Was my response to theist too harsh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Was my response to theist too harsh?
Hello All!

Thank you so much for the response to my "question" Thumbsup

I still feel that my thinking is spot on, although some of the posts do not agree.
Basically, when a child is born, they do not have any god knowledge - they become god fearing due to teaching. Whether they are then seen as atheist or agnostic depends on which side you decide to butter your bread Tongue

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes stcomza's post
25-04-2016, 04:08 AM
(25-04-2016 12:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Whisky and EK, the bad-cop/bad-cop routine of TTA counter apologetics. Rolleyes

[Image: pulpfiction.jpeg]

Yeah, but which one of you is going to clean up the mess later!??
Remember, its was a bloody mess in that car!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
25-04-2016, 05:27 AM
(25-04-2016 04:08 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 12:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Whisky and EK, the bad-cop/bad-cop routine of TTA counter apologetics. Rolleyes

[Image: pulpfiction.jpeg]

Yeah, but which one of you is going to clean up the mess later!??
Remember, its was a bloody mess in that car!

As long as I don't have to wash the gimp, I don't really care. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-04-2016, 05:46 AM
(24-04-2016 11:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know what the writings of non peaceable religions state as I have not read them.
That's called confirmation bias, only reading what already agrees with your conclusion. Fuck you are bad at this lol Fuckin' amateurs man.
It's not confirmation bias. I haven't gotten to all writing and may never. Of course I will focus and study faiths that are peacable prior to inquiring on any thing that isn't. It's not that I disagree that there are non peaceful religions, I just have no real interest in them. I have studied paganism to some extent, but when they claim their religion was started in the 80s as opposed to prior to Christ, then it's kinda hard to take them seriously.

Peace
25-04-2016, 05:55 AM
(25-04-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's called confirmation bias, only reading what already agrees with your conclusion. Fuck you are bad at this lol Fuckin' amateurs man.
It's not confirmation bias. I haven't gotten to all writing and may never. Of course I will focus and study faiths that are peacable prior to inquiring on any thing that isn't. It's not that I disagree that there are non peaceful religions, I just have no real interest in them. I have studied paganism to some extent, but when they claim their religion was started in the 80s as opposed to prior to Christ, then it's kinda hard to take them seriously.

Peace

No. You have confirmation bias Pops.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-04-2016, 05:57 AM
(25-04-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's called confirmation bias, only reading what already agrees with your conclusion. Fuck you are bad at this lol Fuckin' amateurs man.

Peace

When i consider that christianity was started just 2k years ago and compare it with ancient egyptian religion, then its kinda hard to take it seriously.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
25-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Quote:
(24-04-2016 06:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you claim the life's work of men that they willingly died for to be simple delusion? You don't believe it so how can you judge it's veracity?

(24-04-2016 06:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The willingness to die in itself is not justification of belief. I agree.

Facepalm

When a rational person finds that they have two conflicting or contradictory beliefs they stop and re-evaluate the reasons for those beliefs in order to resolve the contradiction. You are not rational.

(24-04-2016 07:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm already established as not worth anyone's time here according to most yet they still reply.

Because it is important that your utter nonsense not go unchallenged. There could be somebody reading this who sees you make claims and would consider the lack of response to mean that there was some iota of value in them. It can't be stated often enough that you are simply irrational.

Quote:So the issue is credibility.

and you have none

Quote:He doesn't have to back his claims. Just hoped he wasn't a blatant liar, being sick and all, it's just not too cool, but to each his own I suppose. Perhaps that a how he gets his relief. I'm not going to judge.

You just did, you hypocrtical wanker.

Quote:It's not too possible to prove the existence or lack of existence in GOD.

What the fuck does "not too possible" mean? How could it be "too possible" to prove anything?

Free clue: if it isn't possible to prove that something exists then it isn't rational to believe that it does. You wouldn't understand that because you aren't rational. You need serious help. Get some.

Quote:It is very easy to prove that someone isn't knowledgeable in any particular written subject, as he has done.

The only one who has shown that he doesn't know what he is talking about is you. Why don't you go back and do some more cherry picking scripture that agrees with what you already deluded yourself into believing?

Quote:Peace

Not with hypocritical assholes making inane claims

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
25-04-2016, 06:03 AM
(25-04-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not confirmation bias. I haven't gotten to all writing and may never. Of course I will focus and study faiths that are peacable prior to inquiring on any thing that isn't. It's not that I disagree that there are non peaceful religions, I just have no real interest in them.

You've claimed multiple times that all scripture confirms the same "truth". What you mean is that when you cherry pick the things you like and that agree with your beliefs then everything you read confirms your beliefs.

Quote:I have studied paganism to some extent, but when they claim their religion was started in the 80s as opposed to prior to Christ, then it's kinda hard to take them seriously.

You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

Get some help, Pops, the meds appear to have worn off again.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
25-04-2016, 06:04 AM
(25-04-2016 05:57 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not confirmation bias. I haven't gotten to all writing and may never. Of course I will focus and study faiths that are peacable prior to inquiring on any thing that isn't. It's not that I disagree that there are non peaceful religions, I just have no real interest in them. I have studied paganism to some extent, but when they claim their religion was started in the 80s as opposed to prior to Christ, then it's kinda hard to take them seriously.

Peace

When i consider that christianity was started just 2k years ago and compare it with ancient egyptian religion, then its kinda hard to take it seriously.
Well why don't you study the Bhagavad Gita? Hindu is the oldest religion still in practice. It actually has many similarities with the Bible. Ancient Egypt is interesting though.
25-04-2016, 06:05 AM
(25-04-2016 06:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 05:57 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  When i consider that christianity was started just 2k years ago and compare it with ancient egyptian religion, then its kinda hard to take it seriously.
Well why don't you study the Bhagavad Gita? Hindu is the oldest religion still in practice. It actually has many similarities with the Bible. Ancient Egypt is interesting though.

Have you read it?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.