Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(23-04-2016 01:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  prove that an infant is an atheist and not agnostic.
Clearly you have no idea the relationship between agnostic and atheist: Atheism/theism is a matter of belief and agnostic/gnostic is a matter of knowledge.

Babies lack a belief in god therefor they are atheist because...

(23-04-2016 01:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  give me a name of an infant who ever said this: I REJECT a belief that there is God/gods.
Verbally rejecting a belief in god is not required to make one an atheist, simply a lack of belief will do it. You need to start arguing from something better than your own profound stupidity.

(23-04-2016 01:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  Then I will admit that I am wrong.
You are wrong whether you admit it or not lol

(23-04-2016 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  your Russian and Ukrainian are worse than my English
Possibly, but I'm not on a Russian forum talking to Russian speakers trying to make points in Russian and acting superior now am I you shithead? Your point also fails to distract me from the little ol' fact you didn't deal with the actual criticism you cowardly little snake.

Your wrong, and you are almost ALWAYS wrong. Demonstrably so.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 10:29 AM
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So, which God?

The generic one.
Bahahah go fuck your self Tom, tell me what the "generic god" was like in Mesopotamia around 8 thousand years ago and then tell me what it's like in Scandinavia 1500 years ago and lets see how generic it is.

Gods below your an idiot.

24-04-2016, 10:34 AM
(24-04-2016 08:31 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wt-?

All is of nature, nature and the laws that bind it are the product of a creative force.

That's all. I mentioned no particular deity.
Yes but we know that's what your trying to slip into the conversation when you say "creative force" because we have read your other posts you fuck wit. Conversation doesn't happen in a vacuum you dolt, we all know what your actual position is you shifty fuck.

24-04-2016, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 12:45 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(24-04-2016 09:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, not really. Don't conflate the limitless knowledge of a singular creative force with the very very limited knowledge and or understanding of man. The bible and other religious texts are for moral guidance and the peaceable advancement of man and aren't here to explain away the musings of man in relation to the workings of the physical world. I find it odd how people want everything explained and hard lines drawn, yet still want freedom. Sorry I can't direct you towards the verses you seek. All does go along a preordained path though. Man seems to be the only entity or object with freedom to deviate from this path.

Peace

How is it that Christians claim that their bible asserts that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22) and that it hangs in space (Job 26:7), that the stars emit radio waves (Job 38:7), that the earth rotates (Luke 17:34–36) and the trade winds exist (Ecclesiastes 1:6) but not once even mention the force of gravity?

Surely something that without its existence, mankind (your god's creation) would not exist warranted a mention at the very least?
I can't explain why people can make connections with the things you have stated but not gravity. If there was no pull towards mass in relation to its density then surely we would be wholly different physically, but perhaps not intellectually. The texts are definitely more so centered around the mind and spirit, and not the physical. I don't see the connections you mentioned so no mention of gravity in the Bible isn't strange to me. I understand that though the writing where inspired by GOD, they are still limited to the cognitive levels of man. The Qur'an may speak of gravity in some way. Not sure. I actually enjoyed that question and am genuinely curious if it is mentioned in the Qur'an.

21:30. Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were one mass all closed up, then We rent them apart. And it is from water that We created all life. Will they not believe.

41:9. Say, ‘Would you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two aeons? And do you set up compeers with Him?’ He alone is the Lord of the worlds.

41:10. He placed therein firm mountains rising above and showered it with His blessings and placed in it various provisions according to a set measure, all those who require them have equal rights in four aeons.

41:11. Again, He directed Himself towards the space. Behold! It was a mass of gas. Said to it and to the earth, ‘Come both of you willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We obey you with all our will.’

79:27. Are you harder to be created or the heaven? He has made it. 79:28. He has raised the height thereof, and has made it flawlessly perfect and well-balanced. 79:29. And He gave darkness to its night, and brought forth the morn thereof. 79:30. And along with it He hurled the earth away and spread it forth.

34:3. And those who disbelieve say, ‘The Hour will never come upon us.’ Say, ‘Why not, by my Lord, who knows the unseen, it is bound to come upon you. Nothing escapes Him, not even so much as an atom’s weight in the heavens or in the earth, nor is anything there smaller or greater than that in a book revealing.

Just interesting stuff. Not gravity exactly.

Peace
(24-04-2016 09:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, not really. Don't conflate the limitless knowledge of a singular creative force with the very very limited knowledge and or understanding of man. The bible and other religious texts are for moral guidance and the peaceable advancement of man and aren't here to explain away the musings of man in relation to the workings of the physical world. I find it odd how people want everything explained and hard lines drawn, yet still want freedom. Sorry I can't direct you towards the verses you seek. All does go along a preordained path though. Man seems to be the only entity or object with freedom to deviate from this path.

Peace

How is it that Christians claim that their bible asserts that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22) and that it hangs in space (Job 26:7), that the stars emit radio waves (Job 38:7), that the earth rotates (Luke 17:34–36) and the trade winds exist (Ecclesiastes 1:6) but not once even mention the force of gravity?

Surely something that without its existence, mankind (your god's creation) would not exist warranted a mention at the very least?
24-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(24-04-2016 08:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  you are going on like nothing happened and keep on asserting BS in the form of questions and will back up like the coward your are once somebody will call you out on this.

Q was mad, and so is Alla, but at least they have more balls than you.
I can't even remember the number of threads the lil' shit has completely bailed on when me or someone else has hemmed him into a corner, or obliterated his idiot stance.

It's just how he operates.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 10:43 AM
(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The bible and other religious texts are for moral guidance and the peaceable advancement of man
Clearly you have never read the Bible than. Oh please explain to me how selling your daughter to her rapist is "moral guidance" or how it "peacefully advances man"? How does all the calls for genocide accomplish peace?

You're a fucking idiot.

(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  and aren't here to explain away the musings of man in relation to the workings of the physical world.
Accept that it tries to do exactly that multiple times. You should actually get around to reading the book you fuckwit.

(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I find it odd how people want everything explained and hard lines drawn, yet still want freedom.
This makes no sense whatsoever. Having the workings of reality explained in no way would hinder freedom at all, when I pick up a board game and I read the rules I'm still free you idiot.

(24-04-2016 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Man seems to be the only entity or object with freedom to deviate from this path.
Than deviate from your chosen path and shut the fuck up.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:23 AM
(24-04-2016 10:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How is it that Christians claim that their bible asserts that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22) and that it hangs in space (Job 26:7), that the stars emit radio waves (Job 38:7), that the earth rotates (Luke 17:34–36) and the trade winds exist (Ecclesiastes 1:6) but not once even mention the force of gravity?

I can't explain why people can make connections with the things you have stated but not gravity. If there was no pull towards mass in relation to its density then surely we would be wholly different physically, but perhaps not intellectually. The texts are definitely more so centered around the mind and spirit, and not the physical. I don't see the connections you mentioned so no mention of gravity in the Bible isn't strange to me. I understand that though the writing where inspired by GOD, they are still limited to the cognitive levels of man. The Qur'an may speak of gravity in some way. Not sure. I actually enjoyed that question and am genuinely curious if it is mentioned in the Qur'an.

21:30. Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were one mass all closed up, then We rent them apart. And it is from water that We created all life. Will they not believe.

41:9. Say, ‘Would you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two aeons? And do you set up compeers with Him?’ He alone is the Lord of the worlds.

41:10. He placed therein firm mountains rising above and showered it with His blessings and placed in it various provisions according to a set measure, all those who require them have equal rights in four aeons.

41:11. Again, He directed Himself towards the space. Behold! It was (like) a mass of gas. Said to it and to the earth, ‘Come both of you willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We obey you with all our will.’

79:27. Are you harder to be created or the heaven? He has made it. 79:28. He has raised the height thereof, and has made it flawlessly perfect and well-balanced. 79:29. And He gave darkness to its night, and brought forth the morn thereof. 79:30. And along with it He hurled the earth away and spread it forth.

34:3. And those who disbelieve say, ‘The Hour will never come upon us.’ Say, ‘Why not, by my Lord, who knows the unseen, it is bound to come upon you. Nothing escapes Him, not even so much as an atom’s weight in the heavens or in the earth, nor is anything there smaller or greater than that in a book revealing.

Peace
(24-04-2016 09:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How is it that Christians claim that their bible asserts that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22) and that it hangs in space (Job 26:7), that the stars emit radio waves (Job 38:7), that the earth rotates (Luke 17:34–36) and the trade winds exist (Ecclesiastes 1:6) but not once even mention the force of gravity?

Yo cuntrag.

Don't claim some nebulous cosmic deistic creative force is behind everything, then back that up with Bible verses. The 'god' of the Bible is a emotionally stunted, petulant little asshole of a man.

Defending deism with theism. You are a very special kind of stupid.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2016, 12:40 PM
(24-04-2016 11:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 10:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can't explain why people can make connections with the things you have stated but not gravity. If there was no pull towards mass in relation to its density then surely we would be wholly different physically, but perhaps not intellectually. The texts are definitely more so centered around the mind and spirit, and not the physical. I don't see the connections you mentioned so no mention of gravity in the Bible isn't strange to me. I understand that though the writing where inspired by GOD, they are still limited to the cognitive levels of man. The Qur'an may speak of gravity in some way. Not sure. I actually enjoyed that question and am genuinely curious if it is mentioned in the Qur'an.

41:11. Again, He directed Himself towards the space. Behold! It was (like) a mass of gas. Said to it and to the earth, ‘Come both of you willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We obey you with all our will.’

Peace

Yo cuntrag.

Don't claim some nebulous cosmic deistic creative force is behind everything, then back that up with Bible verses. The 'god' of the Bible is a emotionally stunted, petulant little asshole of a man.

Defending deism with theism. You are a very special kind of stupid.
Wow...anyway...I don't hate to break the news, but all peaceable scripture of all faiths indeed back up One Creator GOD. There are minor deviations of this through the fact that they are all written by men of varied amounts of Faith and/ or greed. This would apply even more so for translations and divisions. Though the inspired word of GOD, through the hands of man some has been contorted for the purpose of attainment. I don't expect you to agree or understand, but you can't honestly refute what you can't understand. The will of GOD has never changed. Cultures, societies, and times change. I can support One Creator GOD with any and every text of the faithful that I have read. Who are you to say not to?

A person has no place judging anything that they don't even believe in. I mean how does that even work logically?

So you hold some level of respect for a view of deism? Again strange how people attempt to limit the capacities of a thing that is without measure, and in cases, again, a thing that some don't believe in, and as such, cannot understand or respect.

Peace

Oh yeah; that was from the Qur'an.
24-04-2016, 12:53 PM
(24-04-2016 10:34 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 08:31 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wt-?

All is of nature, nature and the laws that bind it are the product of a creative force.

That's all. I mentioned no particular deity.
Yes but we know that's what your trying to slip into the conversation when you say "creative force" because we have read your other posts you fuck wit. Conversation doesn't happen in a vacuum you dolt, we all know what your actual position is you shifty fuck.
My position hasn't changed. Perhaps you could could actually state the shift you accuse me of.

Why don't you check one of the posts where I spoke of coming into Faith? You won't find any talk of a declaration that GOD specified any name or entity.

I partially prescribe to deism as all is ordained by GOD. However, obviously, I believe whole heartedly in personal revelation or the Word of GOD as well.

Pretty sure I actually started a thread on unifying attributes of coherent texts too.
But please do list my shiftiness in regards to my stance on GOD. Oh how that would shut me up.

Peace
24-04-2016, 01:10 PM
(24-04-2016 12:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My position hasn't changed. Perhaps you could could actually state the shift you accuse me of.

No, your position is the same and your reading comprehension is still practically nil. WD didn't say you had shifted your position but you are apparently too delusional to understand.

Quote:Why don't you check one of the posts where I spoke of coming into Faith? You won't find any talk of a declaration that GOD specified any name or entity.

Generic delusion is still delusion and, again, you are responding to a point that was not made.

Quote:I partially prescribe to deism as all is ordained by GOD. However, obviously, I believe whole heartedly in personal revelation or the Word of GOD as well.

Good for you. Now present evidence for any of your claims or understand that nobody here is going to take anything you say seriously. You are a walking advertisement for the fact that faith relies on ignorance.

Quote:Pretty sure I actually started a thread on unifying attributes of coherent texts too.

Yes, and you failed miserably in supporting that claim. All you do is pick and choose the parts you like and that you can "interpret" to mean what you already believe. It was pathetic.

Quote:But please do list my shiftiness in regards to my stance on GOD. Oh how that would shut me up.

Since that isn't what was said your challenge is pointless. It is apparent that nothing will actually shut you up... you just lay low for a short while and then start right back in with the same irrational nonsense as before.

You need help Pops. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post