Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion?
People die in service to delusions every day kiddo.

(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?
We don't believe it because we have judged the veracity by comparing it to the only thing that matters: the evidence.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:12 PM
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion? You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?

[Image: my-life_1993925c.jpg]

These people died for a delusion, you stupid fuck.

If something's veracity isn't even testable (i.e. it's not falsifiable), then it's not worth believing in. Strength of a belief should be scaled to the strength of the evidence in support of it. Instead you'd rather jump all in, without evidence, and expect everyone else to just acquiesce to your assumptions instead of challenging them? Fuck that!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2016, 11:18 PM
(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I generally read the bible daily.
That would be sad and pathetic if it wasn't a lie. I have a good memory Pops, I remember you quite well stating you had never read the New Testament. Try selling your bullshit somewhere else ya?

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't read what whiskey stated...
When do you ever?Facepalm
That you don't actually read other peoples responses has been a consistent and often criticized tendency of yours.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  but I do not refute that history repeats itself, though I doubt that was what he was claiming.
No it wasn't, which you would know if you bothered to read.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He was most likely claiming the depiction of Moses to be a copy, much like y'all enjoy saying Jesus is a copy.
Not a copy, a fiction. Moses categorically did NOT exist. Not only did he not exist but everything in the Bible up to and possibly including the rule of "King" David is fiction. The character of Moses is a compilation of several other non-Jewish people to create a fictional character of Jewish tradition.

Moses is a fiction.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have a very good general knowledge of the guidance and morality set forth in the Bible though I cannot recite much without it in front of me.
You have no such thing and this has been proven time and time again over the last several months. You have a Sunday school level of understanding if that.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And if I am unknowledgeable about scripture compared to those here then why not refute my stance with scripture?
Not only has that already been done before by many people in many threads it's been done in THIS thread. Which was a courtesy considering we don't have to go to scripture to prove your bullshit wrong just simply point out that it's entirely unfounded and without any evidence at all.
Fuck off pops, you amateur.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You claim I am both wrong and ill informed, so show your work. Prove it.
This has been done so many times it's probably in the high 90s by now, yet it has never once shut you up.

(24-04-2016 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As far as I am concerned; the Torah isn't admissible for this exercise.
Oh look more goal post shifting, what a surprise. The Torah is a part of scripture so it's ENTIRELY admissible you fuckwit.

But fine here you go a few examples that show how fucking stupid you are to get your morals from the Bible all of them from outside the Torah.

Slavery:
Ephesians 6:5 Jesus says that slaves should obey, respect, and fear those who have enslaved them and that slaves should serve them sincerely as if they were serving god.
1 Timothy 6:1-2 Jesus says that salves should serve their masters well so they don't make god and his teachings look bad. Also like an asshole he says that if you are enslaved by a Christian work even HARDER cause you are helping a fellow christian. He says nothing about the Christian master helping the christian slave by NOT MAKING HIM A FUCKING SALVE!
Luke 12:47-48 Jesus says that slaves should be beaten for doing wrong even if they didn't know what they were doing is wrong.

At no point does he condemn slavery (which god supported in the OT), and in fact demands that slaves submit and work HARDER than before and it's OK to kill or beat them.

Murder!
Romans 1:24-32 asserts that gays and non-believers should be put to death, and that they deserve it.
2 Chronicles 15:12-13 states very clearly that any person, be they man or woman, who does not believe in the god of Israel should be murdered.
2 Kings 2:23-24 god sends two bears to maul to death 42 children for calling a man bald. 42 CHILDREN.
2 Samuel 6:3-7 states that god kills a man for putting a hand on his magic box - to SAVE it from falling over.
Isaiah 14:21 stats that children should be murdered for the crimes of their fathers.
Isaiah 13:15-18 advocates the murder of surrendered PoWs, the wholesale murder of children and infants, the targeting of civilian homes and the systematic rape of civilian women.
Fun fact: all of these are considered WAR CRIMES you dumb cunt.
Jeremiah 48:10 states that anyone who refuses to murder when told to do so by god is cursed.

Rape! (your favorite)
Judges 21:10-24 tells the tale of how it was righteous to sake a city, murder every man child, and non-virgin women, give the virgins over to a friendly tribe to be raped and then when there are not enough rape victims to go around to hide on the side of the road and kidnap and rape any women that comes by. This story is told as if it's a good and noble thing to do. This is a tradition also found in the Torah and in NO WAY an isolated incident.

Human Sacrifice!
Judges 11:29-40 tells the story of a man burning his daughter alive for god. God does not interfere despite doing so MULTIPLE times when he disagrees with what his people are doing. Like making fun of old men for example, there god kills 42 children but a man burning his children alive? Naw that's fuckin' fine.
Joshua 7:15 god commands that a man be burned alive for braking a deal with god.

Other stuff!
Matthew 10:34 Jesus says that he is not here to bring peace but "the sword" and that anyone who loves anyone more than they love Jesus is not worthy of him.
Matthew 10:21 here Jesus talks about his plan to cause brothers to kill each other, fathers to kill their children, and children to kill their parents.
Matthew 11:20 Jesus condemns entire cities to horrible death and eternity in hell for the crime of not agreeing with Jesus. Thought crime!
Matthew 13:10-15 here Jesus explains that he intentionally talks in parables to confuse people so they can't understand and thus be healed by him.
Mark 4:11-12 Jesus expounds on this saying that he talks in parables so they wont understand, wont convert, and so they wont have their sins forgiven. Basically he talks in riddles to confuse people so they will go to hell, what a nice fucker.
Matthew 15:4-7 Jesus yells at the Pharisees for not murdering children that don't obey their parents. Not FOR killing children but for NOT killing children. He does this again in Mark 7:9.
Matthew 19:29 Jesus tells people that if you abandon your spouse or your children he shall reward you 100x over in heaven. By the way parents abandoning their children is a form of child abuse called neglect and here in civilized countries its a fucking crime.

There you stupid fucking cunt, a whole bunch of non-Torah examples of the exact OPPOSITE of what you are mouthing off about in a subject you know nothing about.

[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:19 PM
(24-04-2016 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Perhaps you try listing these obvious contradictions instead of just asserting such. Doubtful though.

There are innumerable lists available, pick one. For starters, who you should kill, why, and when, against calls for not killing. You cannot square the genocide of Yahweh with the absolute pacifism of Jainism.

(24-04-2016 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again people insisting the GOD must conform to their will.

We insist on evidence for our beliefs, a requirement you never apply.

(24-04-2016 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ever heard of the tower of Babel?

Sure. It's a myth built around real history.

(24-04-2016 09:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not like I was indoctrinated with such beliefs. They weren't given to me by any man and they have been verified by all text I have read on the subject.

Peace

So without reading the Bible, you came to the conclusion that people have different languages because a long time ago some people built a tower and pissed off god out in a dessert? And upon further research, you entirely missed everything modern linguistics has to say about it?

Man, you are a special kind of stupid.

[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2016, 11:20 PM
(24-04-2016 06:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Lastly, did you really just say you where an atheist Baptist minister? Surely I mis read...right?

Fuck me you're stooooopid.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:23 PM
(24-04-2016 07:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I try to help others in any way I can.
Like when you tried and failed to kill your wife, or when you tried to find out where I live so you could come and assault me?

Not everyone here is a fucking idiot like you pops, I for one know how big a bag of shit your selling really is.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Scripture.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1st Kings 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not, ) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

2nd Chronicles 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not, ) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1st John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1st John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1st John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Contradiction of the above scripture.

Psalm 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psalm 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

1st John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin .

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
(Jesus took the sin away from the sinner instead of casting the first stone)

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful wit

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
24-04-2016, 11:28 PM
(24-04-2016 12:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A person has no place judging anything that they don't even believe in.
What's your opinion on Neo-Nazi hate groups Pops?

24-04-2016, 11:30 PM
(24-04-2016 09:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know what the writings of non peaceable religions state as I have not read them.
That's called confirmation bias, only reading what already agrees with your conclusion. Fuck you are bad at this lol Fuckin' amateurs man.

25-04-2016, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 01:10 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Whisky and EK, the bad-cop/bad-cop routine of TTA counter apologetics. Rolleyes

[Image: pulpfiction.jpeg]

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post