Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(24-04-2016 05:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 02:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Mainly? The selfless conscience, or Christ consciousness, or Krishna consciousness, or the godhelm.
Oh lovely, one of the Spirit "science" cunts.
No, I have heard of spirit science though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 06:15 PM
(24-04-2016 02:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Mainly? The selfless conscience, or Christ consciousness, or Krishna consciousness, or the godhelm.

Mainly bullshit and delusion then.

(24-04-2016 02:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Also reading many books as opposed to focusing on one allows for comparison and additional verification of the validity of the other writings and the conscience.

Ahh. The pseudo-intellectual sideways insult, insinuating that I am only reading the bible, and that you yourself are much better read.

As a matter of fact, I do read other books. Other books written by scholars, biblical authorities, historians, philosophers. Some are by scientists and archeologists and experts in evolution and history.

But the funny thing is, when you read these books, they never verify the important parts of the bible. The miracles, the supernatural elements, nothing. They do point out and verify the many flaws, contradictions, inaccuracies, injustices, etc. though.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-04-2016, 06:22 PM
(24-04-2016 06:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Mainly bullshit and delusion then.

(24-04-2016 02:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Also reading many books as opposed to focusing on one allows for comparison and additional verification of the validity of the other writings and the conscience.

Ahh. The pseudo-intellectual sideways insult, insinuating that I am only reading the bible, and that you yourself are much better read.

As a matter of fact, I do read other books. Other books written by scholars, biblical authorities, historians, philosophers. Some are by scientists and archeologists and experts in evolution and history.

But the funny thing is, when you read these books, they never verify the important parts of the bible. The miracles, the supernatural elements, nothing. They do point out and verify the many flaws, contradictions, inaccuracies, injustices, etc. though.
No insult or insinuation of any sort intended. How would I know if you read all or none of them.

Sorry for the miscomunication.

How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion? You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?

Peace
24-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Pops.

You have never read the entire bible. I can tell.

So shut up. You have no clue.

And Whiskey is correct. Moses is a character derived from earlier characters, Mises and others such as Nemo.

You have possibly the least amount of knowledge regarding xianity of any xian poster here. Give it up. You won't convince anyone on an atheist site with such limited knowledge.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-04-2016, 06:42 PM
(24-04-2016 06:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pops.

And Whiskey is correct. Moses is a character derived from earlier characters, Mises and others such as Nemo.

You have possibly the least amount of knowledge regarding xianity of any xian poster here. Give it up. You won't convince anyone on an atheist site with such limited knowledge.
I generally read the bible daily. I don't think I have read it in entirety yet, but I may have. I don't read in linear order or keep place so it's hard to be certain. If I haven't read it all then it's real close.

I didn't read what whiskey stated but I do not refute that history repeats itself, though I doubt that was what he was claiming. He was most likely claiming the depiction of Moses to be a copy, much like y'all enjoy saying Jesus is a copy. Nothing new to see here. I have a very good general knowledge of the guidance and morality set forth in the Bible though I cannot recite much without it in front of me.

And if I am unknowledgeable about scripture compared to those here then why not refute my stance with scripture? I mean; now is your chance. You claim I am both wrong and ill informed, so show your work. Prove it. You want me to shut up? It's simple; shut me up by backing up your statement. I'll be waiting but won't hold my breathe, sorry. As far as I am concerned; the Torah isn't admissible for this exercise.

Peace

How are you anyway? I hope you are well. How is treatment?

Why do we have to be enemies in order to discuss things?
24-04-2016, 06:47 PM
And regarding the op; examples of excessive harshness riddle this thread. Your recounting of the scenario though not respectful to your elder, didn't seem overly harsh really. She was prying want she? I don't kno the full scenario, but it didn't seem to out of hand. Did you feel bad about it?

Peace
24-04-2016, 06:47 PM
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Mainly bullshit and delusion then.

No insult or insinuation of any sort intended. How would I know if you read all or none of them.

How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion? You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?

Peace

Plenty of men willingly died for slavery's and Nazism's sake. Men right now, and women, of course, are dying for ISIS's sake. People die for what I am personally confident to judge are stupid/wrong/delusional/fucked up reasons all the time. Being willing to die for something has ZERO to do with the idea's truth or worthiness.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
24-04-2016, 06:50 PM
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No insult or insinuation of any sort intended. How would I know if you read all or none of them.

My mistake. I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion? You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?

The fact that someone was willing to die for a belief does not make that belief true.

Do suicide bombers validate their god?

Examining something from outside, without belief or disbelief is sometimes the only way to determine the truth. When you look from the outside, all religions look the same.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-04-2016, 06:52 PM
(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pops.

I generally read the bible daily. I don't think I have read it in entirety yet, but I may have. I don't read in linear order or keep place so it's hard to be certain. If I haven't read it all then it's real close.

I didn't read what whiskey stated but I do not refute that history repeats itself, though I doubt that was what he was claiming. He was most likely claiming the depiction of Moses to be a copy, much like y'all enjoy saying Jesus is a copy. Nothing new to see here. I have a very good general knowledge of the guidance and morality set forth in the Bible though I cannot recite much without it in front of me.

And if I am unknowledgeable about scripture compared to those here then why not refute my stance with scripture? I mean; now is your chance. You claim I am both wrong and ill informed, so show your work. Prove it. You want me to shut up? It's simple; shut me up by backing up your statement. I'll be waiting but won't hold my breathe, sorry. As far as I am concerned; the Torah isn't admissible for this exercise.

Peace

How are you anyway? I hope you are well. How is treatment?

Why do we have to be enemies in order to discuss things?

You want me, a Baptist minister, to use scripture? Pops, you're out of your depth.

I am about to leave to go on a full day's journey anyway. So don't have time.

If you really want to get into scripture with me, start a thread on it. I know that book backwards. I also studied the early xians who wrote before the Jesus character was invented. Not one mentioned Jesus. Not at least until after circa AD 80 or so.

I read ancient literature for fun. Have been doing so now for 35 years. In May it'll be 36 years.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-04-2016, 06:52 PM
(24-04-2016 06:47 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No insult or insinuation of any sort intended. How would I know if you read all or none of them.

Peace

Plenty of men willingly died for slavery's and Nazism's sake. Men right now, and women, of course, are dying for ISIS's sake. People die for what I am personally confident to judge are stupid/wrong/delusional/fucked up reasons all the time. Being willing to die for something has ZERO to do with the idea's truth or worthiness.
Sure people die for all sorts of reasons. And no doubt many are lost who fervently belief they are right. And yes, this is due to indoctrination, but not indoctrination alone. It is based in greed and hunger for power and attainment. And based on every scripture I have read, is not the direction of man by God's will.

The willingness to die in itself is not justification of belief. I agree.

Peace