-2016 05:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The generic one.

Who created this generic god?

Why would we assume it was created?

24-04-2016, 05:37 AM
(24-04-2016 05:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who created this generic god?

Why would we assume it was created?

To assume is to make an ass out of u and me.

Banjo.
24-04-2016, 05:46 AM
(22-04-2016 08:57 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The Case for Chimpanzee Religion
Boom. Drops the mic.

First line of the link.

"Do chimpanzees engage in religious behaviors? To date this question remains unanswered."

Signs of morning or repeating practices in the more intuitive species such as Elephants or Chimps, and the like don't have any baring if they believe in a god or not. Nor do I feel it can be used to say they have a religious practice.

If so dose the salmon returning to it's nesting ground every year only to die a religious practice? Migration of sea turtles, birds and the like are these due to a "higher power" guiding them or is it part of their nature?
Both.

Why do people always assume that nature and the course there of isn't the product of a creative force?